POPTOYS 1/6 EX-026 Devoted Samurai (standard version/deluxe version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thrust, are you using a dslr for pics?

And yes, in hand it looks amazing. My phone doesnt do the sculpt justice.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Has anyone looked into commissioning a sculpted hair piece to place onto the Poptoys head? Irreversible conversion, but could be a big improvement.

beautiful shots.
Jin killed the sculpt!! Its at least twice as good in hand as it is in photos.
I'm very happy with mine as well!

I went back and looked at the screen shots from the film. I didn't notice anything bits of armor that appeared to be copper like Vipers new version. It looks good but I think pop toys got just about everything right. With a new custom head its easily becoming my favorite figure to look at!!

Thanks buddy, and indeed, Jin nailed it. And as you've mentioned Vipers version, I've spent also my time to compare both and with the armor in the movie itself. While Jiu Ans and Vipers version is outstanding aswell and I'm sure it will look tremendous in-hand, I still believe that the Pop Toys version is more accurate and it captured more the look and the details from the real costume and qualitywise it's at least on pair with Jiu Ans/Vipers version. I'm not seeing the lack of quality or failures compared to Jiu Ans/Vipers version that some users have mentioned it on the other thread. The only thing Jiu Ans/Vipers version is considerably better is the headsculpt. The new improved renders and the paintings of the proto are promising a beautiful sculpt, while Pop Toys headsculpt has its flaws and...that..."hair"... But then, you still have Jin with his masterpiece and you still can order it from him and still being a bit cheaper with this combo, and as for me and as for now and just judging by pictures, I do prefer the Pop Toys version also over Jiu Ans/Vipers. But let's see how Jiu Ans/Vipers version will look at the end.

wow nice pictures!!!

Thanks bud. When will you receive yours?

you always have amazing pics Thrustmaster :clap

Thanks mate, much appreciated :1-1: How about you? I've read you're considering to PO the Jiu Ans/Vipers version. Already did or still debating?

Thrust, are you using a dslr for pics?

And yes, in hand it looks amazing. My phone doesnt do the sculpt justice.

Yes, I'm using a DSLR. And btw, I haven't critisized your pictures. Your pictures actually calmed me down after seeing them. It was some other pictures I've seen from other guys on Instagram. One showed this sculpt with a real plain paint job, I'm not sure if it was even painted by Jin himself. And the other one showed some pictures, where the sculpt looked so small compared to the body and with a giant neck. I was surprised to see that low quality as I know Jin is a great artist. But then I saw your pictures and saw it has neither a plain paint job nor it looks too small. It has actually a perfect size, the head is close the same size as the Pop Toys head, the sculpted hair makes it looking more sleek.

What I also do love on this sculpt is the intensioned designed gap between the neck and the hair, so you can use that space to fill it with the clothes. It gives the look that the hair is falling over the clothes. Very well and clever designed.

tls-jin-pop-f.png

tls-jin-pop-g.png

tls-jin-pop-h.png

Last edited:
The other company?s name is Jiuan, not Jius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, much appreciated :1-1: How about you? I've read you're considering to PO the Jiu Ans/Vipers version. Already did or still debating?

I'm still deciding but your amazing pics definitely are making the decision difficult :lol Honestly, I don't think anyone can go wrong with either company. Just comes down to money like most things in this life haha

I placed an order from onesixthkit couple days ago. Cant wait for it to come out.

Ujio looks very good, but shouldn’t his armor be more bluish? I always thought of it as being more blue but it’s been years since I’ve seen the movie. In googling some of the photos the color is a bit all over the place. Further compounding that, when I researched the official costume the armor breastplate and shoulder pads are actually more jade. https://youtu.be/SYWwg90eA98 . The color shifting could be a function of the film’s color grading. Still I won’t sit on ordering when it goes up. If the armor ends up being too brown I may have someone add a greenish wash to match the official costume. Looking forward to the Katsumoto release. Really the best character in the movie. For some reason now I’d like to see someone take on “Hero” or “Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.”

Haha know how you feel. Really considering Katsumoto myself. But trying to downsize at the same time. I should stay away from this thread.

FYI full reveal and preorders for Katsumoto will begin August 1st according to PopToys’ Facebook page today!

Back