Popcultureshock Mortal Kombat - Scorpion Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like people just buy PCS staues just to sell
This I believe. If you think about it the only quality piece PCS released is Sagat. Every other piece is plagued w/ defects or unnecessary headaches. I grew up playing MK but they could have executed the ninjas better.

Picked this up a few days back for a pretty cheap price because of a bit of damage which i fixed up. It's a great statue and the pose really isn't as bad as people make out, you can really see everything that you need to see and the base isn't as tacky as i thought it was gonna be.

Should be great when matched up with Subs later in the year (hopefully)

Will do some pics soon and do a pic compared with the Syco 18inch if i have the room.

Picked this up a few days back for a pretty cheap price because of a bit of damage which i fixed up. It's a great statue and the pose really isn't as bad as people make out, you can really see everything that you need to see and the base isn't as tacky as i thought it was gonna be.

Should be great when matched up with Subs later in the year (hopefully)

Will do some pics soon and do a pic compared with the Syco 18inch if i have the room.

How can you compare with the Syco version which is so cheap.

My bad, i saw a review on Youtube but i have the Ermac which is really nice !

Paints on Scorpion are much better than Ermac imo, i do prefer the pose but i'll probably sell it on now as it doesn't fit into my display idea now, but it's really not bad at all.

I actually prefer the gold paints on it over the PCS one.

20131001120549-9d51e34b.jpg

Paints on Scorpion are much better than Ermac imo, i do prefer the pose but i'll probably sell it on now as it doesn't fit into my display idea now, but it's really not bad at all.

I actually prefer the gold paints on it over the PCS one.

20131001120549-9d51e34b.jpg

Agree that's why i'll have it repainted. Sure it will looks awesome then :)
Hope PCS will make Ermac alternate costume

This I believe. If you think about it the only quality piece PCS released is Sagat. Every other piece is plagued w/ defects or unnecessary headaches. I grew up playing MK but they could have executed the ninjas better.

That's true, sagat was awesome but pcs seem to have a lot of issues with their statues.

Has anyone had any problems with the new shao khan statue?

Looks good but not great, I will be changing a few things on mine, matte legs, highlights, shading, possibly a few other things, but really looking forward to this after so long

Ok, finally got this dude out of the box. First impressions are, it looks pretty dam cool! I'm fairly happy with how it came out. However, there are some areas of concern, which I'll point out in a minute. First though, I just want to start with the good. The paint apps seems very well done on the torso, arms and head. The skin tone on the arms is VERY well done, just like Kahn. Really nice veining and shading. The yellow on his costume seems like the perfect colour. I don't think it's to dark or to light. The main head with the mask I gatta admit looks pretty good in person. It's a weird optical illusion that go's on with that head in pics. In person it doesn't look to long. When you view it from the side the size and profile looks perfect. When viewed directly from the front it kinda tricks your eyes into thinking it's longer than it is. I think this has to do with the mask sitting just on top of the yellow part of the shoulder. So they almost look like they blend at times. Overall though, I'm happy with it and it's painted very well. They eyes are another optical illusion. From 4 feet back they almost look yellow, but they are in fact white with red speckling. I wouldn't say the effect is done as well as the proto, but it's close enough I think. All the heads are painted well. Personally, I like the main head the best, but the others are cool still. Not sure which I like more of the skull heads.

Now for the not so good. FIRST thing I noticed when taking it out of the box is that the loin cloth is a completely different colour than the rest of the suit. It's very distracting and kinda sucks it got through QC. I'm not gonna bother asking for a replacement just for that because I'm sure they will all arrive that way. But they are indeed two different colours. Second thing that bothered me is the black part of the legs look VERY rough. Like they didn't even bother to sand down the primer under the paint before spraying. There are lines and what look like scratches all over the legs. When you look close you can tell it's the cast or primer under the paint which is unfinished. It looks messy and I'm gonna see if I can get a replacement body for this. The statue isn't heavy, infact it's quite light. Not really a bad thing, just thought it would be heavier. The base..........well the base is a base. Not much to say there.

Overall I'm happy with it and it looks awesome in person. I'm sure when all four ninjas are next to each other it will be a pretty cool sight to see in person.

Oh, and a quick tip when you get the styro out of the art box. The top of the box which you will THINK is the top of the box....isn't. It's really the bottom. If you open it with the pop culture logo facing up you will have all the pieces and the body fall out of their slots and onto the floor infront of you. Start with the BACK SIDE of the box, thats's where the base is.

And now, pics!

This is not the topside of the box
9ECB73C3-27B7-43E2-92D2-A144ABEBC579_zpsvmrje8vv.jpg

F64441FE-8205-4620-96CB-86142DDE3C31_zpsyv99lvps.jpg

6CB6D61E-D48B-4936-B1F1-1A6F53AB8B90_zpsairz0ket.jpg

B6BA746B-0BBC-4F3B-95EF-6723719B7B4D_zps35pskg6a.jpg

C260B83E-14E3-447C-97A8-9263F224BFD2_zpsk5jhqnnk.jpg

DCDEE2F4-52A4-48C8-BE8E-2985D18BB0EA_zps0vvbvexe.jpg

CE4FC336-C6B0-479B-9FAD-5A4BA9297F18_zpskecr3sxp.jpg

7C434FFE-BD37-4AB6-9A51-48409EC101DD_zpsfzyu6n6m.jpg

C7775BD8-EAF6-4031-82F3-7BF5B4028278_zpsrp3cebch.jpg

428BA6CD-E8FC-4093-916A-8589E54A6EBC_zpsjcaltouv.jpg