Popcultureshock Mortal Kombat - Scorpion Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
Confirmed...the first statue in the Popcultureshock Mortal Kombat line is Scorpion, measuring 23" tall and $330

PopCultureShock said:
Hey everyone

This is all polystone, no mixed media. Costume is just too complicated to try and do with real fabric.

As far as choice of costume, we dont get any say in that. There is a new game out and thats what Warner Bros wants to promote.

As far as pose I need to stretch my creative muscles. Its not that much fun to do two lines in exactly the same way. Plus I just feel Street Fighter characters are more stoic and MK characters are more dynamic.

It wont be up for presale until SDCC. Thats where we will debut the finished product, but we will be well into production at that point.

scorpiongb.png

Sweet. :yess: Very much looking forward to SDCC pics of the painted prototype.

Never owned a PCS piece... hows the quality compared to Sideshow?

I bet we'll see Sub Zero and Mileena/Kitana next.

I always had him pictured in a more museum pose but i dig it! im so tempted to get into popculture shock, but have yet to see them in person.

Fair play to Jerry. His company pick far more exciting and dynamic poses than Sideshow seem capable of

Wish the classic Scorpion would have been chosen, also wished it was mixed media but I can't wait for SDCC for more detailed pics.

It'd be great if all of these are done in poses like this, meaning a pose facing each other to form a variety of dio's, for instance sub-zero doing an ice beam.

SSC should be carying these right?

yes you should be able to order them from SSC :)
and the reason jerry doesn't make the old costumes is simple:
the publisher (warner bros if I'm not mistaken) made that decision for him, they got a new game out and that's what they want to promote.. actually I agree with them, if you look at the old costumes, it's basically all the same :) al lot of characters share the same outfit only in a different color...
I'm more excited to see this statue in the new costume :)

oh, and the announcement will be made final on SDCC including the reveal of the exclusive edition :D

Back