Popcultureshock Mortal Kombat - Scorpion Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have been out of the PCS world for a while and it is clear that for what ever reason its going from bad to worse. Sucks indeed.

:cuckoo: did you read the "or member" part?:wave

You just hating cus you got nothing on Price

b5760719-11cb-44aa-a5a9-6d9225b87fe7.jpg

:wave

Please do not "bash" other forums on this board. We prefer to keep a good repuation with all collector boards here. Thanks.

This collector received the EXCLUSIVE Fatality version.

And believe me he's not the only one. :slap

Well, EX #59 is in the house. Actually, it's not in the house specifically as I opened it in the garage. After hearing the complaints on the styro, I figured it would be better to open it out there and not screw up my house plus I could use the leaf blower to clean up the mess. VERY wise decision.

Here's my review:

GOOD:
First piece I saw was the base. I personally think the paints on the base are better than what I have heard. They are not great and they are nowhere near the original solicitation pics, but they are a little brighter than they may look in pics. There was a bit of black paint splatter but not nearly as much as in some other collector's pics. The base was actually filthy from factory dust or something (I guess?)...many spots that looked like flaws were just dirt/dust that needed to be wiped away.

All the removable pieces looked really good. Swords looked great, extra bases pieces were fine, ninja head was perfect, bare skull is awesome and the flaming skull was better than I thought (still looks Ghost Riderish to me so I would never display it but is a significant imporvement over the original abomination we saw and looks better in person than pics. Swords look great and the spear while plastic (which is still cheap as hell IMO) actually looks close enough like metal to pass.

BAD:
How much time you got? Once I got to the main statue I quickly realized that maybe Jerry packed #59 for me personally as payback for some of my previous comments.

Not one but both skull pads had broken pieces. His left shoulder pad was completely broken off. His left arm came off at the glue point. Finally, his left leg snapped off from the body.

Broken Kneepads
IMAG0245.jpg

Broken arm at gluepoint
IMAG0244.jpg

Broken leg (this one is not the glue, it snapped)
IMAG0243.jpg

Broken kneepad pieces and shoulderpad
IMAG0242.jpg

CONCLUSION:

Fantastic sculpt with piss-poor execution. Total of FIVE broken areas. There are no excuses here, this is a total POS.

Are you referring to the owner of SF?

That's a great deal. I would trade it for Akuma.

Let's move on from those guys at SF...as for Akuma...I see him sell for 1500,but the cave troll sold a while back on the bay for around 1750...so I am thinking maybe I can get more...but i am super scared to ship the cave troll internationally...he's huge and his arm with the club is notorious for breaking...I just wish I could find an Akuma locally in Vancouver.Do you know how much the Cave troll is worth these days

Let's move on from those guys at SF...as for Akuma...I see him sell for 1500,but the cave troll sold a while back on the bay for around 1750...so I am thinking maybe I can get more...but i am super scared to ship the cave troll internationally...he's huge and his arm with the club is notorious for breaking...I just wish I could find an Akuma locally in Vancouver.Do you know how much the Cave troll is worth these days

Troll you can get for $800. With a pending Troll PF coming, I would trade it now. When I should statues, put it in another box & fill it with foam or bubble wrap. Now if this is a trade, I would be very cautious about it. You just wouldn't know if the other party will ship it or not.

I got my EX, No. 44. The only issue I had with it was a small piece of the knee pad on the left leg was snapped off, but it was easily fixable with a dab of glue. The rest of the piece is flawless. Good paint apps, heads fit fine, no other broken parts, no problems with the magnets and no limbs falling off. I count myself lucky considering all of the issues. Overall it's a nice piece.

here is a video of my unboxing [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Sa7ou1zlc[/ame]

Back