Popculture Shock Guile Convert?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hesitated on pre-ordering this piece when it hit 3-4 days ago, and of course it's waitlisted. I jumped on the WL for both reg and Ex.

How likely are these to convert or not?
I know it's ES is close to that of Cammy and up until about a month ago, SS had both Cammy's In-Stock.
Just curious

I hesitated on pre-ordering this piece when it hit 3-4 days ago, and of course it's waitlisted. I jumped on the WL for both reg and Ex.

How likely are these to convert or not?
I know it's ES is close to that of Cammy and up until about a month ago, SS had both Cammy's In-Stock.
Just curious

the chance is unfortunately very slim. there is a huge thread about it on statueforum.

Well Jerry talked about increasing the ES for both EX and Regular, but 3-4 days is unlikely to convert for EX I am afraid seeing it sold out in a few minutes. But with increase ES for regular, you should definitely jump on the waitlist and pre-ordering from other vendor early on. Because my guess is, merchants will likely get the bulk of the additional new ES.

I jumped on the ex wait list about 30 mins after it sold out, and I don't even think I'll get a convert. Just glad I got the reg in time.

To be honest (and Ive said this on other threads) I dont care about the exclusive just because it's exclusive. In this case I think the colors on the regular look much better than the exclusive.

I hopped on the WL for both, just hoping one of the two convert.
Thanks for the info, I just didn't want to order from a secondary retailer if I didn't absolutely have to. So now I just have to wait 4-5 months to know if it converts :)

Thanks guys

Been following the beast of a thread on SF about the Guile piece.
Long story short, Jerry upped the ES on both the Ex and Reg.

Any educated guesses on how/when they fulfill waitlists when an ES increases? Basically what Im getting at is I'm on the waitlist for one of each. Would those extras been filled right away and I probably didn't make the cut or do those numbers get filled closer to the release date?

Just trying to determine if I should ride it out with my SS direct waitlists, or attempt to jump on an in-stock pre-order with a retailer? Problem with most retailers is some want a non refundable deposit, or even payment in full.

Any thoughts?

Got his just now.

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of Pop Culture Shock’s Guile 18 inch Mixed Media Statue, item 900887. We have recently been informed that the manufacturer will be increasing the edition size of this item from 350 to 550 pieces, to meet the demand of this highly anticipated collectible. They apologize for the change and would like to include an additional exclusive accessory, Charlie’s sixth scale dog tags, for any inconvenience that this change may cause for you.

Sideshow Collectibles apologizes for the production change. If this new information alters your decision to keep your pre-order, than you can of course cancel this item through your online account.

If you choose to keep this order and receive the second set of dog tags for Charlie, no further action is needed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Got his just now.

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of Pop Culture Shock’s Guile 18 inch Mixed Media Statue, item 900887. We have recently been informed that the manufacturer will be increasing the edition size of this item from 350 to 550 pieces, to meet the demand of this highly anticipated collectible. They apologize for the change and would like to include an additional exclusive accessory, Charlie’s sixth scale dog tags, for any inconvenience that this change may cause for you.

Sideshow Collectibles apologizes for the production change. If this new information alters your decision to keep your pre-order, than you can of course cancel this item through your online account.

If you choose to keep this order and receive the second set of dog tags for Charlie, no further action is needed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Interesting.

Why would they give an additional accessory to the first 350, just because they are increasing the ES? Shouldn't everyone get those extra dog tags?...That would make a 3rd variant. Gawd, SS makes such awful decisions at times. No wonder their GC section gets "fatter" by the week.

Why would they give an additional accessory to the first 350, just because they are increasing the ES? Shouldn't everyone get those extra dog tags?...That would make a 3rd variant. Gawd, SS makes such awful decisions at times. No wonder their GC section gets "fatter" by the week.

I'm assuming the extra dog tags are for everyone.

from what I understand the dog tags are just for people that had a confirmed order before the edition bump.

from what I understand the dog tags are just for people that had a confirmed order before the edition bump.

That would make sense to me but the email is unclear. If you were one of the initial people who ordered you should get something special...kudos to Jerry IMO.

I got the same e-mail for the reg and EX. I'm thinking of letting one of them. Either that or use it as trade bait for a piece that I really want.

Back