POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still saved about 20% even with the extra fees. So meh, I'm not going to complain too loudly about it. The weirdest thing though was that if you had more than one item in the cart, it didn't show me the TRUE cost until you hit accept. But by then it's too late. So somewhere along the line it could be a bit clearer.

I still saved about 20% even with the extra fees. So meh, I'm not going to complain too loudly about it. The weirdest thing though was that if you had more than one item in the cart, it didn't show me the TRUE cost until you hit accept. But by then it's too late. So somewhere along the line it could be a bit clearer.

Hmmmm, it showed me the actual cost, and gave me the option to cancel the transaction as well. which I did, and why I easked for an invoice.....

I don't remember all the details now. I know I was surprised by the extra $40 on my bill from paypal, which I only saw after it all went through. I went back and forth over the purchase enough times before I pulled the trigger that I would have noticed that. Other than that, it did show everything else correctly after 2 or 3 screens of confirmations. lol

All a moot point now though. Lesson learned on international orders! Still a good deal.

I don't remember all the details now. I know I was surprised by the extra $40 on my bill from paypal, which I only saw after it all went through. I went back and forth over the purchase enough times before I pulled the trigger that I would have noticed that. Other than that, it did show everything else correctly after 2 or 3 screens of confirmations. lol

All a moot point now though. Lesson learned on international orders! Still a good deal.

yeah, must have missed it, it showed the PP total, and the Popcultcha total, and links to cancel at the bttm of the PP screen and Popcultcha screen. So the actual PP actual full billing price was shown, and could be cancelled on the PP site, or the last confirm order stage on the Popcultcha site..I did it many times, many many times LOL

It is misleading, so for someone who isn't use to this set up might throw them off like myself. I wish they didn't have their own currency converter and just go with paypal altogether.

I'd actually prefer if they didn't have any different currencies and just displayed everything in AUD. Those conversions have led to all sorts of glitches and customer complaints, and it'd be a smoother experience to just have everything in one currency. And it creates more transparency in the pricing so you know what you're paying upfront. Plus, when you check out through Paypal in a different currency, it shows you the exchange rate they're using anyways (before the final order confirmation screen).

Just my two cents (US).

Well as many, incld. me have said before, most have a Foreign Transaction Fee added too the total, so regardless if your not in AU you will have that added, which is not Popcultcha's issue..

I don't remember any additional foreign transaction fee during checkout. You'll pay one if you choose to pay with your credit card, but if you're using a bank account, Paypal's fee is just a worse exchange rate (for you).

yeah, must have missed it, it showed the PP total, and the Popcultcha total, and links to cancel at the bttm of the PP screen and Popcultcha screen. So the actual PP actual full billing price was shown, and could be cancelled on the PP site, or the last confirm order stage on the Popcultcha site..I did it many times, many many times LOL

I probably glossed over it somewhere in my excitement. lol

For those of you who have pre ordered stuff from Popcultcha before, how soon do they typically get their stuff in relation to the US? Like do they ship typically around when Sideshow shipments start going out? After? Before?

More often then not it is a couple of weeks to a couple of months later.

Though recently there have been a few Hot Toy items we have been getting within a week, but statues vary.

Yeah lately the HT figures they have in stock right at the same time as SS or a few days before or after. I got Vader from them and it shipped the 31st of December and people got theirs shipped from SS the 24th or something.

SS just got the snowtroopers from TFA and I think PC has them already too.

Ahh okay, thanks! Glad to see it's pretty close. :yess: PC does indeed have the TFA snowtroopers in stock, according to their website.

Just got this email from Popcultcha with details about the glitch and orders. Others may have already gotten it, but I thought I'd post it for the record.

I preordered the Black Chrome Batman and paid in full through PayPal. Discount ended up being about $65 less than Sideshow when all was said and done (I'm in California, so pay an extra 8% or so when ordering from Sideshow).

Thanks for your order and payment here at Popcultcha. Very sorry for the delay in confirming your order, as you may have noticed there was an issue with the Hot Toy pre orders and this order actually received a very generous unauthorised discount. Now even though this issue was caused by a third party we will be going ahead and honouring this order and nothing will change for you. Your items are still on pre order and if you paid in full there is nothing more you need to do, your order will automatically ship out to you as soon as the stock hits our warehouse. You will receive an email notification on the day of dispatch and parcel tracking. If you have only paid a deposit, we will contact you when the items(s) are released to finalise the payment so we can get the item sent out. Due to the generous discount though we will be unable to add any pennies that would have been applied to this order, the discount given is very generous though and covers any loss of pennies.

That is great news! I haven't received that e-mail yet but I will be on the look out for it now. Glad they are sticking with it, this saves me a few extra headaches. :hi5:

Edit: I just got the email too. Same exact one. Huzzah! Now I can finally rest easy knowing I got the Boba Fett and Chewie pre orders for about $210 each shipped.

Just got this email from Popcultcha with details about the glitch and orders. Others may have already gotten it, but I thought I'd post it for the record.

I preordered the Black Chrome Batman and paid in full through PayPal. Discount ended up being about $65 less than Sideshow when all was said and done (I'm in California, so pay an extra 8% or so when ordering from Sideshow).

So are they honoring the ones who put a deposit down as well at the discounted price or only the Full payers?

So are they honoring the ones who put a deposit down as well at the discounted price or only the Full payers?

From the email:
If you have only paid a deposit, we will contact you when the items(s) are released to finalise the payment so we can get the item sent out.

So, I would say yes.

Popcultcha cancelled my HT Princess Leia glitch order due to them not receiving enough stock from the supplier. Is this common practice for popcultcha? It doesn't give me any confidence for my other pre-orders with them. I'd say it's their way of getting around these glitch orders so they don't have to honour them.

Yep, everything is being honored. :wink1: Sounds almost like someone hacked their site, that third-party they mentioned...

Yep, everything is being honored. :wink1: Sounds almost like someone hacked their site, that third-party they mentioned...

well they said the same thing during the "double discount" frenzy in 2015 (otherwise known as the real spook), but they also honored all those. I truly think this wasn't a mistake and was planned! got rid of a ton of inventory during spook and now just increased their pre-order volume by a ton, I wouldn't be shocked if they get bigger discounts from Hot Toys as their pre-order quantities increase...

Having said that, if it was a mistake, props to POPCULTCHA for honoring it, you have gained a lot of new customers lately by doing so, I am one of them.
Received e-mails for all my orders saying they will be honored, I think I ordered about $3,000 worth, basically my entire 2016 wish list, downside was I had to pay for it now but it was 10-25% cheaper than sideshow prices (even after figuring $20 coupons and such into the price). Kind of wish I would have bought more, a few figures like Terminator Endo I didn't order (I think it would have been $200 shipped).

Yep, got the email that they're honoring my order.
Having missed out on Han, Chewy and Obi Wan by the time I decided to jump into SW, I was
SO incredibly psyched to get these figures without resorting to eBay prices. I had already inquired with SS as to whether or not they were
getting them eventually, and they continued to be elusive with their answers.
Now, I truly wish I had pounced on the other figures I knew would be ones I also needed (Bats vs. Supes, CW Cap, Vision)
but I just wasn't ready to plunk down that kind of money upfront, even if it meant a great deal.
Hindsight is 20/20! Glad I got the three I did!

My order went thru as a deposit only order during the glitch and I was just told that they are not honoring my order, hows that make sense. They said had I paid in full my order would of been honored but sense it was only a deposit their not. I had 5 items in my cart and when I was trying to place my order I kept getting the paypay reject message. It then converted to a deposit order when it went thru and because of that they arent honoring the discount

Popcultcha cancelled my HT Princess Leia glitch order due to them not receiving enough stock from the supplier. Is this common practice for popcultcha? It doesn't give me any confidence for my other pre-orders with them. I'd say it's their way of getting around these glitch orders so they don't have to honour them.

same thing, leia canceled same explanation all others order honored

Sorry to hear, guys. I guess since they already have my money for the entire order and my items aren't due to ship out until the next 3-4 months, they wanted to hold onto it for the time being. I just pray they don't run off with it, haha, hopefully Paypal has my back. :pray:

Back