POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ant man came in under $200 for me and vision was $170(best deal of the bunch since retail is actually $219). The cheapest I found Ant Man was roughly $235 and Vision was $210. For me living in CA iit was a no brainier . Like I said earlier, these are figures I knew I wanted and would have bought them . Buying non exclusives from SS is pointless since I get hit with the 7.5% tax negating rewards .

There are definitely little things that factor into the difference, like reward points and potential free shipping perks, but not including SSC shipping costs, I still saved almost $150 from 3 figures so it's not that bad.

I get really confused on how the final prices are figured when ordering from PC sometimes.
I live in the US and know some of the extra taxes are later removed but when I get to PayPal the prices are completely different, sometimes much higher than expected.
Example, I was looking at Vision. He's listed at $190 on the site ( I have the US currency set) $17 for Pack & Ship for what should be a total of $207.
I go to PayPal and now it tells me the charge to my account will be $231?
I had this happen to me the other day when ordering Han Solo. My cart showed a final price of $178 but I get to PayPal and it's charging me $196.
Anyone else experience this and know why?

before the items were in-stock... this time it's for pre-orders so not sure how they'll handle it.

I don't really like having $800 held up in pre-orders.... so I want them to cancel.

I get really confused on how the final prices are figured when ordering from PC sometimes.
I live in the US and know some of the extra taxes are later removed but when I get to PayPal the prices are completely different, sometimes much higher than expected.
Example, I was looking at Vision. He's listed at $190 on the site ( I have the US currency set) $17 for Pack & Ship for what should be a total of $207.
I go to PayPal and now it tells me the charge to my account will be $231?
I had this happen to me the other day when ordering Han Solo. My cart showed a final price of $178 but I get to PayPal and it's charging me $196.
Anyone else experience this and know why?

Different exchange rate between PayPal and Popcultcha is the most likely culprit. Too bad they don't just leave everything in AUD prices and let you figure it out yourself or have the PayPal exchange somehow integrated in there so it matches.

I have had it be really close (within a couple dollars) to $10 higher to $18 higher with my most recent order.

Lol why order preorders at good prices then cancel? Might as well be patient and flip them.

I made out like a bandit during glitch-gate 2015. Still oupmed about that.

Now that I've ordered the quarter scale Hot Toys Iron Man Mk43 I have enough points with them for another $50. I'm just hoping at some point they will drop their AoU Black Widow and I can make double savings.. Mind you, another couple hundred of points and maybe I could go for 10% off the next quarter scale Iron Man.. (my mrs will kill me, lol)

I read that orders over $300 would mean I just have to deposit... that is false. You have to pay everything up front.

Flipping them is not going to make any money. Ebay and paypal fees will take the profit. So you're left with nothing gained at the end and having to go through the hassle of putting them up for sale, shipping, etc.

I read that orders over $300 would mean I just have to deposit... that is false. You have to pay everything false.

I think the person who posted that you could make a deposit specifically said you have to choose that option in the product page, before adding it to the cart (right below the price of the figure, and ETA). I just tried on my phone, and I do get that option:
d5ad4e1224f404f5e92b42fe4f181d3f.jpg

Sent from the bat cave

I asked that question I think. Someone responded that it wasn't the entire order that was over $300, it was individual items over $300, because mine combined to well over that, but individually, each of my items was under so I paid in full, but it's all good.

When you order more items, the shipping increases but it's not as much as the initial amount, so that's probably why those who placed bigger orders saved more than people who purchased 1 or 2 items only. That's my guess about that. I'm not complaining at all, taking a chance on some figures to get free shipping just to break even or getting them now with the huge discount and savings, I'd pick the sure thing. :wink1:

The $300 threshold is what's stated in the terms and conditions, and when I went to check out with some test orders, I couldn't get the deposit option to show up/work with any items. By the time the deposit option actually worked for me, the preorder glitch discount was over (maybe the two glitches were connected?).

After shipping and adjusting the exchange rates, the prices weren't quite as fantastic a deal as they initially looked; but they still beat preordering from Sideshow, even with a coupon. And from what I hear, they package shipments far better than Sideshow does too.

The $300 threshold is what's stated in the terms and conditions, and when I went to check out with some test orders, I couldn't get the deposit option to show up/work with any items. By the time the deposit option actually worked for me, the preorder glitch discount was over (maybe the two glitches were connected?).

After shipping and adjusting the exchange rates, the prices weren't quite as fantastic a deal as they initially looked; but they still beat preordering from Sideshow, even with a coupon. And from what I hear, they package shipments far better than Sideshow does too.

Yup, it was. The error was the deposit amount, which varies w/ price, and was what the % that was being taken off each figure. So since the Deposit link was glitching, they were not getting that amount. I do not know if they will honor the orders this go around or not. I asked for a PP invoice, and was told the above and that they would not honor it due to that.

Yup, it was. The error was the deposit amount, which varies w/ price, and was what the % that was being taken off each figure. So since the Deposit link was glitching, they were not getting that amount. I do not know if they will honor the orders this go around or not. I asked for a PP invoice, and was told the above and that they would not honor it due to that.

I had a feeling something like that was happening. I thought it was really weird that every pre-order item I tried had a 35% discount, which makes sense if it was the deposit percentage. With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled all the glitch orders. It's not like the Halloween sale where they actually advertised a discount (that also glitched in its own way).

Well if they end up not honoring them I wonder what happens? A straight refund or some type of store credit? Really hope not store credit as that would end up costing us all more in the long run anyways.. lol

Well if they end up not honoring them I wonder what happens? A straight refund or some type of store credit? Really hope not store credit as that would end up costing us all more in the long run anyways.. lol

Yeah, they might have to honor the paid in full ones, depending on how it was paid perhaps... Only time will tell what happens. and yup it was not like the Halloween glitch/sale, this was just a glitch.

I've never payed in full for a pre-order from Popcultcha. Deposit only. Mainly because I just don't like parting with that much cash months before delivery. Especially when Sideshow don't charge until shipping (although you typically pay a NRD), and the only time I've ever had to pay anything before shipping from Mighty Ape was a deposit on a Sideshow statue.

On another note...

tonto.jpg

I wonder if Tonto is to Hot Toys what Garfield is to Bill Murray... :lol (that is under $100US, lol)

Well I payed in full so fingers crossed. I would imagine that if we can make it a week or two without them canceling, then we are in the clear. And lol that tonto. Probably about as peg warmer as hot toys gets

Are you talking about the e-mail with your order number etc on it saying that it is processing? Or something else?

Back