POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they might have to honor the paid in full ones, depending on how it was paid perhaps... Only time will tell what happens. and yup it was not like the Halloween glitch/sale, this was just a glitch.

this is what I figured they would do on any not paid in full orders....since I was basically told the same thing days ago.

So after going back and forth with Popcultcha their representative Ben said they will not be honoring my order. He said after discussing it with his "Director of Business" :dunno they will not be able to honor my order because it went thru as a deposit only order and not a full payment order. Funny thing is I never once selected deposit only I selected to pay in full for my entire order and because I was having problems checking out with their paypal express option it automatically converted my order over to a deposit when it finally went thru....

Here was my order during the glitch and towards the top you can clearly see the paypal error message I kept getting during checkout.....

"PayPal gateway has rejected request. A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed (#10736: Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal Code)."

image1 (1).jpg

image2 (1).jpg

Here is my order when it finally went thru...so because of that they cant honor it.

image1 (2).jpg

So my question is, do you guys think its bad business for a company who I understand is taking a big loss for the orders that manage to go thru as full payments but to now raise the prices on those of us that put a "so called deposit down?" If they are not going to honor my order for the price these figures were during the glitch then why are they now making me pay RP and then some since they now adjusted their prices to re-coup some of their losses. :rotfl

Last edited:
You can't cancel then?

I can cancel if I want but I shouldn't have to. According to the email they sent out they are supposedly honoring everyone's orders that went thru. I guess mine's is an exception because it didnt go thru as a normal order. It went thru as a deposit because of their paypal express error that they have admitted to having constant problems with.

"Thanks for your order and payment here at Popcultcha. Very sorry for the delay in confirming your order, as you may have noticed there was an issue with the Hot Toy pre orders and this order actually received a very generous unauthorised discount. Now even though this issue was caused by a third party we will be going ahead and honouring this order and nothing will change for you. Your items are still on pre order and if you paid in full there is nothing more you need to do, your order will automatically ship out to you as soon as the stock hits our warehouse. You will receive an email notification on the day of dispatch and parcel tracking. If you have only paid a deposit, we will contact you when the items(s) are released to finalise the payment so we can get the item sent out. Due to the generous discount though we will be unable to add any pennies that would have been applied to this order, the discount given is very generous though and covers any loss of pennies."

Hypothetically lets take Nick Fury for example. During the glitch he was I believe $240 RP but when you added him to your cart he was only $160.26 USD. Since I was having problems checking out during the glitch with the paypal express option it automatically converted my order as a deposit when it finally went thru for only $63.62 which is their deposit amount. I contacted them right away after my order went thru and took pictures because the paypal error happen to me last year during their "Spook Glitch"

So now after the glitch has been fixed Nick Fury has been bumped up to $266 for full payment and $74 is you want to deposit only. What makes no sense to me is, that they wont honor my order at the discount glitch price of $160.26, but my order supposedly well not supposedly did go thru as a deposit only of $63.62 which reflects the $240 price now they want me to pay the $266 price. :rotfl

So you're mad they aren't selling you a hot toys for $62 ?

Dont we all wish they would honor the $63 price figures :pray:. If you re read what I wrote Im not that upset that their not honoring my $160.26, im more upset that my order went thru as a deposit so now because the company took a big loss their bumping the RP of Fury from $240 to $266. I didnt acknowledge the $260 RP I acknowledge the $240 RP.

I think they just updated their exchange rate though. USD prices went up across the board, I'm not sure about the AUD prices which everything is based on.

That's the problem with paying deposits there. It can swing in your favor or away from your favor (obviously I know you were trying to pay in full). I'm not sure the PayPal exchange would be any different though as everyone was reporting $30 or $40 extra when it went through PayPal during the recent glitch.

I think they just updated their exchange rate though. USD prices went up across the board, I'm not sure about the AUD prices which everything is based on.

Hey Tonton, that would make sense, but I shouldnt have to keep adjusting my deposit if I already put a deposit down on X amount. If Nick Fury was $240 before the glitch and since their stating my order went thru a normal deposit order then I should be paying $240 for Nick not $266.

Lets just say for example SSC has Nick Fury for $220, lets forget about shipping and I set up a payment plan for X amount. SSC wont go back and up the price on me knowing I acknowledge I was putting a deposit down on the $220 price tag.

Honestly, it's just confusing with the conversion. I know the deposit is $100 AUD.

I see the price as $359.99 AUD, then after taxes are removed it drops to $327.26, so it sounds like you would have $227.26 AUD as a balance plus shipping, so $251.26, which is about $190 US. Doesn't seem worth it given that you already spent that $70 US or so on the deposit.

The question is just whether he was in fact $359.99 AUD on the day of the order since that is how everything gets calculated.

I know someone had a similar issue some pages back where the balance of their order increased compared to what it originally appeared to be, I just assumed it had to do with their exchange rate updates.

Yeah Nick Fury was around $240 before the glitch because I thought about purchasing him earlier during the week with my pennies. The day of the glitch when I added him to my cart he had dropped from $240 to $160. When they fixed the glitch which I think was the next day they bumped him up to $266

But the US price is still irrelevant in a way, what gets sent to paypal is always the AUD price so what matters is whether that is consistent from pre-order to final payment, as PayPal does their own conversion based on the current rate at the time of each payment.

My guess is if you keep an eye on the price from now until ship date you'll see the US price continue to fluctuate but the AUD hold steady until it's either close to in stock, or in stock (and then I think they get rid of a small pre-order discount like some US stores do as well).

That store is too confusing for their own good. They need to just keep everything in AUD.

Are you gonna cancel the order?

I always checkout and go right through the Paypal pay screen to find out what the final converted price will be.. even on figures I don't end up buying. Just easier getting a clear idea of what I'll be charged that way.

So if the sale price is sent over to PayPal in the form of AUD to be converted, does it eliminate the additional Aus taxes when it's sent to PayPal or are they still in the cost of the purchase and could this be why we are seeing a difference in the final costs?

This is why I didn't pre-order anything the day of the glitch. If I'm gonna buy something overseas at these prices, in stock only for me. Not worth the potential headaches to save a few bucks. Plus mistakes happen and you can't always expect/demand a company honors a mistake. It's like people would rather see a company go out of business and people lose their jobs just so they can benefit from a mistake and get a good deal or two. The American way... Consumers are sometimes just as bad as the corporations... Greed is prevalent on both sides. :( .... Don't get me wrong, I'd be annoyed if this happened to me too. That's why better to just skip it and move on and wait for a legit deal.

Glitch prices were great for me. I paid in full and used some pennies to score Vision for $127 and Ant Man for $183.

Sad I missed out on the glitch this time. Got Whiplash at a great price in October. Hopefully i get another chance at something else.

Does this site just take PP or will it take credit cards as well?

Edit: and can anyone tell me if the shipping is decent to the sates?

Not sure about CC. You can obviously pay with CC through PayPal. Shipping for a single sixth scale figure is usually $17-$20 USD, that's "International Pack & Track." If it's too heavy I think it has to be EMS, which is more expensive.

Not sure about CC. You can obviously pay with CC through PayPal. Shipping for a single sixth scale figure is usually $17-$20 USD, that's "International Pack & Track." If it's too heavy I think it has to be EMS, which is more expensive.

thanks bud, appreciate it! :duff

Back