Pop Culture Shock's DC license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute...SSC has the rights to 1/7 scale statues too? Why? Has anyone heard that they will be putting out DC statues in Bowen scale? This is news to me.

Ready for Josh's Leaps in Logical Speculation?

Let's say you're Company "S" you have numerous licenses and your doing quite well but along comes a license you've been dying to get your hands on, a pure cash maker. You pour all your resources and your best talent into it and it's a hit. It's selling better than Hotcakes.(mmm hot cakes) Now it's a few years later and your contract is up for renewal. But you've noticed your nearest Competitor, Company "P", and a new region competitor, Company "X", are taking an interest in your cash making license with the scales your previous agreement doesn't cover. Now Company "P" doesn't really bother you that much but they do cover the same region you get a massive amount of direct sales in and Company "X" has already ticked you off by getting a liecense you have in their region and getting their items sold in your region through the aftermarket taking a bite in some of your sales.

Wouldn't you up the ante on your contract renewel and buy out most of the remaining scales at World Wide level making it near impossible for both Companies "P" and "X" to take a bite out of your #1 money makers sales? I would, without hesitation.

That's all for Josh's Leaps in Logical Speculation, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. ;)

Last edited:
Ready for Josh's Leaps in Logical Speculation?

Let's say you're Company "S" you have numerous licenses and your doing quite well but along comes a license you've been dying to get your hands on, a pure cash maker. You pour all your resources and your best talent into it and it's a hit. It's selling better than Hotcakes.(mmm hot cakes) Now it's a few years later and your contract is up for renewal. But you've noticed your nearest Competitor, Company "P", and a new region competitor, Company "X", are taking an interest in your cash making license with the scales your previous agreement doesn't cover. Now Company "P" doesn't really bother you that much but they do cover the same region you get a massive amount of direct sales in and Company "X" has already ticked you off by getting a liecense you have in their region and getting their items sold in your region through the aftermarket taking a bite in some of your sales.

Wouldn't you up the ante on your contract renewel and buy out most of the remaining scales at World Wide level making it near impossible for both Companies "P" and "X" to take a bite out of your #1 money makers sales? I would, without hesitation.

That's all for Josh's Leaps in Logical Speculation, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. ;)

That makes sense if you actually USE the scale you are paying for in a license agreement. Otherwise, your just tossing away money to keep a competitor at bay.

That would be the only thing that makes sense to me. However, If I remember correctly, dios are different from stand alone statues in that scale.

That makes sense if you actually USE the scale you are paying for in a license agreement. Otherwise, your just tossing away money to keep a competitor at bay.

That would be the only thing that makes sense to me. However, If I remember correctly, dios are different from stand alone statues in that scale.
True, but it keeps them at bay and if you find time/resources you could use them later on. But its all speculation anyway.

Well they are doing 1/6 scale figures
Yeah, they are definitely doing 1/6 figures but those aren't statues. SSC'S DC license must be much wider in scope than most of us thought. It's just strange that we haven't seen anything except 1/4 PFs and busts. I'm anxious to see what else SSC comes up with.

Yeah, they are definitely doing 1/6 figures but those aren't statues. SSC'S DC license must be much wider in scope than most of us thought. It's just strange that we haven't seen anything except 1/4 PFs and busts. I'm anxious to see what else SSC comes up with.

That may count as 1/6 to DC

Sideshow has the DC License to do multiple things & scales.
But Sideshow will never reveal publicly Exactly what they are allowed to make and not make.
It's also possible they don't have the right's to a 1/6 Statue Line too since that is DC Direct's main Statue Size .
Or they just don't wanna make 1/6 Statue's?
1/6 Statue's just don't seem to sell all that well anymore?
Everyone want's Bigger!
Now it's all about 1/4 and 1/2 scale and even Life Size with Sideshow.
So then PCS went to 1/3 scale.
Jerry said he can do Any DC Scale. It Just HAD to be a Wall Hanger as per the agreement with Sideshow.

It's not as small as it sounds.
I saw it at NYCC.
The Batman itself is just slightly smaller than an average Bowen Piece.
With the Base and the Cape fanned out. It actually looks like a decent size.

This is up for order in couple of hours, let us know if anyone has ordered this!
Lmfao didn't even realize. Just goes to show ya. Man I hope it didn't cost too much for that license. Hope Jerry didn't make a bad move here and end up losing money

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I think this will sell fine. It's unique, it's batman and it's relatively inexpensive compared to most statues. Mostly, it's batman.

Bad day for it though. My money is blown so though I wanted to get the EX, I doubt I will.

I think this will sell fine. It's unique, it's batman and it's relatively inexpensive compared to most statues. Mostly, it's batman.

Bad day for it though. My money is blown so though I wanted to get the EX, I doubt I will.
You make good points there. The low ES will help it and you never know. I personally would buy one or more if I had a son and mount them all over his room. How awesome.would that be. For now I'm childless and prefer regular statues lol

Don't think you'll need to worry man, itll be aroumd longer than we think but then again, it IS Batman so you just Never know

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back