Pop Culture Shock's DC license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PCS' DC license

And even if it were $588, are telling me you're ok paying $588 per PF no matter the size?? That's a bit much.

That's really subjective though, IMO most of SS PF's are boring poses with QC that is not consistent.... I'm willing to pay more for poses that are exciting to see and QC that seems to be second to none. That price also includes you having a fairly exclusive statue that not many other people will have thanks to its ES of 500. I know that doesn't matter for some people but it does for others. XM also throws in a lot of extras for that price...

I'm sure people who used to spend $300 on a PF few years back would say your crazy for spending $400 on a PF now a days

Anyways I'm glad more companies are getting the DC and Marvel licenses... more competition the better :)

it cost one of the members here a total of 651, shipping included to get it here, to his doorstep…i just paid more than that for apoc…if its a character I'm passionate about, and i can ensure that i will have perfect qc, and a GREAT looking piece, and one that hasn't been done inawhile/ever by SSC (wolverine, phoenix, mags)…i don't mind spending an extra $200 bucks compared to a $400 priced SSC piece because I know it'll come w a lower ES and better quality on top of it..so for me, its worth it…again the pics for mag and wolverine look GREAT, better than most pieces I've seen this year from SS, and I buy and will continue to buy SS, so theres no bias here.

My point isn't to down XM, my point is that PCS tends to keep their prices lower, even more so than Sideshow when compared to places like XM or Customs. So for PCS to be joining in with a major Market License like DC is HUGE for the Customer base because if they can offer lower prices on Pieces that a company like Sideshow produces it may cause a nice Price competition. And that is when Customers win.

That's really subjective though, IMO most of SS PF's are boring poses with QC that is not consistent.... I'm willing to pay more for poses that are exciting to see and QC that seems to be second to none. That price also includes you having a fairly exclusive statue that not many other people will have thanks to its ES of 500. I know that doesn't matter for some people but it does for others. XM also throws in a lot of extras for that price...

I'm sure people who used to spend $300 on a PF few years back would say your crazy for spending $400 on a PF now a days

Anyways I'm glad more companies are getting the DC and Marvel licenses... more competition the better :)

There's a large difference between the market Price rising, when every company starts charging more(If you look at the last few years every scale and every company have increased prices.) and Charging well above the norm depending upon size. So from $300 (SSC 2007) to $400 (SSC 2013 6 years later.) isn't a crazy leap. Hell look at the Batman Black and Whites. they started at $50 they're now $80. Bowen was at $150, they're now over $200.

What it takes to keep prices in Check is competition with price. I think PCS has a better chance at doing that especially given XM's price point.

PCS needs to fix a lot of their business model to handle this big of a license...and the ordering system needs to go

Agreed, they need a better ordering system, they probably need more artists and better scheduling from prototype to production. But getting something this big is where a business either thrives or sinks.

Agreed, they need a better ordering system, they probably need more artists and better scheduling from prototype to production. But getting something this big is where a business either thrives or sinks.

Let's hope it thrives. I really like PCS

I will say this tho…a PCS statue normally, if, when you finally get it, if you got your order in, does look damn good lol

That's what I'm hoping but I have a feeling it'll be 1/3

Do you think they can while SS have the 1/4 licence as well?

Do you really think it'd be 1/3? That would be crazy and cool. Bigger is better. Lol.

I just wonder if they're going to try and sell these with a high ES since it is DC after all. If they do it'll take 3+ years to produce one statue and the QC could possibly be an issue. PCS is already known for their long delays and a zillion preorders. Adding another license like DC is going to really test their mettle.

I hope it works out for Jerry and co. I'll never object to having more DC in my collection, lol.

Looking at the sketches, I don't think there's anyway these are bigger than 1:4. Probably smaller. A lot have huge, detailed bases attached to action poses with large/wide spread capes. If they did these in 1/3... They'd be expensive as ****!

PCS' DC license

Do you really think it'd be 1/3? That would be crazy and cool. Bigger is better. Lol.

I just wonder if they're going to try and sell these with a high ES since it is DC after all. If they do it'll take 3+ years to produce one statue and the QC could possibly be an issue. PCS is already known for their long delays and a zillion preorders. Adding another license like DC is going to really test their mettle.

I hope it works out for Jerry and co. I'll never object to having more DC in my collection, lol.

I honestly don't know, I'm only speculating. I'm just wondering because SS have the 1/4 licence I could imagine it being exclusive, kinda like the Comic Marvel licence.

Saying that PCS seem to have a good relationship with SS so maybe SS are ok with it as they do sell there products as well

But if I had to guess, I would guess 1/3 but I really want it to be 1/4 if I'm honest, so they'll mix in with my DC PF's

Last edited:

I hope these are 1/4 and knowing DC they do demand massive ES counts. Then with price hikes these might not be so different than SS. But on the good news we get more options to choose from. When there's too much options everyone loses out on customers and hopefully the prices will decrease for a PF in the future when demand goes down.

I'm liking their concept art so far. Looking forward to seeing the prototype :)

I can't see 1/3. That would be Huge plus shipping costs would be Insane!
Plus if you see all the shipping issues they've had in the past getting their inventory from China.
1/3 would just be a nightmare.
I think it will be 1/4 and made in the style of their Street Fighter line.
Either way, I'm Very Excited about this line and will Definitely be Buying!

I Really hope they start by doing some of the better known characters that Sideshow and DC Direct still haven't made yet and Not just start at the usual Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.
Make a Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardner, Darkseid, Green Arrow, Flash, Black Canary, Cyborg.
The choices are really limitless. So many Great characters to choose from that still haven't been made in 1/4 scale.

Back