Pop culture shock gets Robocop license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

These comparison pics clearly shows that the color of the statue is too silver, it should have more of a blue tint to it. So far every company has failed to do that, Hot Toys, EB and now PCS, even though their proto was painted the right color as it had a blue hue to it. Other than that it looks great and quite realistic looking as the armor looks like real metal and not plastic it does on EBs and Hot Toys.

Yeah it looks nice there alyd, TBF this one does have purple hues just like Hot Toys one, it's just that main color of the metal is plane silver, when it should be a blueish silver with purple hues.

The Fred Barton bust did it, depending on the light, the accents are there.

View attachment 296899

Even if the absence of light the color of metal is accurate as it has a blueish look to it and not totally bright silver.

Which is true of the actual costume;

Yes it is but people prefer to be in denial and say he only looked blue in Robcop 2 and having no or very little blue hues is more accurate to Robocop 1. That is dead wrong! Granted in Robocop 2 he looked totally blue, but in Robocop 1 he still had a noticeable blue tint. Weller even said the costume is a blueish/greenish color and that is how it looks on film to.

The more light you chuck at it, the more it reveals;

Whereas with PCS, Hot Toys and Enterbay, the more light they get, the more silver they become;

I didn't know that, wow so less light is the only way to retain the purple hues?

Last edited:
The suit in Robocop 1 was more silver.But the one in the second movie had a very strong blue/purple touch!
I prefer the look from the first movie.
Robocop 3 and the Remake exist not for me!:wink1:

Robocop 1:

27049673me.jpg

Robocop 2:

27049682oa.jpg

The suit in Robocop 1 was more silver.But the one in the second movie had a very strong blue/purple touch!
I prefer the look from the first movie.
Robocop 3 and the Remake exist not for me!:wink1:

Robocop 1:

27049673me.jpg

Robocop 2:

27049682oa.jpg

:lecture

Yes it was more silver than Robocop 2 but it wasn't totally silver like this statue there was a blue tint to it is and your screen shot proves that.

So does this one.

Last edited:
:lecture

Yes it was more silver than Robocop 2 but it wasn't totally silver like this statue there was a blue tint to it is and your screen shot proves that.

So does this one.

Yes your right.I never said complete silver...only "more" silver!The statue is also lots too matt..the Robocopsuits were glossy.:wink1:

Yeah, I think that's true as a general misconception, but it doesn't explain why on this PCS piece we had a "final paint sample" with the blue headband and the blue visible very clearly on the base too, but a production piece without it. And why this has also affected Enterbay and Hot Toys. They've all intended to have the correct look, but it's as if the factories are charging them double to put that other accent on it and they all find it prohibitive and settle for silver with a purple hint.

Only reason I can think of is maybe it is hard to produce those tones on a mass produced scale. :dunno

I think it's just how shiny they are, so that silver really kicks the light back. Whereas you can see on that Fred Barton video, if you light it really harshly there's actually like a glitter in that paint. It's just not that high silver base that's so common.

Oh I see.

Bear in mind he's looking at a monitor there, so there's a bit of a kick off the helmet from that. But yeah, mainly it's just showing very clearly the green base colour that we only see in the Fred Barton so far.

Yep.

Yes your right.I never said complete silver...only "more" silver!The statue is also lots too matt..the Robocopsuits were glossy.:wink1:

Oh ok gotcha and yes he should look more glossy.

14573048_1006560072786389_2515495425190771381_n.jpg

People that bought this, and are waiting for it to land in their hands, are in for a treat!! I had lost interest waiting so long up until I unboxed it, and pulled it out from the styro. This piece commands presence. The miniscule nitpicks does not take away from this statue one bit. Im pretty over the moon happy with it.

View attachment 298643

People that bought this, and are waiting for it to land in their hands, are in for a treat!! I had lost interest waiting so long up until I unboxed it, and pulled it out from the styro. This piece commands presence. The miniscule nitpicks does not take away from this statue one bit. Im pretty over the moon happy with it.

Looks great! Ex or reg? Are you using some special lighting on him to get those nice blue tones in the body?

Thanks guys! Its the ex. I have some led lighting off to the side in another besta, reflecting off of Robo. The shine on Robo's armor picks up all sorts of lighting very well.

I think a bit of clear gloss to the black visor would make this piece 10x better.

Thanks guys! Its the ex. I have some led lighting off to the side in another besta, reflecting off of Robo.

Which is why the armor looks like the right color in your pic.

The shine on Robo's armor picks up all sorts of lighting very well.

Yeah like the purple hues, looks similar to the way Hot Toys one does.

How is the likeness to Weller compared to EBs and Hot Toys?

Anyway congrats man it looks like a nice piece overall. :rock

Back