Statue Pop Culture Shock: An American Werewolf In London

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine showed up out of the blue today. A shipping notice would have been nice. Haven't opened him yet, but I like xipotec's pics.

Crushed pop corn....it's flat so it stays in place....actually they look like someone's molars....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better pics... Piece looks good.. Perhaps a touch up or two could be done.. But this looks good and If mine comes to me looking like this I will have no complaints... Eyes look really well painted.

heres a quick photoshop fixing the face/body

UkmVWr6.jpg

Sweet job, yup, thats my plan....although, I think deep purple would look better directly next to the eyes and I would go even more grey.....also pink gums......great quick mock up!

OK, time to go get ready for our Halloween bash!

This was a near disaster....but it really came out good. PCS should spend a bit more time on paint apps. Overall its a great piece and a huge hit with our early guests. With some paint touch ups and additions this will be the centerpiece of any collection.

Two nit picks: the paint around the bloody mouth should have been better and I wished the head seam wasn't so noticeable. Other than that I think it's a nice piece and one of the few EXs I'll probably switch out the heads. I like them both.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nice pics, thanks guys. The gums being shortened is one thing but doesn't look too bad in some angles. Ex head looks much better imo because it covers the weird darkening of the gums towards the front. I think my biggest problem with the mouth is the teeth, particularily the top front row between the fangs. There's too much space between each of them making them look weak and brittle. Unfortunately it would take too much work to build those up and repaint them. Better to extract them completely and replace with acrylic which I'm neither equipped or experienced to do myself. Other than that I think it looks fine and about what I expected. Some shots show more highlights in the fur texture than others leading me to believe this will look much better in hand as far as that detail. I should find out soon...

After seeing the video I'm still happy with the piece. Once I get everything nodded and painted I'll be happier.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How's this now?

EbZoXtD.jpg

Personally I like the original look better... I get what you a going for but I would not like it if the paint apps were similar.

OK, time to go get ready for our Halloween bash!

This was a near disaster....but it really came out good. PCS should spend a bit more time on paint apps. Overall its a great piece and a huge hit with our early guests. With some paint touch ups and additions this will be the centerpiece of any collection.

Looks great!! Thanks for taking the time.. Can;t wait to see your full review.

Two nit picks: the paint around the bloody mouth should have been better and I wished the head seam wasn't so noticeable. Other than that I think it's a nice piece and one of the few EXs I'll probably switch out the heads. I like them both.

View attachment 372951
View attachment 372952
View attachment 372953
View attachment 372954

Great pics. Piece is shaping up to be a overall winner in my opinion... If mine comes out looking as good both of the above owners then I will be ver happy..

Only major complaint is that head seam...

Hi guys....looks like I can score an EX version.....but what I want to know from those who own it, is it worth it? How bothersome is the neck seam and paint apps?

The neck seam is noticeable from certain angles, but it honestly looks much better under regular lighting and in person. It isa statue , so a seam is to be expected since the head is removable. Interesting way they did the head with magnets. I never knew this was done since this is my first statue.

The popcorn is in a very small baggie (see pic) it is taped to in inside of the Styrofoam insert where the base was.

The more I look at this guy one the shelf the more I like it...its got a great presence and motion to the sculpt. If your an AWIL fan I would say its a must get , simply because we just do not have alot of collectables available.

JAWS: I think your gonna be pleased.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the popcorn. Classic movie theater addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The neck seam is noticeable from certain angles, but it honestly looks much better under regular lighting and in person. It isa statue , so a seam is to be expected since the head is removable. Interesting way they did the head with magnets. I never knew this was done since this is my first statue.

The popcorn is in a very small baggie (see pic) it is taped to in inside of the Styrofoam insert where the base was.

The more I look at this guy one the shelf the more I like it...its got a great presence and motion to the sculpt. If your an AWIL fan I would say its a must get , simply because we just do not have alot of collectables available.

JAWS: I think your gonna be pleased.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks sir. I went ahead and ordered him. It is something that I figured I'd regret not getting later on. Can you measure it for me? I need to plan out space. I know he is 21.5" long, but IDK how tall or wide....

How accurate are the pics/video in terms of the gray in the face? I know that the quality may wash that out so I'm wondering how much I will need to fix.

Back