Statue Pop Culture Shock - 1:3 1982 Schwarzenegger Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’ll be great ......I’ve seen a letter opener around the same size, miniature replica of the Conan sword so may do something similar.
Appreciate your help

Ugh. Totally forgot about this. Here are some pics. It just looks like you could sculpt the scabbard, glue some faux rabbit fur to it and wrap it with leather cord. There is no pattern to the cord. It just spirals. It attaches to the belt by a strip of leather that is covered with fur. Just shoves in behind the belt and it really does not need to be fur covered.

342AC67E-3031-407F-8C1B-45631A39DD89.jpgC424BA8E-587B-48E7-880C-1739C845B470.jpg2DEE80C8-1209-4FFE-89DF-0373FB314938.jpgCAB293FB-8305-4B64-9281-FDF14C671A13.jpg108EB9A0-F6C4-40A1-B5EA-BC362CEDB78B.jpg

So today I was admiring my Crom set from up close, when I noticed, that the base of the warpaint version deformed. It used to sit on the four rubber feet on the bottom. Now a bulge formed on the bottom of the base so severe, that all four rubber feet are in the air and the statue is balancing on this bulge, wobbling around when touched. This sucks. Is it even worth it to try to contact PCS for a resolution or do I just have to live with it? Anybody else have this issue?

So today I was admiring my Crom set from up close, when I noticed, that the base of the warpaint version deformed. It used to sit on the four rubber feet on the bottom. Now a bulge formed on the bottom of the base so severe, that all four rubber feet are in the air and the statue is balancing on this bulge, wobbling around when touched. This sucks. Is it even worth it to try to contact PCS for a resolution or do I just have to live with it? Anybody else have this issue?

My clean version has same problem, I think bottom of the base is made of wood. I just added thicker pads

My clean version has same problem, I think bottom of the base is made of wood. I just added thicker pads

Why not put a pad or thick sheet of something under the middle of the base so it doesn't sag down?

So out of curiosity, I flipped mine over and sure enough there was a small bubble forming in the center. Just feel around where the word 'scale' is and you can feel a hole underneath the plastic covering. To fix it all you have to do is lance it with an exacto knife. When I did this you could hear air escaping and it smelled just like cheap resin. Press down to get rid of all gas. The slit made by the blade is so thin it is unnoticeable.

Mine is warped starting from the edges of the base, I hope no other problems appear...

Both my warpaint and regular bases were ****ed out of the box when I got them nearly a year ago. They literally spin off the bulge in the middle of the base.

yea, good luck with that...

So they haven't offered even a partial refund or anything given there is no replacements available?

Wow. I have the 1/3 Goro on order and am amazed that's how they've handled this. It puts me off going through with it.

You'd think at least a small voucher or something. You shouldn't have to be popping holes,pin size or otherwise, in the base of a statue of this cost. This is something you'd have to mention selling it on also if you were to be 100% honest with the buyer.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So they haven't offered even a partial refund or anything given there is no replacements available?

Wow. I have the 1/3 Goro on order and am amazed that's how they've handled this. It puts me off going through with it.

You'd think at least a small voucher or something. You shouldn't have to be popping holes,pin size or otherwise, in the base of a statue of this cost. This is something you'd have to mention selling it on also if you were to be 100% honest with the buyer.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nope, nothing. Not even the usual insulting $20 credit.
My situation is different, the base is sinking in. I cant sell it like this without describing it and discounting it a considerable amount, it is quite noticeable:
20190115_100619.jpg
20190115_100524.jpg

They weren't giving promised partial refunds when these things first came out. What makes you think they will now?

Back