Statue Pop Culture Shock - 1:3 1982 Schwarzenegger Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12592507_1735662726652900_2101964014048032686_n.jpg

If I wanted to get really nitpicky I think the fingers on his open hand are too long, and his hair is a touch too dark, but I really can't imagine anyone else doing a better overall job of this than has been shown here.

Today's body builders blow Arnold out of the water as far as muscular evolution is concerned, but his physique back in the day was just beautiful.

The head sculpt was a scan, no arguing its accuracy. But I really commend PCS on their reproduction of Arnold's physique in 1/3 scale. It's a beautiful sculpture. Arnold's biceps were his his standout body part, and they are faithfully portrayed here. Well done Jerry

Today's body builders blow Arnold out of the water as far as muscular evolution is concerned, but his physique back in the day was just beautiful.

The head sculpt was a scan, no arguing its accuracy. But I really commend PCS on their reproduction of Arnold's physique in 1/3 scale. It's a beautiful sculpture. Arnold's biceps were his his standout body part, and they are faithfully portrayed here. Well done Jerry

Today's bodybuilders look grotesque but that's a separate thread ;)

It has a nice smooth paint job but it doesn't look realistic. It has the same style paint job seen on the PCS He Man or Street fighter statues, in that it looks more like a cartoon character, rather than a real person.

Last edited:
Anyone else sort of disappointed with the base? I like the marble effect and it's quite convincing, but it doesn't quite fit with the color palette of the rest of the statue. If anything, it only makes the piece seem more plain. Perhaps the addition of a column, debris, or that vat of soup would help.

Anyone else sort of disappointed with the base? I like the marble effect and it's quite convincing, but it doesn't quite fit with the color palette of the rest of the statue. If anything, it only makes the piece seem more plain. Perhaps the addition of a column, debris, or that vat of soup would help.

It should be the beach.
They could have just done a simply sand base (similar to the Star Wars droids one) and it would have been much better.

It has a nice smooth paint job but it doesn't look realistic. It has the same style paint job seen on the PCS He Man or Street fighter statues, in that it looks more like a cartoon character, rather than a real person.

If this represents the final product then I'm good with it. How do PCS normally go in production?

Sideshow make amazing 1 off convention prototypes and then release something that looks nothing like it.

Back