Poll What Version of Palpatine do fans want first?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What version of Palpatine should Sideshow do first in 1/6 scale?

• ROTJ with Imperial Throne accesory set.

Votes: 50 67.6%
  • Episode 3 Palpatine (black robes).

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Episode 3 Palpatine (burgundy robes)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Senator palpatine from Episode 3

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
MaulFan said:
I truly hope a ROTJ Palpatine head has been sculpted already, and I say that because there is one sculptor I think above all that have touched Star Wars who could really get down to Ian's look, and that's Andy Bergholtz and since he's moved on to other things, I hope Palpatine was one of his last sculpts for Sideshow.

Dooley is great too. He does the Zombies and horror guys so Palpatine wouldn't be a problem for him. For an Ian/Chancellor/Maceduel Palps, I'd want Andy to do the likeness.

Buttmunch said:
Dooley is great too. He does the Zombies and horror guys so Palpatine wouldn't be a problem for him. For an Ian/Chancellor/Maceduel Palps, I'd want Andy to do the likeness.

Well I'm basing my opinion on who we've seen make heads in the SW 1/6 line, and Andy to me was the best, and Obi-Wan to me has been the best face sculpt in the line, there is emotion in his face, and Mace's and Anakin's, but without really making an emotionally posed face, and that's what Palpatine is about, emotion without a great deal of facial expression. Dooley did Jabba I think and he did great, but I don't know how he'd be at emotion in sculpt, maybe he'd get the wrinkle right but I think a Bergholtz Palpatine would be the most amazing villain piece in the entire SW 1/6 line.

Seeing how a ROTJ Palpatine is a certainty and a ROTS is also a no brainer, I've cast my vote for Senator Palpatine from Episode 1.

Even folks that rail against "Phantom Menace" have to agree that Ian's performance was a highlight everyone could agree on!!!

Oh well, whichever version I can get I'll be happy with!

My only demand is that he comes with "EXCLUSIVE LIVER SPOTS"!!!!

adambadadam said:
Seeing how a ROTJ Palpatine is a certainty and a ROTS is also a no brainer, I've cast my vote for Senator Palpatine from Episode 1.

Even folks that rail against "Phantom Menace" have to agree that Ian's performance was a highlight everyone could agree on!!!

Oh well, whichever version I can get I'll be happy with!

My only demand is that he comes with "EXCLUSIVE LIVER SPOTS"!!!!

I thought his performance was a highlight, but I wasn't a fan of his wardrobe until some of the outfits of AOTC, and then ROTS.

Well the only reason I mention it is... in a perfect world SS will do every version of every main character and any other secondary character every fan wants.

My beef has always been that Palpatine has never been fully realized. All Hasbro managed was a couple, one from ROTJ (electronic and not) and ROTS which are pretty much the same figure.

Oddly enough, Hasbro did decide to make a Valorum figure with a halfway decent (at the time) Terrance Stamp likeness.

I want a great ROTJ Palpatine because the reality it, unless they focus only on main characters, we may only see one Palpatine for years, with only 10 figures or so a year, there is a good number of figures and creatures yet to be made and that may be made before we see repeats.

Was the Hasbro one all that bad?

I mean, it's in no way what SS could produce sure, but we're talking about grandpa in a hoody!

That's why I said what I said in the poll.

If I were Sideshow, and I'm not so who really cares, I would take the chance of making risker figures first! Save the sure winners for later down the road like an investment.

I mean come on, who doesn't think a ROTJ Emperor or ROTS Sidous wouldn't sell like wild fire. It's the version everyone is sure they want. It's just that after you make them, where do you go? The likelyhood of a "less action-orientated figure" becomes slimer.

I don't think SS will be like Hasbro and we get revisions of every character ad nausem. Once Sideshow does a figure that may be the only time before they move on to someone else.

Luke Jedi is a great example! I can see maybe a Endor Luke but the likelyhood is small compared to Bespin, X-Wing, Tattoine versions.

Just thinking long term...

and the highest number of units to be sold!

Last edited:
I'm extremely happy to see that there are many freaks who would want Palpatine as much as those die-hard Palpy fans....

Ever since I saw the OT and the PT after that, I've been fascinated with his character.....As much as PT is the story of Anakin, it is also the story about Palpatine's rise to power and his patience and brilliant manipulations behind the scene...I have always wondered what was in his mind. There's so much mystery about how he became a Sith Lord despite coming from a peaceful planet like Naboo.....

I would dare to say that he's the single most important character in the whole saga.........who else caused so much chaos within the millions of star systems? who else wiped out almost all the Jedi with an imposing command? who else caused the downfall of Anakin - the posterboy of the Jedi order? who else almost brought Luke to the Dark Side? and who else was the force behind in bringing balance to the Force - after his uneventful death?

"Everything is proceeding as I've foreseen!":D

Back