Poll What Version of Palpatine do fans want first?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What version of Palpatine should Sideshow do first in 1/6 scale?

• ROTJ with Imperial Throne accesory set.

Votes: 50 67.6%
  • Episode 3 Palpatine (black robes).

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Episode 3 Palpatine (burgundy robes)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Senator palpatine from Episode 3

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
As much as I love the ROTJ Palps, and the throne is a must have, I am really looking forward to interchangeable parts with Sith palps.

MaulFan said:
This is a very skewed poll, it should cover every version of him that ever showed in the saga, would anyone think I was nuts if I did a full coverage poll?

The fact that eveery other version is either a senator or a hologram, i don't think they count.

I want this one:

darthboss1.jpg

Is it that time of the month again? Don't we have this same poll/thread monthly. I wish they'd just announce one already to end this.

Of course then it'd be "What version of Palps do you want NEXT?"

I voted RotS Mace duel Palps because:
-goes with Mace, Kit, and Anakin NOW
- Could have both Ian and Emperor heads, hands, etc.
- Cool outfit plus lightsaber and lightning :emperor
- could include sith robe thus having a RotJ look available at the same time
- Palpatine variants need to be spread out so make what can be used in a "full" diorama now (Anakin, Mace, Kit).

Although I have no problem with RotJ Palps being first. :D

Sorry to dissapoint (if opinions even have that ability) but I seriously DOUBT that Sideshow will ever release a PT Palps with black robes... (Senator Palpatine figure excluded). Just aint gonna happen. :emperor

pixletwin said:
Sorry to dissapoint (if opinions even have that ability) but I seriously DOUBT that Sideshow will ever release a PT Palps with black robes... (Senator Palpatine figure excluded). Just aint gonna happen. :emperor

I just think those robes Palps puts on after the Mace duel could end up as his inclusive accessory. I don't know what else his exclusive would be. They wouldn't have his brouch/clasp thingy so they could be considered different from his RotJ robes. I wouldn't think they'd make a PT version in the black robes by themselves though. Might as well make a RotS look the inclusive head accessory for the RotJ Palps.

DarthRamuk said:
I'm a Palpatine freak...so I will take all versions!:lol

Still......the ROTJ Palpy is my favourite!:emperor :emperor

Ditto that! This is the only character I'd buy multiple versions of!

Maybe there should be a POLL about which expression you'd like to see on Palpatine:

Evil Laugh Palpatine - mouth open, cackling, as he does in the Yoda fight.

Grim Face Palpatine - dour expression, like when Luke won't kill his father or when Palps is babbling about the "Jedi are relentless."

Creepy Gloating Palpatine - that expression he does when he says "And we shall have peace" or "...will be fully operational when your friends arrive."

It's such a brief appearance, but it'd be cool to have a ROTS Palpatine from the opening part of the film, just to see what SSC would do with that leathery, snake-like costume he wore with all the intricate detail on it, as far as figure's go that could be a pretty BA execution of figure making there, but overall, many know I've been quite vocal that we need a definitive ROTJ Palpatine, that's the BAMF of them all.

I'm with you MaulFan. I've been dying for this for a while. Here's my ULTIMATE Palpatine.

ROTJ version-
2 Alternate heads- "You will call me...Master" and the last grimacing face before Vader picks him up.

4 hands- 2 for gesturing and accessories, 2 with lightning.

Luke's hilt, cane, throne w/ removable top piece.

Customikey said:
I'm with you MaulFan. I've been dying for this for a while. Here's my ULTIMATE Palpatine.

ROTJ version-
2 Alternate heads- "You will call me...Master" and the last grimacing face before Vader picks him up.

4 hands- 2 for gesturing and accessories, 2 with lightning.

Luke's hilt, cane, throne w/ removable top piece.

I'm thinking super ultimate ROTJ Palpatine.

3 Heads
1) Emotionless Sinister Face "You will call me..Master"
2) Evil Smirk Face "... will be quite operational when your friends arrive"
3) Pure Evil Face - the vile face he makes just as he ignites his last round of lighting on Luke "Now young Skywalker...you will die"

8 Hands- 2 open hands like we get with Jedi now for resting on the throne, 2 gesturing hands so can point at Vader like when he addresses him about Luke the first time in his throne room, 2 with force lighting shooting outward, 2 with force lighting in the Vader tossing him over style

Cane is a necessity, we already have Luke's hilt. Throne setup would be like this:

Palpatine's chair, enough floor replica to stand Vader and Luke on Either side, full window behind the the throne with wall to the sides for support.

That sound great but Sideshow will not release it that way. if you had a company, you would want to get the most you can out of a license so I'm pretty sure the will make at least 2 versions: a ROTS version with exclusive burgundy robes and a ROTJ version with cane. The throne would be sold seperatelly as they did with Jabba's Throne and it should include the Death satr window and perhaps a few flights of stairs.
MaulFan said:
I'm thinking super ultimate ROTJ Palpatine.

3 Heads
1) Emotionless Sinister Face "You will call me..Master"
2) Evil Smirk Face "... will be quite operational when your friends arrive"
3) Pure Evil Face - the vile face he makes just as he ignites his last round of lighting on Luke "Now young Skywalker...you will die"

8 Hands- 2 open hands like we get with Jedi now for resting on the throne, 2 gesturing hands so can point at Vader like when he addresses him about Luke the first time in his throne room, 2 with force lighting shooting outward, 2 with force lighting in the Vader tossing him over style

Cane is a necessity, we already have Luke's hilt. Throne setup would be like this:

Palpatine's chair, enough floor replica to stand Vader and Luke on Either side, full window behind the the throne with wall to the sides for support.

I truly hope a ROTJ Palpatine head has been sculpted already, and I say that because there is one sculptor I think above all that have touched Star Wars who could really get down to Ian's look, and that's Andy Bergholtz and since he's moved on to other things, I hope Palpatine was one of his last sculpts for Sideshow.

Back