Poll: TPM Palpatine. Sith eyes or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I have Palpatines eyes repainted as Sith eyes?

• Total voters
The only trouble with making this custom, the hood needs a wire to shape in a concealing manner to feel like OT Sidious and not ROTS/ROTJ Emperor.

Adding a wire is soooo easy. Just run it through the seam. The hardest part of this custom for me was the lack of material in the hood gives little room to pull it off.

I'm thinking of adding some material to it.

Last edited:
Were and what type of wire do you use? I want to do this to a bunch of my robed figures.

Adding a wire is soooo easy. Just run it through the seam. The hardest part of this custom for me was the lack of material in the hood gives little room to pull it off.

I'm thinking of adding some material to it.

In the Palpatine image thread, a user posted images of a customized cloak. They took 2 cloaks, cut up one just to make a larger hood and sewed it to the full robe. I'm not good at that sort of thing, so I wouldn't try, but the result did look great.

I say yes, I think they come and go as evidenced by Anakin's eyes. Also the eyes are the window to the soul as the expression goes so when Palpatine is plotting it would make sense to me that his inner sith comes out a bit if he is not guarding against it. I don't personally think that him having Sith eyes on Coruscant would alert the Jedi to him. For one thing the Jedi believed the sith to have been dead for 1,000 years so something little like that wouldn't tip them off. Its not something they would be looking for and if there was a ripple in the force their reaction wouldn't be that obviously a sith is hanging around. Of course that argument is a little weak by the time AOTC comes around. But I think they didn't notice even then because they had grown complacent and were unable to recognize the growing threat. I think that's how the Jedi failed Anakin too, but I could be wrong with that one.

Also I think the meaning of the Phantom Menace is that the Sith were still around and beginning their return to power unbeknownst to the Jedi who were blind to what was going on under their noses.

Were and what type of wire do you use? I want to do this to a bunch of my robed figures.

My wife has this thin wire she uses for jewerly making or beading or something. You can also use soldering wire.

In the Palpatine image thread, a user posted images of a customized cloak. They took 2 cloaks, cut up one just to make a larger hood and sewed it to the full robe. I'm not good at that sort of thing, so I wouldn't try, but the result did look great.

That sounds like a great idea. I wonder if that person has some extra material.

That sounds like a great idea. I wonder if that person has some extra material.

I would guess, to keep the ribbed pattern somewhat in tact, they had to take the material from the bulk area of the rob, I'm sure what's left after is just scraps and not of much use to make a hood of any significant size. With a larger hood of the same material, you might not even need a wire because it hangs pretty well on it's own wait, the trouble with the hood that they made is it's so small and awkwardly sewn to the body that it ends up wanting to go in ever direction.

Ok. I have decided not too. Compelling arguments and Josh not responding to my PM have aided in the decision.

He will remain blue-eyed. :rock

Back