Poll: TPM Palpatine. Sith eyes or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I have Palpatines eyes repainted as Sith eyes?

• Total voters
sithpalp.jpg

The point behind the Emperor in TPM was he was a "phantom" and a "menace". He wasn't "lunatic destructor" yet. He wasn't raving mad or anything. I think without the eyes he represents being the behind the scenes manipulator that he was in TPM.

I always thought that Anakin was the real "phantom menace" in TPM (and no I am not talking about Jake Lloyd's performance :monkey2)

I say yes. He was plenty powerful at the time TPM happened and I don't think he tried to hide his Sithness when he was out of the public eye.
Plus is looks really cool.:rock

I say yes. He was plenty powerful at the time TPM happened and I don't think he tried to hide his Sithness when he was out of the public eye.
Plus is looks really cool.:rock

But when he's out of the public eye he also wears a leotard and ankle warmers, so there's a little more work to be done!

You know that scene where he and Maul are out walking around Coruscant? I just have a hard time picturing that beneath the hood he doesn't have Sith eyes as he is talking to Maul.

I'm voting no, but do what you feel's best. It also gives Josh more work... I'm sure he won't turn that down.

You know that scene where he and Maul are out walking around Coruscant? I just have a hard time picturing that beneath the hood he doesn't have Sith eyes as he is talking to Maul.

See to me, Sidious was disguising himself with all of his strength as Palpatine, eyes, Force abilities, all of it concealled so well the Jedi were unaware of him. To me, that would take great strength and being that Maul and Sidious conversed on Coruscant, although he's hooded and with a Sith, he's still in the heart of the Jedi order and it'd be too risky to let his guard down whatsoever. His release of his guard during the Mace duel was because he knew he'd have Anakin when it was all over and felt he would finally take the power he craved, and for a time he did until ROTJ.

See to me, Sidious was disguising himself with all of his strength as Palpatine, eyes, Force abilities, all of it concealled so well the Jedi were unaware of him. To me, that would take great strength and being that Maul and Sidious conversed on Coruscant, although he's hooded and with a Sith, he's still in the heart of the Jedi order and it'd be too risky to let his guard down whatsoever. His release of his guard during the Mace duel was because he knew he'd have Anakin when it was all over and felt he would finally take the power he craved, and for a time he did until ROTJ.

Thats a good point.... hmmmmmm.....

Thanks for the photoshopped pic.

Thats a good point.... hmmmmmm.....

Thanks for the photoshopped pic.

No problem. If you do paint his eyes, I'd suggest sending Josh the whole figure, hood and all so as he paints the eyes, he can gauge things with the hood on. Sidious is very pale, so the eyes are very strong with him under a hood, but the Palpatine figure has a healthy flesh tone that may drown out the Sith eyes under a hood depending on how bright or whatever you paint them.

I voted "No". If you ever decide to switch him back to the original outfit, you're stuck with his sith eyes.

He is an extra body I bought from Toy Anxiety. There is no switching him back unless I want to pose him naked, because that how I bought him.

He is an extra body I bought from Toy Anxiety. There is no switching him back unless I want to pose him naked, because that how I bought him.

Too bad his TPM and AOTC outfits are so hard to kitbash or custom. You could also maybe do the ROTS opera outfit.

No Sith eyes, if you didn't see it, it didn't happen:D

Too bad his TPM and AOTC outfits are so hard to kitbash or custom. You could also maybe do the ROTS opera outfit.

That's something I pondered with this set; what other outfits could Palpatine have. I'd love a ROTS Palpatine in his Opera costume or that leathery robe he had in the opening sequence aboard the Invisible Hand.

Like you said though, his costumes are so ornate, it'd take a lot of work to make one from scratch.

The only trouble with making this custom, the hood needs a wire to shape in a concealing manner to feel like OT Sidious and not ROTS/ROTJ Emperor.

Back