Poll: TPM Palpatine. Sith eyes or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I have Palpatines eyes repainted as Sith eyes?

• Total voters
Yeah they went back and forth. My personal theory is that they changed as he abandoned himself to the dark side and then when he calmed down they changed back. I also think that once a person goes completely to the dark side they stay that way permanently such as with Maul. On the other hand if you don't completely let yourself be immersed in the dark side then you don't have them like with Dooku. And I think Palpatine had them but was able to hide them or make them go away by his mastery of the dark side.

that's the accepted idea in the EU AFAIK. GO read SW Legacy. When cade draws on the dark sidee, his eyes burn the sith colors. when he calms down, they go away. Darth Kryat is drawing on it nonstop, and his eye is constantly in sith-mode.

Okay, I posted this in my custom thread, but I think it's appropriate to resurrect the thread where the question was first debated and give you the final answer.

This is Pixletwin's Chancellor Palpatine head repainted to look like an Episode I Darth Sidious. I was really glad Pix went with the Sith eyes, because it makes for a more interesting, and very striking custom.

SidiousEp1Hooded.jpg

SidiousEp1unhooded2.jpg

SidiousEp1unhooded1.jpg

SidiousEp1head.jpg

SidiousEp1backheaddetail.jpg

SidiousEp1unhooded1.jpg

Very impressive Mikey, and congrats Pix, he looks great. If my photoshopped image of Palps looked this cool, I'd have voted differently. I still think Sith eyes alone wouldn't work, but that touch of wear you've added to the eye sockets as well really makes the whole portrait sing better with the eyes.

Wow man, just like I said in your thread... AMAZING! Your best work EVER, simply stunning in every conceivable way. :bow

Never before have I felt so good about missing a PM as I do now. To think, if I had not been going through such hard times when this started... Mikey would not have had this spectacular milestone and Pix would have some other take on this look. :lol

And so I did my part... the balance is served. :lightsabe

Last edited:
This figure will probably be one of Pix's Grail in his rare collection of Star Wars custom figures.

I rate this repaint 10/10, perfect and Bad ass.

And it paid off not to go with the majority of the board here.

And it paid off not to go with the majority of the board here.

Well I think most people voted nay based on this image I did for Pix, which frankly, I don't think the figure would look good just with the eyes made to be Sith style.

sithpalp.jpg

Which is clearly a far cry from this masterpiece.

SidiousEp1unhooded2.jpg

Yeah, he looks tired in Mikey's custom like maybe he has let his guard slip and his sith eyes were revealed momentarily or something.

Yup. Sith Eyes were definitely the way to go. Thanks Mikey... The expression the paint lends to the sculpt now actually reminds me of the scene in ROTS when Palps says to Anakin that he can feel Anikan's anger.

I can't wait to get it :emperor

Awesome paint work, but I am still not crazy about the sith eyes on that figure since he never appeared with them in the movies. Just my opinion.

Awesome paint work, but I am still not crazy about the sith eyes on that figure since he never appeared with them in the movies. Just my opinion.

That's fair enough, Kit. As long as Pix likes the head, I'm happy. I really enjoyed painting him up, and was so pleased that I was chosen for this project, as Palps is my all-time favorite SW character.
For me, seeing him like this is something I feel should have happened in the films. Before Anakin, there's nothing to establish Sith eyes as a sign of dark side power, and this would have helped do that.

I voted no. We never saw him with sith eyes then so I'd leave them alone.

Party pooper. Party pooper. Every party needs a pooper thats why we invited you. :fest :fireworks :fest

:lol

Hey do you guys mind reposting the picture using the gallery feature? I can't see photobucket images at work. Thanks!

I am not pooping on the party :lol

Like I said the paint work is AWESOME. It looks fantastic. I just liked him w/o the sith eyes while playing that portion of the character.

VERY NICE. I was one who voted no thinking the only change would be the eye itself. I like the work around the eyes which sells the sith eye concept very well.

watermark.php

Looks great.

I voted no just because it wasn't seen on screen.(doesn't mean it never happened though. I'm sure the ability was always there)

Back