Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't really looked into this statue but is it just me or is the expression a lot less lively than the proto? The face looks completely different.

The factory, mass, produced statue doesn't look as good as the, one off, profesionally painted prototype?
No ****!

There's some bad examples out there but this is more than acceptable.

Lighting/angle has a lot to do with making the one on the left look worse than it really does. Sure it is not quite as good as the right one, but in the same light next to each other they would be pretty close. He even mentions how he thinks parts of the statue are sculpted different when that is not the case either, I don't think sideshow has ever done that. Plus they can vary slightly as different people paint them so one may look worse than another example.

I know what you mean about the sculpt, but as has been noted the prototype is usually the one that's professionally painted - I still love this piece, even if the finished sculpt is somewhat different to the web images.

IMG_2953.JPG

It should also be said that it does certainly look different depending on the lighting and indeed the angle in which you view the piece. My image (iPhone) has red hair, but in hand it's more orange like on the website. I also see a decent likeness from say a lower angle, looking up at the face.

Make no mistakes this one is a beaut.

Back