Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got 1152 this morning. Ready to kill the ups guy. Heard him coming down road , went out on porch he dropped the box in the truck coming out and slammed it on the porch. The guy was a bumbling ****ing idiot, as was told he was one.

I was ready to geta broken statue after that, but was worried about vines being broke after what was posted on sf last night. Her box was smooshed on corner and side. The gray foam was broke from squeezing her in there. But nothing broke. She was perfect until I noticed something. Big glob of paint when the painted her nostrils, looks like a giant booger. Pisses me off, not sure what to do, because her vines look great, compared to what others have posted. Risk getting a replacement with ****ty leg paint.

Post pics in a few.

Here is some quick photos from a phone.

Other than the booger, she is perfect. Not sure if I want to risk getting a crappy one in exchange. Anybody see that totaly destroyed Ivy someone received on SF today?

Great photos! Mine would have been here today but I had to run errands and take the kitten to the vet. My wife is off work tomorrow and offered to hang out at the old homestead to sign for it! Can't wait!!

I need your opinion guys and gals..I received Ivy today (my first statue ordered directly from Sideshow) and she is perfect EXCEPT for a paint bleed from her hair down to her neck. I contacted Sideshow and sent this photo. Do you think I should replace her? I'm afraid that I will not get one as nice back...what do you all think? Any advice from people that have had to send theirs back?
33797478.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got mine last night too. I would have preferred more mixed media, but she's pretty good looking.

And I like the red lips over green - they really set off her hair.

I need your opinion guys and gals..I received Ivy today (my first statue ordered directly from Sideshow) and she is perfect EXCEPT for a paint bleed from her hair down to her neck. I contacted Sideshow and sent this photo. Do you think I should replace her? I'm afraid that I will not get one as nice back...what do you all think? Any advice from people that have had to send theirs back?
33797478.jpg
[/URL]

Depends on how (A) retentive you are. I could not stand it. That is unacceptable to me and would rather have nothing than that. IMO. Not meant to offend.:peace

33797478.jpg
[/URL]

I say leave it. I don't see how that would even look like anything, but more hair unless you looked at it specifically from the angle you posted the picture.

33797478.jpg
[/URL]

This goes back to what Monger said earlier, that if you're unhappy the best way to let SideShow know is to complain; get some money back even.

Yes, mistakes happen. But for an entire run of a statue to have this many paint errors is unreasonable. Higher prices and a higher edition sizes doesn't add up as far as customers should be concerned. So, if SideShow wants to increase their prices it has to be worth it, and sloppy paint like this shouldn't have to be dealt with.

Keep her, but complain and get some money back. There is no "evil corporate entity" here. It's just that if SideShow wants to rush out 1500+ pieces they can't use the same timeline and work output that they used for their 700+ runs. And they need to know that their fans won't accept any less than the quality they've been given before with the smaller run statues, so think of complaining as a lesson for SideShow to learn from.

/rant

Depends on how (A) retentive you are. I could not stand it. That is unacceptable to me and would rather have nothing than that. IMO. Not meant to offend.:peace

I do plan on keeping her for a very long time...but may sell her way down the road! I just worry about getting a lesser quality one as a replacement.

This goes back to what Monger said earlier, that if you're unhappy the best way to let SideShow know is to complain; get some money back even.

Yes, mistakes happen. But for an entire run of a statue to have this many paint errors is unreasonable. Higher prices and a higher edition sizes doesn't add up as far as customers should be concerned. So, if SideShow wants to increase their prices it has to be worth it, and sloppy paint like this shouldn't have to be dealt with.

Keep her, but complain and get some money back. There is no "evil corporate entity" here. It's just that if SideShow wants to rush out 1500+ pieces they can't use the same timeline and work output that they used for their 700+ runs. And they need to know that their fans won't accept any less than the quality they've been given before with the smaller run statues, so think of complaining as a lesson for SideShow to learn from.

/rant

Dont forget all the delays and they still cant get it right :slap (Batman you need to be perfect)

I still can't put that damn ex piece in.:thud: Why can't it be magnets?:mad:

:monkey4

....and not that way lol...

On another note, the art box is absolutely stunning.

I think you guys somewhat underestimate the amount of effort that goes into painting two thousand of these...

I do plan on keeping her for a very long time...but may sell her way down the road! I just worry about getting a lesser quality one as a replacement.

Oh I understand man.... I have been lucky with all the statues I have gotten but all of mine have been clothed PFs so that makes it a bit easier to tolerate as less mistakes occur with unsculpted pieces. In the end its all the roll of the dice and if you plan on selling her you may have trouble with this spot..... or you may not.

33797478.jpg
[/URL]

You're mad if you don't return that. That's unacceptable. Same goes for the guy with the booger nose. If you let them get away with this, then it will continue. QC with these guys should be top notch considering the prices they are asking.

Back