Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How soon after it went up did you guys order?

Has it ever been established that they ship in order in which the orders were first received?

Got my ship notice very late Thursday night- don't remember exactly when I placed the original order though. Probably within the first 12 hours of it going live.
There is no relation between order time and shipping time. It's not done by region either. Alphabetical maybe?

Thanks for posting this. It was clear to this observer that he wasn't trying to give offense or make a back-handed, passive aggressive cut.
I'm sure he's not the only one on these boards whose made socially awkward comments in the last few days.

I find it even more amusing that this is all in regards to yet another female sculpt by SS that is clearly pandering to a very cliched (imo) male adolescent vision of the female form. I'm trying to recall one female figure produced by SS in the last three years that didn't display over inflated stripper boobs...and I'm coming up kinda short. Maybe the Sue Storm...which was roundly criticized for looking too man-ish and not having a sexy enough rear.

In light of what SS is consistently pandering to with it's female figures, I'm kind of surprised too that it attracts as many female collectors as it does.
Haha I was gonna say something like that. For all the things that a woman could be offended by on this thread, him being surprised that a girl is on here is what people harp on about.

How soon after it went up did you guys order?

Has it ever been established that they ship in order in which the orders were first received?

Got my ship notice very late Thursday night- don't remember exactly when I placed the original order though. Probably within the first 12 hours of it going live.

for me the day it went up, I just learned to not to forget to breath when it comes to SSC arrival times :lol:lol:lol

Yea for regular buyers its awesome getting 3 plants, If i knew before hand the regular comes with three I might have passed on the ex as the regular would have atleast come with one of the bigger heads and could have bought a regular locally and saved myself well over $100 on shipping and duty, still false advertising on ss part which they should do something about!

who are you kidding, if the only thing that made it exclusive was the little sticker on the box you would still get it because its exclusive and it makes you feel better having something others don't :nana:

:lol

So... if the Ex isn't as desirable as first thought the flippers will not make the huge profit they expected from collectors? :yess: :rotfl

please, if people are willing to pay a ton extra for EXs that have nothing but prints, the other man eating flower will still be a draw on the secondary market. As I said above, people will always pay extra for an Ex, even if its just the sticker on the box.

Unfortunately that doesn't help. Number one, it only hides his posts, but as soon as someone else quotes him, they show right back up in front of me, and people quote him all the time. Number two, his stupid shi* dominates every thread I regularly go to (save one room which I won't name, because I want it free of him), so I have to read all about it anyway.

I used to feel the same way about Spidey :rotfl

honestly the first part of CBG's post simply showed surprise to be talking to a female collector and lets face it, this hobby, especially regarding the sexier statues, is majority male, so his surprise can be understandable. The second part about her inbox being full wasn't an insult to her at all, but to you guys instead. He insinuated that the guys who frequent the boards probably don't spend a lot of time with women, outside their mommys of course :lol

The second part about her inbox being full wasn't an insult to her at all, but to you guys instead. He insinuated that the guys who frequent the boards probably don't spend a lot of time with women, outside their mommys of course :lol

:lol yeah, I caught that too.

Oft times, the fool is the wisest one in the room.

Can someone explain to me where CBG insulted me or any other woman? I don't see it. From what I read of his post, he seemed enthusiastic that there are female collectors. I think the joke was more on the male collectors. Some members on here are way too critical and ready to jump on people. Come on, we are all friends here. We all share an excitement for this hobby.

Can someone explain to me where CBG insulted me or any other woman? I don't see it. From what I read of his post, he seemed enthusiastic that there are female collectors. I think the joke was more on the male collectors. Some members on here are way too critical and ready to jump on people. Come on, we are all friends here. We all share an excitement for this hobby.

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

Great post:exactly:

Man it's been a long day, I didn't go to sleep until 5AM so I can get the review up for the people who were waiting for it and for some new photos of Ivy. It hasn't even been a full day since the review went up and with over 1500 hits so far, it's certainly garnering some interesting reactions on both this forum and other statue forums.

I certainly understand the emotional attachment that some people have to this piece even as they await their own statues to ship, but as a reviewer my goal is to present any piece I review in the most fair manner possible. This means that there will be times where some highly anticipated statues will exhibit problems that need to be brought to the attention of the readers no matter how insignificant the problem might be perceived by some, because to others it could be a deal breaker.

The issue with the sloppy paint job on the vines is real, the other gentleman on the statueforum.com who received his statue (built2shred) acknowledges it's sloppy on his statue as well but he is also fine with it and that is certainly the case for many of you out there. To others, myself included, it's an issue that I feel is becoming a recurring theme that needs to brought to light and addressed as my Ayala Secura Premium Format exhibits the same issues on the head sculpt.

Whatever your stance on the issue I brought up, I think we can all agree that Sideshow can do better. If enough people make noise about production issues rather than accepting the status quo then I believe that Sideshow will have no choice but to start applying higher QA standards to their products.

I still love my Ivy piece, I am disappointed with the paint job on the vines, I will most likely end up having to find some matching paint to fix the issue myself since to me it is a big enough issue that warrants a fix. I hope that everyone who ordered this piece receives their soon so they too can appreciate the craftsmanship that has gone into this piece, and I hope the review was helpful to some of you who were sitting on the fence waiting to see how this piece would turn out.

Regards,

Zaid

Last edited:
That's your opinion.

I've already ignored him and I'm starting to think that with the attention this is getting that isn't enough.

Starting to feel that we are all just feeding the ... Ah never mind... Honestly this is TWO threads were all we are doing is going on and on about him... We need to cut it out.

This statue looks beautiful... Ex complaints and painting complaints aside... She looks awesome... As for the vines I am sure that if it is really bothering people they could probably do some touch ups... Now I know you shouldn't have to, but for such a beautiful statue , I would say she is worth the effort.

If anything was going to offend the woman here I would think it would be something like custo's signature and not something CBG said. :)

I'm curious if the folks who ordered the EX will also find an additional little nugget of surprise...

Back