Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this statue needs to be displayed high up on the shelf, lower shelves don't look good.
I had her at ground level but changed her to eye level today. She does look a lot better. From above, her face can't be seen and her breasts become an even stronger focal point :rotfl

You jerks who get a paint drop or a small mark and think about smashing your statues should suck one. This rubish is what replacement pieces are for... Ha

You jerks who get a paint drop or a small mark and think about smashing your statues should suck one. This rubish is what replacement pieces are for... Ha

Well most collectors is not having simple paint issues that are getting turn down. I would be fine with paint issues. But not chips, and broken parts. That to me needs a replacement. Just my opinion on good cs.

I kinda agree with him some people will send a statue back or break it just about do anything for the smallest flaw. Thats why SS changed it. They got big and said f this. They dont want to keep taking hits on the bottom line profit.

At these price tags, do what you think is fair.

Right it's amazing what people are willing to accept, I found it very amusing when some members here said what do you expect for $400? Perfection? As if these prices are a bargain. You have to remember in the begining there was Bowen and a piece would set you back about $110-$120 and it was very good quality at the time, then they started increasing their prices to passed $200, then SSC came in with their larger scale and mixed media and blew everybody out of the water(specially Bowen being the top company) at relatively the same price you were getting 3-4 levels up of product, doom pf was $250 and $275 for the Ex(feel free to jump in and correct me on the price, but I'm not that far off) yes the quality of the work has come way up compared to the old pieces so It does warrant the price increases in my eyes but QC has left alot to be desired, in conclusion, with the great prototype pics and all the marketing people get hyped up about a certain piece and begin to expect a life changing experience(for lack of better words) at the opening of the box and find at many occasions significant flaws that warrant a replacement, now the last part is where it gets blurry, according to how hyped up they are is how high the expectations are and how perfect they wanted, this is different for everyone but just because one is willing to accept some flaws doest mean that other should too, their money, their decision.

Right it's amazing what people are willing to accept, I found it very amusing when some members here said what do you expect for $400? Perfection? As if these prices are a bargain. You have to remember in the begining there was Bowen and a piece would set you back about $110-$120 and it was very good quality at the time, then they started increasing their prices to passed $200, then SSC came in with their larger scale and mixed media and blew everybody out of the water(specially Bowen being the top company) at relatively the same price you were getting 3-4 levels up of product, doom pf was $250 and $275 for the Ex(feel free to jump in and correct me on the price, but I'm not that far off) yes the quality of the work has come way up compared to the old pieces so It does warrant the price increases in my eyes but QC has left alot to be desired, in conclusion, with the great prototype pics and all the marketing people get hyped up about a certain piece and begin to expect a life changing experience(for lack of better words) at the opening of the box and find at many occasions significant flaws that warrant a replacement, now the last part is where it gets blurry, according to how hyped up they are is how high the expectations are and how perfect they wanted, this is different for everyone but just because one is willing to accept some flaws doest mean that other should too, their money, their decision.

Yes that all might be true but the long and short of it is this, they offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Thats all they really need to stick to. Them offering replacements and partial refunds is just to keep customers happy. So when some peiple kind of abuse the replacements side show allows it can nake people shake their heads. Especially when certain people ask for replacement shipper which everyone knows aren't there to be collected and are just to make sure the art box doest take as much damage in shipping. If you don't like it, get your money back.

I kinda agree with him some people will send a statue back or break it just about do anything for the smallest flaw. Thats why SS changed it. They got big and said f this. They dont want to keep taking hits on the bottom line profit.

I'm sorry my opinion still says SS change thier replacement policy is due to budget cuts. They are cutting down on cost. This happened to collectors first so then they rage about it..that's when the breaking talk start after SS decided to not give replacements. How about the broken vines collectors had? They all got denied a replacement. That's no brown shipper. How about the chips, and base issues? Those are all real issues in my opinion. Then why has the super fast response times now take forever? Lol first I got a copy and paste response about no replacement head that I never asked for then I got another response with someone else's name? I think they copied the wrong email again. Then again the factories has been great, then poor, etc. I guess depends what SS decides to choose on certain characters. Don't forget about hollowing out the statues without mentioning anything about it. I still really don't mind about anything that goes on. But the one thing I can't stand is not having a replacement part for real chips, or broken parts. The brown shipper has been written in thier rules already. So that is not a good excuse as to why they change the replacement policy. That's my opinion for the newbies.
But to everyone who's always getting flawless statues. Congrats and happy collecting. It just was not my case with these. Again my own opinion and thoughts. Ivy done by mark, he is one of my favorite sculpters ever. Shame that I had to pass on this piece. But I learn my own lesson in trying to accept this new policy and make it out. In the end I had to draw the line somewhere and not try to get caught up and forcing myself to keep getting broken statues with no replacements made to cover real cracked broken parts. I was offered to keep it damage most of the times now with even no partial refunds or return but no replacements. This does not work for me as a collector of statues that is now close to 400.00 to 500.00 for a normal PF.

Last edited:
Back