Please Standardise to 1:4 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 1:5 new hulk will cost $450-$550 probably.
Ae you guys saying you'd gladly pay $700-$800 for a true 1:4 scale hulk without 200 pages of whining posts?

Ae you guys saying you'd gladly pay $700-$800 for a true 1:4 scale hulk without 200 pages of whining posts?

Sure will, people pay $800 for a Boba Fett bust and $1250 for Ex Darth Vader bust. I'll rather have a full size hulk than a bust. Heck I'll pay 1k for a hulk comiquette if it's good :)

Doubt it will cost that much though other 1:4 PFs cost 200+, you're saying that Hulk is going to be worth 3-4 times that much when he's not 3-4times bigger.

The Hulk PF was 1:4 scale and it didn't cost anywhere near that. Even it's resale value combined with it's low ES right now which is way higher than it's starting price is only $700-800.

Exaggerate much?

Last edited:
Haven't been around long huh?
Andy himslf said his hulk wasn't true 1:4 scale. They reduced the size for affordability. Hence the term "true 1:4 scale" being used.

Keep in mind the rising price of their products also.
SS's first PF was $150.

Haven't been around long huh?
Andy himslf said his hulk wasn't true 1:4 scale. They reduced the size for affordability. Hence the term "true 1:4 scale" being used.

Keep in mind the rising price of their products also.
SS's first PF was $150.

It's like 24" and if that's not 1:4 it's pretty much close enough and will fit in with the rest of the PFs and 1:4 comiquettes.

They already have many 1:4 in comiquette line they need to standardise or the new 1:5s will not go together well with them.

Lastly, you did not address the point about other products being that price (Fett and Vader bust) and the fact that people still buy them, and I'm sure it will be the same for the Hulk. If a 1:5 hulk comes out that is smaller than the 1:4 PFs and comiquettes, it will be a sad day. Mystique comiquette close to 1:4 scale towering over the 1:5 Hulk, ugh!

I'm happy for the comiquette to be the same size as Andy's Hulk PF which still convincingly holds it own over other 1:4 scales easily.

I'm not suggesting they shouldn't make him 1:4 scale. I agree they should produce a true 1:4 scale modern hulk too.
I'm just saying if they did, half the people asking for one would start belly aching over the price it would be even tho ss gave them exactly what they asked for n

I'm not suggesting they shouldn't make him 1:4 scale. I agree they should produce a true 1:4 scale modern hulk too.
I'm just saying if they did, half the people asking for one would start belly aching over the price it would be even tho ss gave them exactly what they asked for n

Good then we agree, they should make 1:4 scale hulk :) From that basis then all comiquettes should standardise to 1:4 scale unless you want the comiquette line to be all over the place.

Griping is part of human nature, people griped about the price point of Vader and Fett but still enough will get him and even some of their $1-2k+ pieces are doing well.

I can understand the request to standardize th scale.
But I don't care if they change it or not. :D

:lol .. you still goin?
I do think they should make on. A LARGE one.
One that dwarfs the Thor PF .... :monkey1

No way a new 1/4th Hulk would cost $700+. More like $400-$450 and, yes, I would pay that much for a modern Hulk 1/4th to complete my Avengers setup.

1/4 is too big. The PFs can remain 1/4, but the comiquettes should be no more than 1/5. Heck, I'd even like to see 1/6. These simply take up too much room. I think that realistic detail can be achieved in 1/6 scale. I think the detail is all that is important. If you want it bigger, just get closer to it, or get a magnifying glass. With them smaller, they can be cheaper, and let there be more room for more characters.

i absolutely agree. i have the room, there's just no advantage in detail going bigger than 1/5 scale because the detail isn't being put in anyways. my finest detailed piece is still the ringwraith on steed. it's the perfect size with the perfect detail to match, a true piece of art.

:lol .. you still goin?
I do think they should make on. A LARGE one.
One that dwarfs the Thor PF .... :monkey1

Just stating your inconsitencies, you said you don't care if they standardise scale yet you want them to produce a 1:4 hulk not a 1:5 one.

No way a new 1/4th Hulk would cost $700+. More like $400-$450 and, yes, I would pay that much for a modern Hulk 1/4th to complete my Avengers setup.

Yeah he totally blew up the price there, the Abomination PF was $499.99 which was available til recently and stands 23" tall when bent over as listed on SSC site. Doubt a Hulk would reach very far above that price.

He's just exaggerating.:gun

i absolutely agree. i have the room, there's just no advantage in detail going bigger than 1/5 scale because the detail isn't being put in anyways. my finest detailed piece is still the ringwraith on steed. it's the perfect size with the perfect detail to match, a true piece of art.

Why do you say the comiquettes should remain at 1/5 when Punisher coming out is 1/4 scale, Olivetti's Venom/Carnage/Spidey trio is 1/4 scale, Mystique, Elektra, BIB/Iron Spidey is close to 1:4.

Where are these pieces you think are going to go with the 1/5 scale?

Not being able to put more detail in a larger piece also does not make sense to me, but that's not the issue here, it's standardisation of the comiquettes/PFs scalewise so we can display them together.

I guess your true scale Hulk is different than the one I envision.
my true scale Hulk wold easily cost that.
(I guess youre the one who wants a 1/5th scale size hulk. :lol

hulk74.jpg

xd5myp.jpg

I guess your true scale Hulk is different than the one I envision.
my true scale Hulk wold easily cost that.
(I guess youre the one who wants a 1/5th scale size hulk. :lol

The hulk grows in size when he's angry. The lower limit in Marvel Universe is 7' which is almost the same height as the abomination at 6' 8". Thus, his cost won't be much higher and will still be 1:4 scale. If he's bent over in a dynamic pose he'll be evern shorter. A 22-24" should do it.

Hulk
7-8 feet from MU.

7 feet = 84 inches
1:4scale: Height = 84/4 = 22"

8 feet = 96 inches
1:4 scale: Height = 96/4 = 24"

So anyways back to what you said, if you would like to see 1:4 scale Hulk then all the 1:5 will look uneven with the rest of the 1:4s.

For another scale relation sample refer to the spidey vs hulk dio.

I think they should develope a consistant 1:5 scale with he comiquette line and 1:4 with pf line. And release characters in both formats and scales.

I never have once said they should not make a 1:5 hulk.
They should make both. More hulks the better.

For another scale relation sample refer to the spidey vs hulk dio.

I think they should develope a consistant 1:5 scale with he comiquette line and 1:4 with pf line. And release characters in both formats and scales.

I never have once said they should not make a 1:5 hulk.
They should make both. More hulks the better.

They already have many 1:4 in their comiquette line. If anything they should conform to 1:4 comiquettes to go with the existing ones.

I don't collect statues, but the first poster makes a very good point.

His argument is carefully prepared and he clearly put a lot of time and thought into it. I hope Sideshow replies.

My question is: do they ever reply to requests/questions like this?

They should, I just wonder if they ever do.

Back