Please Standardise to 1:4 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats one thing i admire about Bowen designs, Randy Bowen regularly interacts with collectors taking questions and criticisms, i wish a representative from Sideshow would do the same on here.

My question is: do they ever reply to requests/questions like this?
They should, I just wonder if they ever do.
They have representative/VIPs read this board and that sometimes will reply, but not as much as they did in the past and definitely not on the 'difficult' questions.

Thats one thing I admire about Bowen designs, Randy Bowen regularly interacts with collectors taking questions and criticisms, i wish a representative from Sideshow would do the same on here.
I will give credit to Randy for being far more interactive with his fans. He regularly requests feedback and interacts on the statuemarvels board.

To be fair, Randy also puts out alot less product than Sideshow and HoldyourfireAl runs the Statuemarvels board like a dictator.

Don't get me wrong, Dave is also overprotective of VIPs here, but he lets alot of stuff slide that wouldn't fly over there.

One thing I'd like to point out...again...just because there's not always a response, doesn't mean that opinions and such are not read by someone (or usually, multiple someones) over here at Sideshow. In the past, it's true - we were able to interact a lot more on the board... and there were only about 1,000 users here at the time, so that was do-able. Now, with nearly 8,000 (wow, I can't even believe that!! Congrats to Dave and the other mods! :)), and with more and more product coming out and in development, there's just not as much time as there used to be. But don't think that means no one cares! There are multiple things at play in EVERY area that you guys view as an issue; be it scale, color, costume, pose, likeness, and on and on and on.... licensers, artists, production facilities and much more can affect each and every one of those areas in different and varying facets. It's a complex dance!

Personally, I do not know the answer to the scale inquiries. If I had to take a guess, I'd guess a combination of licensing and artistic interpretation is at play. But again, that's just a guess! Rest assured that it is all passed along, and if you've submitted questions to the official 'Ask Sideshow' form at our website, chances are very high that one day your question WILL be addressed... it just may take some time as they deal with everything else on their plates simultaneously :duff (That's why any questions that need IMMEDIATE answers, or are time-sensitive in any way, should be addressed to Customer Service)

Last edited:
One thing I'd like to point out...again...just because there's not always a response, doesn't mean that opinions and such are not read by someone (or usually, multiple someones) over here at Sideshow. In the past, it's true - we were able to interact a lot more on the board... and there were only about 1,000 users here at the time, so that was do-able. Now, with nearly 8,000 (wow, I can't even believe that!! Congrats to Dave and the other mods! :)), and with more and more product coming out and in development, there's just not as much time as there used to be. But don't think that means no one cares! There are multiple things at play in EVERY area that you guys view as an issue; be it scale, color, costume, pose, likeness, and on and on and on.... licensers, artists, production facilities and much more can affect each and every one of those areas in different and varying facets. It's a complex dance!

Personally, I do not know the answer to the scale inquiries. If I had to take a guess, I'd guess a combination of licensing and artistic interpretation is at play. But again, that's just a guess! Rest assured that it is all passed along, and if you've submitted questions to the official 'Ask Sideshow' form at our website, chances are very high that one day your question WILL be addressed... it just may take some time as they deal with everything else on their plates simultaneously :duff (That's why any questions that need IMMEDIATE answers, or are time-sensitive in any way, should be addressed to Customer Service)

Thanks for the chime in dusty glad to hear you guys are taking such an interest in the forums and thanks for passing it along. I really hope they standardise the scale so we can display our pieces well together. It's rare that a company cares and reads the views of it's customer especially in this day and age. :)

Cap PF = measures 18.5 inches, heel to top of head. Marvel says Cap is 74 inches tall. Cap = 1/4 scale
Punisher = 16.5 inches heel to top of head. Marvel says Punny is 73 inches tall. Pun = 1/4.5 scale

Punny is about 2 inches too short for 1/4 scale. He's also 2 inches too tall for 1/5th scale.

Sideshow...get your sh** together with the scale.

1. Make the new Hulk 1/4th or I will be very, very disappointed
  2. Get uniform with scale: I would say this is one of the top three gripes people have with Sideshow and it IS a real issue...
  3. Brown costume Wolverine for the win!

Seriously Sideshow, scale is a major issue. Who wants to display a 1/5th Hulk with Captain America and Thor who are 1/4th?

Nexus from another board:
I really cannot stand the whole 1:5 vs. 1:4 scale. If everything was in 1:4 scale, whether comiquette or PF that would make mixing and matching displays so much easier.
That said, Looks like I'll have both a Brown and Yellow Wolverine
While I'd prefer to see a 1:4 FF PF, I'd settle for comiquettes, but hopefully those will be 1:4 scale.
Magneto would be a fantastic PF
I may end up cancelling the X-Force dio, because not crazy about the smaller scale. I'll just focus on buying the versus.
For IM2, I'd like a 1:4 light up Iron Man change-o head (don't care which version armor), 1:4 light up War Machine (change-o-head), and a 1:1 War Machine bust. Black Widow could also be cool, but prefer to see a comic version done as a PF.

This is a very nice conversion well done!
You guys who think comiquettes are the shizzle have a point simply because some characters are suited to being comiquettes by their very design.
But until Sideshow get their ____ together with some consistent size - and by that I mean 1/4 scale - in the comiquette line the PF line will be my choice simply because SIZE MATTERS.
Comiquettes are 25% smaller than PF's as a rule, although the consistency of scale in comiquettes is all over the place too. The comiquette line should be used to represent characters not suited to the PF line and compliment each other.
At the moment this is not the case and I am passing on statues I like (Punisher, Mystique) because they are too short to fit in my Marvel collection.
I read somewhere Sideshow do not consider scale between PF and Comiquettes an issue, it is for me, and I'm not buying and don't want statues that have several inches in height difference.

Damn we need more people to chime in. Please Sideshow, standardize to 1/4 scale for comiquettes! I just don't like inconsistency in scales. Displaying my Mystique comiquette with other female comiquettes doesn't look right. If the Punisher comiquette was true 1/4 scale, that would be the only Punisher in my collection, but sadly it's not the case. I would pay top dollar for a true 1/4 scale Hulk comiquette.

at the risk of being lynched - I will admit that I only collect the PF star wars and this thread has my support as well. If SW went in all different scales I would be extremely disappointed.

Sideshow, listen to the fans - uniformity is a big thing for most (if not all) of us.

Hallo, I am new to boards and will like very much for everything to go well. I buy Punisher but people say looks funny next to my permium format. Why? I am sad. Sorry for English. Here is picture.

I have question, is more coming for premium format size or keep being different?

Thank you very much.

puncapredsm.jpg

Growing list of 1:4 (or close) scale comiquettes:

1. Carnage Comiquette
2. Venom Comiquette
3. Spiderman Comiquette
4. Ironman Comiquette
5. Stealth Ironman Comiquette
6. Punisher Comiquette
7. Elektra Comiquette
8. Mystique Comiquette
9. Ironman Maquette
10. Back in Black Spiderman Comiquette
11. Iron Spiderman Comiquette
12. Man-Thing

Any future 1:5 offerings will not go well next to these or any Premium Formats.

Other figures that 1:5 comiquettes won't go with are the premium formats from other genres like Star Wars, LOTR, SOTAs Street Fighter line etc.

Last edited:
WOW! Punisher looks really short!
He's definitely not 1/4 scale.
I'm all for a standard 1/4 scale. It would make for a more uniform display.

btw...I think Punisher and Elektra are 1/5th.

I also agree...1/4 is the norm. It's like mixing sideshow and medicom figures...It just does not work when there is a slight difference in scale. 1/4 should be the dominant scale from here on out...

Back