Please Check your Alien Queen Diorama.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, they'll just shut the doors like Palisades did and we won't have anything.

It's hilarious to hear so many people rag on Sideshow FOR 1 GUY'S MESSED UP STATUE.

It happens, that's the way it is.

And you aren't really be trying to compare statues with little metal cars are you?

Seriously?

The work needed to create either of these is so vastly different that you don't even have a valid point.

Yes, I am serious...
Here's one example of what im referring to:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61629&highlight=reventon

SS isnt the only company out their that specializes in high end collectibles. The point I was trying to make was that I have "little metal cars" that command prices higher than SS's 1:1 life size figures. You can bet for that kind of money they leave the factory "flawless". Because thats what your buying "quality" not just a little toy car OR toy statues. SS has a responsibility to deliver what they promote....or else why would people buy their stuff. Lately however, it seems SS has a track record of consistent paint issues through many different lines. Just because this is 1 incident reported on the forms does not mean its "isolated". For every 1 with this issue their are possibly 30 others with the same issue...not everyone reports to SSF with their troubles. So if you ask me, I think people have the right to be concerned. These toy's arent considered "cheap". It's very distressing to me and im sure others who are now wondering if their prized possessions will fall apart over time due to shotty QC. That takes the fun right out of collecting...doesnt it. Not to mention the money invested that you will lose, SS isnt going to redund EVERYONE. Thats where I ask....is it worth the trouble to continue buying from SS? They remain in the dark about the issue with no answers or reassurance to the collectors/customers. Its not right...

Chris

Yes, I am serious...
Here's one example of what im referring to:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61629&highlight=reventon

SS isnt the only company out their that specializes in high end collectibles. The point I was trying to make was that I have "little metal cars" that command prices higher than SS's 1:1 life size figures. You can bet for that kind of money they leave the factory "flawless". Because thats what your buying "quality" not just a little toy car OR toy statues. SS has a responsibility to deliver what they promote....or else why would people buy their stuff. Lately however, it seems SS has a track record of consistent paint issues through many different lines. Just because this is 1 incident reported on the forms does not mean its "isolated". For every 1 with this issue their are possibly 30 others with the same issue...not everyone reports to SSF with their troubles. So if you ask me, I think people have the right to be concerned. These toy's arent considered "cheap". It's very distressing to me and im sure others who are now wondering if their prized possessions will fall apart over time due to shotty QC. That takes the fun right out of collecting...doesnt it. Not to mention the money invested that you will lose, SS isnt going to redund EVERYONE. Thats where I ask....is it worth the trouble to continue buying from SS? They remain in the dark about the issue with no answers or reassurance to the collectors/customers. Its not right...

Chris

Perfectly said, and my thoughts exactly.

Well, my Queen Dio seemed perfect at first, but after close inspection, I realized that there were several cracks (of paint) on the posterior region of the head or crest or whatever it's called. It isn't instantly noticeable, but it is extremely distressing since I have paid more than twice the regular retail price to get it... :(

Last edited:
This is precisely the reason why i sold my collection and took an exit on this hobby, i was sick of paying top dollar to only get crap that has bad paint applications and poor assembly leading to breaks..

I'm sure Sideshow would increase quality if collectors were willing to pay more.

aside from Chrome Colossus, i've never heard of any "paint flaking" problems from Bowen Designs.

Bowen isn't as Godly as you guys think.
They had about 5 statue runs that had constant problems. They were all from the same factory. RB addressed it saying those where the only ones and the factory was fired. Then I get my Modern IM in and all of the same problems. Surprise! RB states they are from that same factory. The great Randy Bowen lies? :horror
Fact is, this kind of stuff happens to every collectibles company and they will ALL do their best to straighten it out with avoiding a widespread panic. Which means not telling the whole story and/or telling lies.

Prices that SideShow sets for their products you see as.....low?!?! :google

It depends on the product. For example, it's not rational to expect Sideshow to make a Hot Toys quality figure for $100 retail. Rapid deterioration on the other hand, is unacceptable regardless of product or price.

I get what you mean, but still....prices they have right now are HIGH, quality control they have right now is LOW....

At least they have great customer support....but if they improve the quality, they wouldn't need such a great customer support! :lol

I'm sure Sideshow would increase quality if collectors were willing to pay more.

:rotfl you are joking of course??? have you seen how much sideshow charge for their items. And also take into account those of us outside the US have to pay huge shipping costs, custom charges and 15% vat!!! the 1:2 T-800 endo bust (twin rifles) for example costs around £1250 here... thats roughly $2050, the 1:1 T-600 works out to about $1050..... these prices are disgusting really! id prefer they dropped edition numbers and sold more items at lower prices, how many of us here buy an item because its limited? i certainly don't, i buy these things because i like the item in question... it's that simple.

And when you consider how these things look when you recieve them.... lousy paint jobs and my favourite example as a pred fan primarily... predator masks with no or paper lenses etc etc, sideshow are digging their own grave. It is unfortunate but until they change their ways they will slowly lose more and more customers. The other problem is customer relations.... sideshow seem unwilling to accept or aknowledge any problems on the forums etc which doesnt do any favours. they should have a reprisentative on the big forums addressing these kind of threads just to get an official word in.

:rotfl you are joking of course??? have you seen how much sideshow charge for their items. And also take into account those of us outside the US have to pay huge shipping costs, custom charges and 15% vat!!! the 1:2 T-800 endo bust (twin rifles) for example costs around £1250 here... thats roughly $2050, the 1:1 T-600 works out to about $1050..... these prices are disgusting really! id prefer they dropped edition numbers and sold more items at lower prices, how many of us here buy an item because its limited? i certainly don't, i buy these things because i like the item in question... it's that simple.

And when you consider how these things look when you recieve them.... lousy paint jobs and my favourite example as a pred fan primarily... predator masks with no or paper lenses etc etc, sideshow are digging their own grave. It is unfortunate but until they change their ways they will slowly lose more and more customers. The other problem is customer relations.... sideshow seem unwilling to accept or aknowledge any problems on the forums etc which doesnt do any favours. they should have a reprisentative on the big forums addressing these kind of threads just to get an official word in.

Do you think Sideshow comes up with retail prices out of thin air? Detail costs money. More detail costs more money. You are paying for a certain level of detail, not perfection. If you think the price is too high, you can always choose not to buy. That's one reason many collectibles will never be produced.

Do you think Sideshow comes up with retail prices out of thin air?

Frankly... yes! do you really think the alien warrior maquette which is essentially the dio on a slightly larger scale is worth $800? if so you have more money than sence. And i have chosen not to buy it, or rather ss made that choice for me. Lets put this into perspective, once UK price has translated you could buy a car with the kind of money we are talking about.... not an Aston by any means but none the less. I think alot of people have lost perspective of value when it comes to sideshow pieces, the little people like me are being pushed out of the hobby i love :( supply and demand is what it comes down to, and that is fair enough, why would sideshow lower their prices when they have all us muggs queing up to buy them?

Here we go again. Not more than a week after having to send my 1:1 Angel of Death bust back for a refund, I'm in trouble again.
Today I spent a good hour looking over all my recent Sideshow items, only to find a similar paint issue on my Alien Queen Diorama. The affected area on the back spine features extremely dry paint, that cracked and rubbed right off when I touched it. As of right now, the damage is nowhere near as bad as that of the AOD bust, but is still upsetting and totally unacceptible for a four hundred dollar statue.

Guess I'll have to decide what to do with this statue as well. I suppose repainting the section isn't out of the quetion, but how will I know if more areas will follow suite with this same problem or not.

I hate to say it, but I am very displeased with Sideshow's products at this point.

102_2865.jpg

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

If you choose to repaint it give it a gloss coat as well,that should stop any other affected areas.suck that you pay that much for shotty work,Id be upset also

This is precisely the reason why i sold my collection and took an exit on this hobby, i was sick of paying top dollar to only get crap that has bad paint applications and poor assembly leading to breaks..

thats a shame,but more for the rest of us :joy

Back