Please Check your Alien Queen Diorama.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to collect SS 1/6 figures and being honest with no exaggeration, 75% of them had some degree of lazy eyes, and some even worse than that han. If there was a way to see how many returns a person went through via their sideshow account, i would be happy to show you all.

Guess I've been more fortunate then. The only figure I've ever had to return was Cobra Commander and that wasn't paint, it was a tailoring issue with the centerpiece of the shirt sewn on crooked.

Holly hell.....this thing to now???
SS this is pathetic how can you charge what you do for your products and still keep a straight face. Its like every day I come to this forum someone is finding paint issues with their collectibles. I have an alien warrior maquette on PO from you guys....after seeing this I am REALLY considering canceling all my orders with SS. I just dont know what other product lines will be effected with these same problems. It honestly isnt worth the trouble or the money to deal with it. You charge hunderds of dollars for these pieces, yet have trouble with the simplest aspects of quality control like simple paint application:confused:
Maybe I'll just stick to collecting diecast cars, I've never had paint issues with those in 15 years of collecting. I think its time everyone sends a big message to SS and just stops buying their stuff. They'll listen when they have to pull out a loan from the bank to keep the lights on.

Chris

No, they'll just shut the doors like Palisades did and we won't have anything.

It's hilarious to hear so many people rag on Sideshow FOR 1 GUY'S MESSED UP STATUE.

It happens, that's the way it is.

And you aren't really be trying to compare statues with little metal cars are you?

Seriously?

The work needed to create either of these is so vastly different that you don't even have a valid point.

But it's not just one guy's messed up statue. This is just the latest in an ever growing chain of problems, unhappy customers, and defective items from this company.

It's gotten well to and past the point of which Sideshow is being ragged on.

Last edited:

It's hilarious to hear so many people rag on Sideshow FOR 1 GUY'S MESSED UP STATUE.

And you aren't really be trying to compare statues with little metal cars are you?

Seriously?

The work needed to create either of these is so vastly different that you don't even have a valid point.

I think this:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2134908#post2134908

is why people are getting more worked up.

Seriously?

Yes, read the other threads on the subject matter. It's not an isolated incident and appears to very much becoming a trend.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60803&page=17

I don't mean to stir the pot but this is outrageous for how much these dios cost. Especially the Queen Alien. Come on SS, come through for us with an answer, this is real bad.

Seriously?

Little metal cars? Bit of blanket statement there.

Diecast and model kit cars come in different scales and the higher end models cost just as much as sideshow statues even more. Also the amount of paintwork, component integration and detailing apps on the higher end models is just as complex if not more so. I think your thinking of small toy cars kids play with. He's not referring to that i would imagine he's referring to high end display models.

Last edited:
His little metal cars sometimes cost the same or 5x what sideshow pieces cost.

Seriously?

We have every right to complain. We are spending our hard earned money.

If it was a $15 figure, i'd let it slide, but we're talking about $500+ statues and busts. This is not acceptable.

I've never had a problem with my FS Bowens.

Not really.

20j5mr8.jpg

:horror

1z662x0.jpg

Bummer to see a paint issue... but does seem like its hopefully an isolated incident. Honestly, if it were mine I'd probably just save yourself the trouble and touch it up yourself. Its a pretty minor area of paint damage and could be completely hidden... and that prevents getting a statue with a worse issue :lol

We have every right to complain. We are spending our hard earned money.

If it was a $15 figure, i'd let it slide, but we're talking about $500+ statues and busts. This is not acceptable.

I've never had a problem with my FS Bowens.

Let's be fair: Bowen has had MANY problems.

The only difference is that when there is a problem, Randy Bowen gets on the internet and says hes aware of the situation and switching factories immediately.

The only difference is that when there is a problem, Randy Bowen gets on the internet and says hes aware of the situation and switching factories immediately.

aside from Chrome Colossus, i've never heard of any "paint flaking" problems from Bowen Designs.

aside from Chrome Colossus, i've never heard of any "paint flaking" problems from Bowen Designs.

Even if you haven't had any problems, this has been a tough year for them with these kinda of issues, and it has been a widely discussed thing on the internet.

Fortunately, they've been handling it in a way that inspires customer confidence.

Mine has paint app issues too, but I think it gives mine character.
I love my Queen.

Hey can do that now but I bet when he gets more corporate...which is bound to happen you won't be getting that anymore.

Back