Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sony has announced the entertainment apps available on the PS4's November 15 launch date: Amazon Instant Video, Crackle, Crunchyroll, EPIX, Hulu Plus, NBA Game Time, Netflix, NHL Center Live, Redbox Instant, VUDU and YuppTV.

Soon.....

ku-xlarge.jpg

Street Fighter teaser?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIxFeq_OvkE[/ame]

Packed with references to Capcom's famous fighting game franchise and tagged with the #4ThePlayers hashtag, this viral video from Sony seems to indicate something Street Fighter is happening on the PlayStation 4, but what?

VG24/7 looks to have been the first to post the "Hadouken Cabs" viral this morning, sent to them in an email from Sony. It's got a Ryu cosplayer posing, a fake phone number that's actually the release date of the original Street Fighter game in Japanese arcades, and a flash of the PS4 controller for good measure.

Visitors to the HadoukenCabs.com website, registered to Sony marketing agency 180 Amsterdam, are treated to a delightfully old-school web surfing experience, complete with recorded audio referencing popular Street Fighter characters in the "Talk To An Operator" popup.

Obviously PlayStation 4, obviously Street Fighter, but what is it? A PlayStation 4 port of the upcoming Ultra Street Fighter IV? A downloadable compilation of previous games in the series? Crazy Taxi meets Street Fighter (I wish)?

With just a week until the PlayStation 4 hits stores in North America, the company has revealed a trio of surprises for PlayStation 4 buyers when they receive their units on launch day. As part of a special promotion, Sony will include $10 credit for its PlayStation Store, which can be used to against games, music or movies, a free 30-day membership to PlayStation Plus and a 30-day trial for its Music Unlimited streaming service. Sony appears to be onboarding gamers in the hope they'll enjoy its multiplayer gaming and media services enough to stump up the cash for a full subscription. The company says the offer is available for a limited period, and that its music offer will only apply to new users.

With just a week until the PlayStation 4 hits stores in North America, the company has revealed a trio of surprises for PlayStation 4 buyers when they receive their units on launch day. As part of a special promotion, Sony will include $10 credit for its PlayStation Store, which can be used to against games, music or movies, a free 30-day membership to PlayStation Plus and a 30-day trial for its Music Unlimited streaming service. Sony appears to be onboarding gamers in the hope they'll enjoy its multiplayer gaming and media services enough to stump up the cash for a full subscription. The company says the offer is available for a limited period, and that its music offer will only apply to new users.

This is all new to me.

What is the Music Unlimited streaming service? Does that mean you can save the music you stream to the PS4's harddrive?

I think I have issues and need some help. I'm giving serious thought to going to a midnight launch to pick up a console I just cancelled. :slap :cuckoo: :panic: :lol

I think I have issues and need some help. I'm giving serious thought to going to a midnight launch to pick up a console I just cancelled. :slap :cuckoo: :panic: :lol

Hmm..you might be right. Unless you have a friend who's getting one? Or you really like midnight launches? I like them too, but TBH, I've never been to one where I wasn't getting the thing that was launching.

I cancelled mine but reordered. It's guaranteed before Christmas, I just don't know if I should get both straight away?

Hope they do that over here

I might hop around to the stores around here, Walmart, Future Shop Friday morning and just see what's up.
Apparently they are supposed to have maybe 20 minimum per store of stock, not preordered.
Just walk in and buy one. We'll see what happens.

I want to hold off for a while, but my damn temptation might just make me get one for the hell of it. Even tho, I'll enjoy most of the launch of game, whether Need for Speed, or a basketball game, or knack or whatever, there is nothing that is must have right now.

Back