Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had to cancel my PS4 launch pre-order. Had to take my pup to the emergency vet Sunday after she got in a scrap with a possum. Between that, the PS4, a trip to see my parents and Christmas.....something had to go and sadly the PS4 was it. :(

It's ok, there'll be plenty of time for a PS4. Hope your pup feels better. I just brought my boy to the vet today for x-rays. He's having a problem with his back legs and I don't expect any good news.

It's ok, there'll be plenty of time for a PS4. Hope your pup feels better. I just brought my boy to the vet today for x-rays. He's having a problem with his back legs and I don't expect any good news.

Sorry to hear about your boy. :1-1: I hope everything turns out ok and it's nothing serious. My girl is still pretty young (3 1/2) but with her GI problems (which thankfully have subsided over the last several months), sprained foot and now this...I am realizing how expensive a pet can be. But she's worth every penny.

Sorry to hear about your boy. :1-1: I hope everything turns out ok and it's nothing serious. My girl is still pretty young (3 1/2) but with her GI problems (which thankfully have subsided over the last several months), sprained foot and now this...I am realizing how expensive a pet can be. But she's worth every penny.

Mine cracked and split a nail all the way down to the nail bed just by jumping up onto my bed. Cost over $300 for surgery to remove the nail and for medicine. Nearly the price of the PS4 for a damn nail out of the blue, glad it happened this summer instead of now.

I just had to cancel my PS4 launch pre-order. Had to take my pup to the emergency vet Sunday after she got in a scrap with a possum. Between that, the PS4, a trip to see my parents and Christmas.....something had to go and sadly the PS4 was it. :(

Take care of family business first.

The PS4 isn't going anywhere.

I hope there's nothing serious with your puppy.

Cancelled my preorder as well.
Nothing really worth owning on launch anyway.

I'll probably wait till the new year, when something actually significant is on it's way to release.

Looks like a hack and slash to me. Not my thing. Same with God of War on PS. Boring to me.

Yeah, the gameplay part is pretty hack and slash but you can tell right away that it has some very deep mechanics for blocking and attacking, counterattacking etc etc, something you'd see on a Batman game but a little more complex, which makes it interesting for me, not just pushing buttons willy nilly, and the story and characters seems very interesting.

That's the only XBO game I envy though.

Sony and Spike TV are teaming up for the PS4 All Access: Greatness Awaits launch event, which will air on Spike TV, DirecTV and stream online November 14 at 11pm ET.

The PS4 launch celebration takes place in New York, where Sony promises "exclusive world premieres and announcements about the PS4 games that will define 2014 and beyond." We expect we'll see the launch lineup, but also Driveclub, Infamous: Second Son, Watch Dogs and perhaps some unannounced games.

8 days. Can't wait.

damn, 8 days!! I sadly cannot afford to get a ps4 on launch, but have given my friends (that will be) fair warning that they will have me round their house pretty much for the next month :)

I'll eventually pick up a ps4 in the new year, or when MGS V is due to arrive.

Can't wait to see the launch event hopefully lots of cool new stuff!

Looks like a hack and slash to me. Not my thing. Same with God of War on PS. Boring to me.

Journalists are all ****ting on this game, they say its no fun and all QTEs. Which is ashamed cause its the best looking of all the launch title imo. Gorgeous

I would say so but what's the best way I'm
not sure( i haven't sold anything on ebay yet) in contemplating selling mine just for the extra cash then buying it next year.

The downside is that you have to buy it first, so if you have the cash go for it

Journalists are all ****ting on this game, they say its no fun and all QTEs. Which is ashamed cause its the best looking of all the launch title imo. Gorgeous

Not anymore they aren't The game has been updated and polished since E3. I played it a few weeks back. If I was getting an Xbone I'd be getting it.

Actually I just watched a video on IGN where the guy playing rather enjoyed Ryse. :dunno All I know is that isn't my type of game. Graphically it looks amazing.

Not anymore they aren't The game has been updated and polished since E3. I played it a few weeks back. If I was getting an Xbone I'd be getting it.

Not sure why we are talking about Ryse in the PS4 thread but...

From Game Informer website yesterday:

Ryse: Son Of Rome Is As Fun As Dialing Phone Numbers

I've never wanted to leave a demo as badly as the one for this tedious, uninspired Xbox One launch title.

If you’ve ever watched Lost, you’re familiar with the character of Desmond Hume. The former monk was stranded on the series’ mysterious island, and was tasked with repeatedly pressing the same series of buttons on a keyboard for weeks at a time. Why he had to do that is still pretty confusing to me (as is the rest of the series), but I was reminded of Desmond’s task for the duration of my time with the demo for Ryse: Son of Rome. I spent two hours with the Xbox One title, but it felt like I was entering random numbers into a computer rather than actually playing a video game.

It’s clear what Microsoft and developer Crytek are shooting for here. At launch, they want a big budget, epic action game that clearly demonstrates next-gen visuals. Ryse is undeniably pretty, but that’s about all it had going for it in this demo. After a painfully generic story intro, the game began teaching me similarly uninspired combat mechanics. While it tries to sound like an in-depth action game with familiar elements like perfectly-timed blocks and focus meters, the actual experience is anything but deep.

I’m hoping that later levels introduce some more difficult enemies, as the dozens of encounters I had consisted of all the complexity of dialing phone numbers. Almost every fight started with me hitting the attack button a couple of times, then pushing the enemy in an effort to stop him from breaking my combo. Then, I’d continue attacking until he was weak enough for the execution sequence. Once this occurs, the game slows down and the enemy flashes various colors. You press the face button of the appropriate color, and your protagonist Marius dismembers or murders the foe in dramatic fashion.

It’s so basic and predictable, I began testing to see if I could get past most combat situations with one hand. With my left hand completely off the controller, I was able to slice and dice through tons of enemies simply by inputting the same sequence ad nauseum. On a couple of occasions, the game would shift to sequences that involved me defending an area with crossbow stations or ordering my men to block arrows with their shields. These were somehow even less exciting than the tedious swordplay.

When I sat down at the Ryse: Son of Rome station, I was a fairly blank slate when it came to knowledge of the title. I knew it was developed by the talented team at Crytek, and I knew it was gorgeous based on the videos I had seen at conventions, so I was prepared to be impressed. What I didn’t expect was a desire to get up and leave the demo about ten minutes in. I stuck it out in hopes that it would prove itself a deeper experience over time, but its only success was ensuring my wallet will be $60 heavier when the Xbox One launches.

OUCH!!!

Back