Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure that Sony and MS are huge targets that hackers are going for just for bragging rights that they shut them down.What's funny is that my wife gave me an annual PSN+ subscription for Xmas.

That sucks man, the feds needs to catch those twerps. I have PS Plus for my PS3 and it automatically renews every three months.

I bet this is the reason behind a $350.00 PS4 at BB.

Probably. That's a good price, though. I'll have to see if I can capitalize on that sale while it's still going on :lol.

Mines on renewal but I'll just be paying for the whole year

Taking down PSN seems like a walk to the shops for these boyos

It's not even considered real "hacking", from what I've read from various comments on the net. Apparently, they're just a bunch of kids, who're bombarding the servers with DDOS scripts. It's seems like anyone with sparse programming skills can do it, as long as they're in a group with significant numbers.

Yeah it's basically overloading the servers with too much traffic. Kim dotcom gave them free vouchers to **** off :lol

I can't wait to get my best buy ps4. I sold the voucher it came with and paid almost nothing for gta V. Who plays gta online here?

It's 350 for a ps4...1 game... And a 50 dollar headset.

PSN is back up, but stupid Rockstar's servers **** the bed again like they did in the middle of the week. WTF.

I need to get back on the PSN for some trolling on Home. I'm trying to get my account banned from there.

Until Christman 2015. :lol

They said it will be a new Christmas tradition. :lol

Rankin Bass Rudolph, check.
Rockefeller Tree, check.
Godzilla marathon, check.
PS4 hacked, check.

:lol

Is there any real way to stop DDOS attacks? If the nonsense for this incident catches on with other would-be "hackers", we could see a lot more down-times in the near future.

WARRIORS! PS4 IS BACK UP. FOR NOW?:lol
47YJlt8.jpg

Is there any real way to stop DDOS attacks? If the nonsense for this incident catches on with other would-be "hackers", we could see a lot more down-times in the near future.

No way to stop it really, it's basically an overload of the servers caused by too many connection requests, that can happen naturally when a lot of people try to access it at the same time (like Sideshow preorders of the past), usually the system is built to handle what's needed, but these attacks can be done very easily. There's server farms which can be rented so that they can use them to pull off the attack, or by using computers around the world that have been taken control through viruses. All they need is enough computers and they can bring it down. The only thing they can do to stop it is add more servers, which is a waste since they aren't needed.

I read that anonymous are leaking names, addresses of the lizard virgins. Keeping an eye on my bank account just in case.

even though names been leaked, i don't know if it can get any worse .. like The Authorities gets involved (Maybe they are) .. what's been done is afterall a crime

PSN anyway is a bad service compared to XBL

Back