Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vita/PS4 remote play :drool:drool:thud: Im freaking playin Killzone Shadows Fall at work on my Vita. OMG this is siiiiiiiiiiiick....looks incredible.

Just wanted to chime in on Remote Play as well. When using the direct connection option, I am able to play from pretty much anywhere in the house and my PS4 is in the basement. I have yet to compare how the connection is via an access point but I will definitely try it.

So what games did everyone decide to get at launch?

We got Killzone, Battlefield and Call of Duty. Playing Killzone first -- haven't touched the other two yet.

COD and downloaded Resogun. NBA 2K14 sold out everywhere, but I'll probably head back to EB tomorrow to see if some people cancelled their reservations.

I've just got BF4 for launch on Ps4, COD & FIFA for XB1

Planning on picking up Killzone for Ps4 & I want to get Lego Marvel Superheroes for my little boy

Reports of various PlayStation 4 issues have been coming in this week as the final hardware has made it into people's hands. Some of these issues involve the system not outputting video, but in at least one case, the solution has turned out to be fairly simple. If you encounter your own issues or can offer solutions, please visit

https://go.ign.com/ps4problems.

Kotaku reported this week that one of the systems it received refused to output video. More specifically, it seemed as though something was wrong with the HDMI port on the system, which wouldn't allow for HDMI cables to be fully plugged into it -- a problem different from the ones experienced by IGN and Reddit user Arogon. Kotaku's system was sent off to Sony for repairs and, before long, the cause of the issue was identified.

As it turns out, a piece of metal in the HDMI port that should have been flush with the bottom of the port was sticking up. This prevented the HDMI cord from being plugged in all the way and damaged each of the cords (in identical fashion) that had been plugged in. The solution was to, simply enough, press the piece of metal down so that it was no longer in the way. With that done, the system now works as it should.

The cause of this problem is unclear at this point, and we don't yet have any indication that this specific issue was anything more than a fluke. However, just to be safe, if you get your hands on a PS4 today or in the coming weeks, you'll want to examine the HDMI port to ensure your system doesn't have a similar issue.

In response to some of the other issues that have been experienced this week, Sony issued IGN a statement which read in part, "There have been several problems reported, which leads us to believe there isn't a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of systems. The number of affected systems represents less than .4% of shipped units to date, which is within our expectations for a new product introduction."

Not that I'm getting one right now, but does anyone think they can find a PS4 in the stores this weekend or next week.

I can't get one right now because of funds, but I'm just curious.

Not that I'm getting one right now, but does anyone think they can find a PS4 in the stores this weekend or next week.

From what i hear slim to none I haven't even heard when second shipment is due supposedly before christmas. Jack trenton lied his *** off when he said you would be able to walk wright in a store and pick up a ps4 lol

Keep an eye on Amazon. It comes back in stock once awhile. I was lucky and was able to get one of the launch day edition's the night of launch from them. Hopefully it will be here sometime next week. I still need to figure out a game to get. None of these games look interesting at all.

yeah I picked up my pre ordered ps4 last night from gamestop but didn't get a game because its kind of lame release offerings. I'm still enjoying the PS3. I just wanted to make sure I had the system in hand before the Holliday madness. Hoping to get shadowfall or ghost used in a few weeks.

The order looks like a good game, but I'm going to have to wait for some gameplay before deciding to buy it.

[ame]https://youtu.be/2FK8dgzW0o8[/ame]

Im just hoping they release a next gen motorstorm in the near future.
Just seemed weird and bold going with Driveclub going up against Forza. Dont get me wrong, it looks ok but motorstorm would have been the way to go for me. One of the best games I played on the ps3.

man, why are you guys so tough on him? He's just excited about the PS4.
I got mine, but still haven't open it yet. None of the games are interesting to me right now. Might end up selling it.

Back