Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id go with the previous on that. they shot themselves in the foot originally with the reveal and sony was making them look bad. now that sony's launch systems are being sent out bricked now they can insert their jabs. i dont think there was a good sentiment there at all. "F" em. when MS was busy shooting themselves in the foot sony should have sent this:

***.jpg

PSN just popped up a message saying its broken lol. Ok it didn't say broken but it said something about maintance.

PSN just popped up a message saying its broken lol. Ok it didn't say broken but it said something about maintance.

LOL. That's probably not far from the truth. My guess would be all of the free games they have right now. All these day one guys trying to download Resogun and whatnot.

All you turds are logged on downloading the updates sucking up all the bandwidth and stuff.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/ps4-launch-crashes-psn-due-to-high-volume-of-log-ons

Sony has urged fans to be patient while the US and Canadian PSN experiences issues following the launch of the PlayStation 4.

A number of new PlayStation 4 owners have contacted IGN saying they're encountering the error numbers NW-31453-6 or NP-3500-8, along with text explaining "The network connection has been lost". Please visit https://go.ign.com/ps4problems to report any issues and solutions you discover.

Sony responded to the issue on its support site and through Twitter. Though the response has been removed, as you can see below it explains that an extremely high number of people are trying to log on and download firmware 1.50 for their new console.
As soon as a PS4 is connected to the internet, it automatically connects to the PSN to download the new firmware in the background. Given how many people have purchased the new console, a blip like this was always fairly likely. Sony has confirmed it's working to resolve the issue, but with more consumers expected to pick up the console during regular shopping hours today, it's probably going to be another couple of days before things are back to normal.

If you're struggling to download the patch, you can always get it from PlayStation.com, put it on a USB stick, and use that to update the console. If that's not an option, Sony can provide Blu-ray discs with the patch on but it's likely the PSN will be functional again by the time that arrives.

The patch already downloaded for me. It took all of about 2 mins. The logging into the PSN on the other hand. :lol

I was able to log in and update my privacy settings and hit enter to move to the next part. Saying please wait again. :lol

The patch already downloaded for me. It took all of about 2 mins. The logging into the PSN on the other hand. :lol

Ah, the memories.... :lol

I go through this every time a new console comes out. Tonight's no different. :gah:

And be sure MS will go through the exact same thing next week. You can say you'll be prepared for the massive influx, BUT....

Back