Play Imaginative- Super Alloy 1/6 - Batman by Jim Lee pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry but this thing is severely overpriced ! The only thing i like is the gargoyle and magnectic cape with wire's in it. I dont understand why hot toys has'nt included a gargoyle base for any of it's bats or superhero's. I'm not bashing who get it just think it probably cost dirt cheap to make and is way overpriced and if people wait long enough it will be on sale for a lot cheaper.

It's metal fer Cripes sake. Price out having something diecast.

Wanna know what costs next to nothing to produce? Your precious polystone (resin with added dirt) collectibles. Silicone molds cost a helluva lot less to make than metal ones do.

It's no more overpriced than HT stuff. Across the board, these are some expensive toys.

It's always easy to just think we're paying for plastic and metal... but can YOU shape plastic and metal to look like what these things do? Not in a million years... most of us are better off paying these guys to do it than waste our lives trying.

Anyways... I think this thing looks a bit... simple. I don't get the high-end sense from it. Granted of course that's how it's supposed to be I guess.

It's always easy to just think we're paying for plastic and metal... but can YOU shape plastic and metal to look like what these things do? Not in a million years... most of us are better off paying these guys to do it than waste our lives trying.

Anyways... I think this thing looks a bit... simple. I don't get the high-end sense from it. Granted of course that's how it's supposed to be I guess.

Yeah, i get the same thing from iron man figures from hot toys. I really like the movie, really like the suit, really want a figure of it, but there is something very "toy-ish" and simplistic about it. Inherent with the design i guess...i don't think any version from any company will change my mind on it really.

To each his own. AFA gives me peace of mind about condition and protection. Even if my 2 end up getting crappy grades they are still rare. I forgot to mention that I'm also sending a Batman Arkham City DC Collectibles Titan Joker Deluxe to AFA as well. I REALLY love the looks of that!

I've been thinking about getting the NYCC Exc but the $350 they seem to be going for is making me a little hesitant.

So are the glossy esxclusive actually numbered out of 100? I have not seen anyone selling them put any x/100 in their listings.

I saw this at my LCS & it seems to be one of those figures that is more impressive in person than in pics. The diecast body looks really nice (if not overly detailed) and the gargoyle base is pretty nice too & larger than it looks in person. I have some disposable income on the way & I have to say it's a little tempting.

I'm not certain if it's actually numbered or not. I do know that one of the inner flaps is autographed by Jim Lee.

I'm on the fence about getting one. I've got $90 in my PP account, and I found one for $270, so the cost to me wouldn't be more then a standard figure now.

I'm on the fence about getting one. I've got $90 in my PP account, and I found one for $270, so the cost to me wouldn't be more then a standard figure now.

Yes it would...that PP money is real money..lol Its not play money. You just choose to view it that way.

I was on the fence as well, but finally caved in after seeing it displayed at Cornerstore Comics. This thing is a BEAST. Really glad I got one.

finally got around to opening mine this morning. He looks **** posed vanilla, but with the wired cape and awesome gargoyle base some classic batman poses are to be had.

Overall im pleased with him, a little restrictive in the movement of the elbows and head but a very unique looking figure. Im not a fan of nolans batman look, thus im glad to be able to add this guy to the collection.

Back