Play Imaginative- Super Alloy 1/6 - Batman by Jim Lee pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrote up a written/pictorial review as well as video review on my site. Here's a link:

Toy Review/Pictorial: Play Imaginative 1/6th Scale Super Alloy Batman (Jim Lee Edition)

Here are a few pics from it:

rotation.jpg

Batarangs.jpg

42.jpg

Nice pics!

If the Hot Toys people ever got their hands on this they would be mad. This is how every Iron Man should be made. This figure is a beast. When you pick it up, you are afraid to drop it for fear of putting a hole in your floor.

TJ, great review! I have a few 1/6 figures, mostly hot toys batman stuff, as well as some of the dc 13" ones from back in the day, and I have to say this is the current champion. It really feels hefty in a good way, like you (almost) got your money's worth.

Nice pics!

If the Hot Toys people ever got their hands on this they would be mad. This is how every Iron Man should be made. This figure is a beast. When you pick it up, you are afraid to drop it for fear of putting a hole in your floor.

TJ, great review! I have a few 1/6 figures, mostly hot toys batman stuff, as well as some of the dc 13" ones from back in the day, and I have to say this is the current champion. It really feels hefty in a good way, like you (almost) got your money's worth.

great review TJ, actually saw it on youtube a couple of days ago.

looking forward to receiving mine now!

Hey, thanks a ton guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx_o***bDkQ

Nice figure, but the magnets on mine are practically worthless.

Not worth the $270 I paid, but with everything being so overpriced these days, I'll suck it up and enjoy the unique aspects of this figure.

Not really. Magnets notwithstanding, this is actually pretty impressive in hand, and displays very well. I get tired of everything being made out of plastic, resin, or vinyl, so the unique construction of this figure is quite appealing to me.

Figure looks great in the end. I might have to keep an eye out down the road and try to snag one. For now there are other things on my mind though. I'm sure he would look great next to my Chogokin.

I can't decide on this thing. It looks awesome but I already have pre-ordered like 10 figures (all the avengers mostly + spidey + wolvie + Catwoman + joker 2.0).

I was planning to have a HT collection of superheroes only. Then my wife buys me Bespin Luke for xmas. My son is a huge SW fan, so OK - SW + superheroes. Fine.

Now I see this and it is not at all in keeping with the theme but it looks awesome - as does the upcoming Iron Man they're making.

Crap. Scope creep...where do I put all this stuff???

Well I choose my own presents this year and I am now the proud owner of 2 NYCC exclusive Super Alloy Batmans limited to 100. The best part is that I didn't have to pay a fortune for them. Both are still factory sealed and are going to stay that way because, fingers crossed, I'm sending them to AFA. I started selling action figures on ebay this past summer and found myself wanting to keep some of them. The only other figures I have now are a 1984 Mattel Secret Wars Wolverine AFA graded a clear 85NM+ and a 2006 SDCC Justice League Solomon Grundy graded a uncirculated 10! I like all of the Hot Toys Batmans and the attention to detail, but I love the looks of the Super Alloy as well. What won me over in the end is the rarity of these. Ty and glad to now be a member here!

Back