Play Imaginative- Avengers- Iron Man 1/6th MK VII diecast figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these 80% diecast compared to the 40% that hot toys is coming out with? Its going to be interesting to see what amount of metal works best.

I have wanted a PI 1/6 mark 7 raw and gold since they came out.

After holding a PI Batman today, I am no longer interested in them. It was way too heavy for my liking.

I'm so glad HT went with a smaller amount of diecast.

Way too heavy? Any other reason why your interest has faded. I'm still kinda curious about their products.

Way too heavy? Any other reason why your interest has faded. I'm still kinda curious about their products.

They are both hard to come by and very expensive also. But those 2 details weren't enough to make me loose my interest. Also, someone in HK I had an online conversation with really poo pooed PI. He said they lost their 1/6 license and won't be mking any more. He also said that the QC is way worse than HT. And HT is all around a better product.

But the final straw was the weight. It is dense and heavy. It just didn't feel right. I've always thought the plastic MMS Iron Man figures could use a little weight. But not this much

Yeah, that makes sense to me. I was chiding HT for the 40% diecast, not long ago, but now that I see how they implemented it (way better than I expected and in a way that improves the functionality and articulation of the figure), I'm happy with that percentage. Seems to me that they got it right. Obviously we'll have to wait and see how the figures do over time, but I'm very impressed with what we've seen so far.

You guys know if PI has plans of making a 1/6th Mark III at all?

I'd say no based on the conversation I had with the colletor in Hong Kong telling me they lost the 1/6 license ( just his word, no proof ), and when I Facebook messaged them about 6 months ago about getting 1/6 figures in the states, I was told they'd be focusing on 1/12 and 1/4 scales. Here is their exact quote from my FB message.

My question

I know nothing about licenses, so are you able to make other 1/6 Iron Man figures for Singapore? Like Mark 1 or Mark 3 or even from Iron Man 3?

Play Imaginative

hmmm i think we will be focusing on the new suits in Iron Man 3, so right now it looks unlikely we will be doing the older suits..
for Iron Man 3, we will only be producing 1/4 and 1/12 scale

Hmmm, wonder if them losing the license (if indeed they lost it) has anything to do with HT being displeased with it. Last interview with Howard when he was asked the difference between Marvel and DC, he made a point to mention that DC was more respectful of their license and didn't grant say two 1:6 companies the rights to manufacture their characters, whereas Marvel was more mercenary and selling it to direct competitors. Wonder if it smartened Marvel up. Who knows but it's interesting to speculate on.

The pics of the new HT War Machine diecast make this look very cheap and lacking details ....I think 100% diecast limits posability/detail and HT knows it

The company will fold up soon unless those 1/4 armors get produced and sell. They are not coming out until late this year..don't hold your breath...

So PI took a year to showcase 42 sixth scale IM prototypes and only released 2 before losing the license?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 42 that were shown were 1/4 and 1/12 scale. And I said it back then. As cool as it was seeing all the armors made, there was no way they would all be produced nd available for purchase. Even a big company like HT couldn't take on that task.

Seems like a tough product to produce for a beginning company. Can you imagine the start up cost just to get to the prototype stage? People can ***** a lot about HT but the reality is they do amazing work and constantly developing new things and even they run into production problems a lot. I would hate to be a starting company trying to develop a product fresh while competing with a juggernaut like HT. Seems daunting.

Yeah, I can't imagine what it costs to design and develop a diecast product like this with such a high profile license. It can't be cheap.

Product licenses have a lot of different components to them. Large companies like Marvel/Disney and Warner Bros generally charge a licensing fee and then have licensees pay out a percentage back to them as well.

With regard to who gets a license, it can be split up through a number of components like material composition, scale and character specificity and even region. Looking at HT, they generally make 1/6 figures for intellectual product for such films like the movie Iron Man, Nolan's Batman and Robocop. Along with their dominance over 12" figures, these figures are generally made from plastic and other non-metal materials.

Looking at PI, they also licenses from Marvel and DC. They make 1/4 and 1/12 die-cast IM movie figures. With regard to DC, they make die-cast 1/6 comic superheroes from the new 52 storyline. These are areas that HT probably doesn't have license in.

Seems like a tough product to produce for a beginning company. Can you imagine the start up cost just to get to the prototype stage? People can ***** a lot about HT but the reality is they do amazing work and constantly developing new things and even they run into production problems a lot. I would hate to be a starting company trying to develop a product fresh while competing with a juggernaut like HT. Seems daunting.
Well said, Robbie.

To be honest i found their customer service amazing. I bought my figure from simply toys in singapore and it came with the helmet lights not working. They not only paid for my express shipping from australia (and back) but also sent me a set of extra arms and extra hands for the trouble. Even made me a video of how to replace the arms if i ever needed to. Not sure why that guy got bad service.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Back