Play Imaginative- Avengers- Iron Man 1/6th MK VII diecast figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just had one of these opened in front of me this morning at my LCS...the first thing i noticed was the back of the helmet seam is cut up badly with what appears to be casting marks of some kind. there was also some very minor scratches throughout the curved surfaces like the chest and shoulders.

hopefully this was a isolated case and they are seriously not all like that...that would be pretty bad for PI if they are...

EDIT: looking at the pics in the thread 2 pages ago i can see the one posted look better then the one i seen on the back of the head. it only looks to be missing some paint on the underside of the lip.

Last edited:
Fabulous box-
NOT so fabulous figure.
Look at the close ups of the paint aps- soft, soft- detailing, too (at least in those pics)
Nowhere NEAR HT razor sharp aps and details- as I was afraid die cast doesn't cut it for sharp detailing..hope HT does FAR better...

for $600 you gotta be joking, just amazed how disapponting this came out

The box is stunning though

Fabulous box-
NOT so fabulous figure.
Look at the close ups of the paint aps- soft, soft- detailing, too (at least in those pics)
Nowhere NEAR HT razor sharp aps and details- as I was afraid die cast doesn't cut it for sharp detailing..hope HT does FAR better...

for $600 you gotta be joking, just amazed how disapponting this came out

The box is stunning though

Yeah, where is it being sold for $600?
Just po'd mine at BBTS for around $450...

But even for $450, the QC is subpar

That almost equal to 2 HT figures.
yes, I agree about the QC is subpar. let's see if they improve the QC on later batch :pray:
overseas customer will be frustated with the shipping cost to return a defect product as heavy as this

edit: the fallen finger can be easily put back. good to know. but this means PI designed the hands poorly.
the 1/4 scale have repulsor hands, but this one doesn't seem to support the repulsor hand pose

Last edited:
It's around $350 minus the hall of armor.
So in reality it's same price as hot toys but made in alloy minus the details

Regardless, are you ok with a $250, $350, or $450 figure that has fingers falling off?

I was really looking forward to possibly getting these. But not now.

Regardless, are you ok with a $250, $350, or $450 figure that has fingers falling off?

I was really looking forward to possibly getting these. But not now.

I can't judge it unless there's more reviews on this.
If you went on the DC threads, the 1989 batmobile first launch had major criticisms saying there's scuff marks on it and paint job issues....it was leaning towards 60% with defect.
After couple weeks, as more shipments arrived, there were less issues and now there are more "perfect" conditions than ones with defect.
HT mark vii had some QC issues too with the faceplate magnet being too fragile, some received theirs with a scuffed neck piece...and etc, in all honesty it's too early to make any judgements as a collector myself.
As of now I see these:

PI Mark VII: Shorter, Alloy, More proportional, Better lighting in the eyes, no rubber elbow

HT Mark VII: Taller, More interchangeable pieces, Some random Mexican head, more detailed, cost less

Again, I won't judge this figure based on less than 20 reviews...
:D

Last edited:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk1Czc82qlE[/ame]
here's the video of the articulation. better than HT's in term of articulation

another video:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT0aymYo7NM[/ame]

Last edited:
Hi fellow collectors! my first posting here :)

Just collected my PI mark7 at a local shop (Malaysia) yesterday. The seller was kind enough to open up the boxes for me to check on the spot.

Our findings as follows:

1. First box opened, the neck was too loose. It basically moves according to gravity so there's no way to pose the figure in flight mode if I were to accept this unit. Seller acknowledges this so we proceeded to open up a new unit.

2. Second box: Left palm repulsor light not working.

3. Third box: left shoulder ball joint came loose and it was quite tedious to put it back in place after a few tries, so my seller decided to open up another new one.

4. Fourth box: everything was okay, except for some paint chipoff behind the neck area, but i decided to accept this, as on one hand i pity my seller, on the other hand, i was thinking this might just be as good as it gets for this figure :(

By the way, my seller has 2 units in his shop display cabinet, both have faulty lights... Lol.
Loose fingers seem to be a norm and it is PI's design fault i guess...

Well, i am not sure what to say, though it definitely looks great with the diecast parts under lighting, however, with the price we have paid, you expect them to have proper QC. I have yet to check the lights in my hall of armor. Already preordered their gold mark7 and paid in full, but i won't have that luxury of checking the item on the spot since my friend is collecting it for me in stgcc2013.

I do hope you guys have better luck with your unit/s!

No way dude. Die cast is heavy, and heavy means QUALITY!

4. Fourth box: everything was okay, except for some paint chipoff behind the neck area

Diecast strikes again.

But remember, it's heavy, and that means quality!

Hi fellow collectors! my first posting here :)

Just collected my PI mark7 at a local shop (Malaysia) yesterday. The seller was kind enough to open up the boxes for me to check on the spot.

Our findings as follows:

1. First box opened, the neck was too loose. It basically moves according to gravity so there's no way to pose the figure in flight mode if I were to accept this unit. Seller acknowledges this so we proceeded to open up a new unit.

2. Second box: Left palm repulsor light not working.

3. Third box: left shoulder ball joint came loose and it was quite tedious to put it back in place after a few tries, so my seller decided to open up another new one.

4. Fourth box: everything was okay, except for some paint chipoff behind the neck area, but i decided to accept this, as on one hand i pity my seller, on the other hand, i was thinking this might just be as good as it gets for this figure :(

By the way, my seller has 2 units in his shop display cabinet, both have faulty lights... Lol.
Loose fingers seem to be a norm and it is PI's design fault i guess...

Well, i am not sure what to say, though it definitely looks great with the diecast parts under lighting, however, with the price we have paid, you expect them to have proper QC. I have yet to check the lights in my hall of armor. Already preordered their gold mark7 and paid in full, but i won't have that luxury of checking the item on the spot since my friend is collecting it for me in stgcc2013.

I do hope you guys have better luck with your unit/s!
Could you post picture regarding the paint chipping parts?

Back