Play Imaginative- Avengers- Iron Man 1/6th MK VII diecast figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I've said before, this looks awesome. And it may be as great, close to as great, or greater than the HT version. But it'll have what some here consider flaws also. These are 1/6 versions of something. They can't be perfect or exact. Its impossible. And complaining about flaws on a $250 figure will be considered nothing when the complaints come in on a $500-600 figure.

If I weren't already getting the BD version and EX version of HT Mark VII, I'd consider giving this a shot. Now if I could get my hands on a RAW Mark VII, I'd be all over that.

No leg flaps
No back air flaps
No accessories
No repulsion hands
No rocket forearm/laser
No interchangeable parts
Price: $350

I think I'll stick with hot toys 1/6 ones over this any day

Only thing good is the HOA alloy

No leg flaps
No back air flaps
No accessories
No repulsion hands
No rocket forearm/laser
No interchangeable parts

It comes down to where you find value to you with a Mark VII. If you want a setup with Avengers sure the HT version will be fine.

My value in this is a better proportioned and seemingly better head and definitely better arms than the HT for a Hall of Armor display. Its not fair to criticize the paint on this figure yet, as no real production pieces have been seen so we can hold the judgement on that for now.

I'm chuckling a little here because HT just released a bevy of diecast figures and by the sellouts they are selling well, yet people are flipping their nose at a diecast Iron man and a METAL Hall of armor that is way more sophisticated than the HT offering with a remote at a comprable price.

Also, PI's focus over the last year is this figure unlike HT that has so many other lines and products they sell. If a first edition die cast iron man mark has the potential to be a hit I think this one has a good chance given the more narrow focus by PI to make this be a success. Afterall, they are banking a slew of $600.00 1/4 scale figures on it. If this figure ****z the bed, they are screwed.

Last edited:
To chime in on what hokie said, this figure will work the best for someone who is looking for a MK VII in an HOA museum display where proportions and accuracy are more important then pose ability and add on extras. I think this figure fills that bill better then the HT MK VII does.

If you are looking for a MK VII to fit in an Avengers display that can be posed in many different poses with lots of add on weapons where accuracy and proportions are a secondary concern then the HT MK VII is a better choice then this figure.

For me, I am not thrilled with some of the decisions HT made in the production process on their MK VII and my main concern when adding a MK VII to my collection is accuracy and build quality. I think, from what I have seen so far, PI is doing a better job imo then HT on this figure.

Last edited:
I am really starting to think the rubber undies are too big and will be the PI VII biggest weakness after watching the same video over and over.

As stated before, I would love a RAW mark VII. So I'm not dismissing PI at all. But their products are unproven. They will most likely come with their own flaws.

This sounds like when Enterbay come out with the Batman figure. They were going to put HT out of business. Right. Their QC has been crap.

As stated before, I would love a RAW mark VII. So I'm not dismissing PI at all. But their products are unproven. They will most likely come with their own flaws.

This sounds like when Enterbay come out with the Batman figure. They were going to put HT out of business. Right. Their QC has been crap.

If the PI Mark VII is as good as the Enterbay Batman, then there will be many happy campers. I own the Batman and while there are some tiny mods to do on it, (Cape clip magnet moves and some batcod cotton stuffing) it is a awesome piece. Hopefully PI runs a much better class of collectibles than Enterbay Bill.

As for enterbay's QC.......:Flush

Play Imaginative is in a awkward position with this figure. They are going to be the leader entering the diecast 1/6 space with HT pushing their offerings out later in the year. Collectors when they recieve this are not going to have a comparable figure to size this one up with other than the existing Hot Toys Mark VII and other plastic armors.It could go either way for PI in the short term with a less than stellar offering or a home run. But I see the real judgement on this figure will have to wait to get a HT offering in hand and see the diecast techniques each is using.

HT definitely has the catbird seat with getting to see another company's release and you can be damn sure they will be the first people lined up to get one to pull it apart and see PI's manufacturing process.Everyone that is a HT fanboy should pray this is a home run, cause it will force HT to make a better product. Now that we are on the $300 doorstep for these pieces, scrutiny will be much easier for people to make and walk away from disapointing offerings than before.

I am looking forward to seeing the final product from PI and hope it is a home run. If there is anything HT needs right now is some good competition to help the collectors wallets and keep producing high quality figures.

Last edited:
Play Imaginative is in a awkward position with this figure. They are going to be the leader entering the diecast 1/6 space with HT pushing their offerings out later in the year. Collectors when they recieve this are not going to have a comparable figure to size this one up with other than the existing Hot Toys Mark VII and other plastic armors.It could go either way for PI in the short term with a less than stellar offering or a home run. But I see the real judgement on this figure will have to wait to get a HT offering in hand and see the diecast techniques each is using.

HT definitely has the catbird seat with getting to see another company's release and you can be damn sure they will be the first people lined up to get one to pull it apart and see PI's manufacturing process.Everyone that is a HT fanboy should pray this is a home run, cause it will force HT to make a better product. Now that we are on the $300 doorstep for these pieces, scrutiny will be much easier for people to make and walk away from disapointing offerings than before.

I am looking forward to seeing the final product from PI and hope it is a home run. If there is anything HT needs right now is some good competition to help the collectors wallets and keep producing high quality figures.

Unless I was given bad info from PI themselves ( they responded instantly to a few FB questions ) There won't be any compitition in the 1/6 market. They can't sell IM armors outside of Singapore. Thats the only area their license allows them to sell. HT owns the right to the 1/6 IM market. And there is no way they can make enough in the Singapore market alone to compete with HT.

I was told by PI that they will be focusing on 1/4 and 1/12. They have no future plans for more 1/6 armors.

Unless I was given bad info from PI themselves ( they responded instantly to a few FB questions ) There won't be any compitition in the 1/6 market. They can't sell IM armors outside of Singapore. Thats the only area their license allows them to sell. HT owns the right to the 1/6 IM market. And there is no way they can make enough in the Singapore market alone to compete with HT.

I was told by PI that they will be focusing on 1/4 and 1/12. They have no future plans for more 1/6 armors.

You are correct, but what is stopping HT to getting into the 1/4 line if Play Imaginative is successful with this 1/6 offering and the 1/4. If there is cash to be had, they'll get in. So it is definitely worth researching potential competition regardless of scale, no?

Do you know how long HT has exclucivity to the 1/6 line? Was it a IM3 only? Deals change all the time.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think PI is going to devluge business stragegy for future offerings to some dude on Facebook.:)

No leg flaps
No back air flaps
No accessories
No repulsion hands
No rocket forearm/laser
No interchangeable parts

Yes it is rather plain at a HT price...:slap

After seeing numerous pictures from Marvel and various VII stuff, I just pre-ordered the PI 7. The Kotobukiya VII also have a bit of a bigger undies based on its "new" 3D sculpting so I will just look past those few photos and gamble on this. I am very disappointed with how HT have handled their Iron Man 7 with bigger eyes and especially those puny rubber elbow joints. I will get the Kotobukiya VII too since its pretty cheap and looks more than good enough if I am not satisfied enough with the PI version and sell it.

The Play Imaginative Mark VII looks much better than the Hot Toys one especially without these insect eyes.

I'm wondering why BBTS is allowed to pre-sell them if PI doesn't have 1/6 size license in the states? Strangely, I can't find it on their site anymore.

Back