Play Arts Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker action figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally think this line has more legs to stand on than the Hot Toys line. While I'm sure Hot Toys will make excellent figures, I don't forsee them making much more than a current gen Snake from a recent game and maybe one or two others. They certainly will not get to some of the characters we all want to see. Play Arts on the other hand will probably make at least twice as many. Even so I don't see Play Arts even getting to some of the characters we all want to see but it is more likely than with Hot Toys.

I guess you did not see that MGS beat out every other franchise for most wanted figure on there hot toys website? I think they will make more then just one or 2. I mean look at the RE line.

Yeah its still on the way. Ash the creator of 3A says it'll come with a shinkawa style mini Snake :)

youll see it on show at SDCC

soo much Metal Gear goodness this year, im so pumped!
that guy is full of promises. i've been hearing about how this figure is on the way for like a year and a half now. so when companies show stuff at SDCC, does that mean it will be available this year?

that guy is full of promises. i've been hearing about how this figure is on the way for like a year and a half now. so when companies show stuff at SDCC, does that mean it will be available this year?

Not until the following year, for most things. Unless of course, 3A decides to make Rex an SDCC exclusive item and then have it up for order on their site.

Just looking at that rail gun video, I can tell that this is going to be one hell of an expensive piece. Also, back in 2009 Ashley Wood said that he was adding metallic plating all over the Rex model. Man...I think I should get another job or something.

Ash also said it would be coming this year :)

what im worried about is whether he'll release 2 versions, one being the rusted version he showed and the other being the grey/blue from the game. I cant make that decision!

Not until the following year, for most things. Unless of course, 3A decides to make Rex an SDCC exclusive item and then have it up for order on their site.

Just looking at that rail gun video, I can tell that this is going to be one hell of an expensive piece. Also, back in 2009 Ashley Wood said that he was adding metallic plating all over the Rex model. Man...I think I should get another job or something.
that's ridiculous. all he's doing is finding more ways to price this thing right out of his market. how many $1k+ metal plated Rex figures does he think he can sell? also, that crap is heavy, especially enough to cover a 14" figure. the joints would have to be all metal parts too just to hold it up.
Ash also said it would be coming this year :)
pretty sure he said it was coming last year too. we'll see.
what im worried about is whether he'll release 2 versions, one being the rusted version he showed and the other being the grey/blue from the game. I cant make that decision!
yeah, that's kinda cool. i'm guessing the rusted/weathered version is supposed to be from MGS4. which would be nice to have if they make Ray too. but, i'm definitely sticking with the MGS1 version.

that's ridiculous. all he's doing is finding more ways to price this thing right out of his market. how many $1k+ metal plated Rex figures does he think he can sell? also, that crap is heavy, especially enough to cover a 14" figure. the joints would have to be all metal parts too just to hold it up.

That's why I hope that Sideshow would be able to acquire some of these, so I can go the Flex Pay option. Honestly, I can see Rex selling for as much as the Optimus Prime Maquette.

I think that 3A's Metal Gear Rex, is the one figure that I've had a lot difficulty in saving up for. I started saving back in 2009, and then some Hot Toys figures came along. Hot Toys happened again in 2010. And here I am now, with more Hot Toys figures on pre-order for September :lol. Ashely Wood just took way too long on this thing.

would definitely make more sense for SSC to make it, if not at least distribute it. i wonder if he knows what an expensive process metal plating is. it would be something like 90% of the production cost. and it wouldn't look any better than painted plastic since Rex doesn't have chromed parts and everything would be weathered/detailed with regular paint anyway. if he's gonna go through that kind of trouble, he might as well just make the whole thing out of metal to begin with. at least then it could support its own weight.

Im sad to say you wee right. he broke my heart!:monkey2

on a possitive note though now i can afford the other things i want :hi5:

Grey Fox and Solid Snake!!!!
IMG_2834.jpg

I think it's safe to say these will be added to my shelf!

More pics here https://www.cooltoyreview.com/2011sdcc/SquareEnix/

is grey fox going to have an extra head with the visor opened?

well sega just showed that the Vanquish fig has one, so i really think there is :hi5:

jus wait till they get painted up then i think it'll get shown. on that note i hope Snake gets more accessories. gas mask, cardbored box etc.. haha

fig_pic_08.jpg

Vaquish guys are looking good. I have to say my Neca figures should start to worry about there future at this point.

Love that Vanquish figure - can't wait for those to come out.

That was one of my favorite games last year...and I've been replaying it too - a lot of hi-speed fun! :D

These are by far my favorite figures. Perfect size with a perfect price, and none of that "limited run, gonna make you pay 10 times the amount to get one now" stuff going on.

Hope we get some of the other games too. Old Snake and Raiden would be grails for me and am I the only one who would buy an Otacon?

Love that Vanquish figure - can't wait for those to come out.

That was one of my favorite games last year...and I've been replaying it too - a lot of hi-speed fun! :D

Yeah its the first game in years ive been able to replay, the gameplay is just pure fun. its ashame it didn't do better but i still hope for a sequel.:pray:

These are by far my favorite figures. Perfect size with a perfect price, and none of that "limited run, gonna make you pay 10 times the amount to get one now" stuff going on.

the line is just way too kick ass. you an stil buy them new on ebay for cheap!

Hope we get some of the other games too. Old Snake and Raiden would be grails for me and am I the only one who would buy an Otacon?

Yes yes yes. except for otacon lol. hopefully they do the whole series :pray::pray::pray:

Havent seen this thread in awhile, my lcs just got in the armored snake and miller figure. picked up miller, pretty awesome figure, plain but cool.

anyone looking to get rid of the extra masked head that comes with miller pm me, ill give you a pretty penny for it..:D

Back