Play Arts Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker action figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you think theyll make an exclusive dead grey fox too?

Blood_Splatter_Dual_Monitor_by_koka101.jpg

:p

I'm impressed... I think it's amazing what Play Arts is doing with that MGS licence. Solid Snake and Gray Fox... this is getting better and better.
I wonder if there are some more pleasant surprises ahead.:wink1:

Since Play Arts picked up the MGS 1 license, we might even get a Metal Gear Rex figure! Seriously, if Play Arts ever releases a Metal Gear Rex, I won't even bother with the figure from 3A.

I'm impressed... I think it's amazing what Play Arts is doing with that MGS licence. Solid Snake and Gray Fox... this is getting better and better.
I wonder if there are some more pleasant surprises ahead.:wink1:

On a side, I think that Play Arts is doing for MGS, the same thing that fans had hoped for Hot Toys to do with the franchise. Of course, we still have yet to see any Hot Toys MGS figures (and they will be awesome when they're released), but I doubt that their line will be as expansive as Play Arts'. Also, seeing Yoji Shinkawa at the forefront in designing these figures, is a guarantee that we're getting some pretty high-quality stuff!

This is the ideal size in my opinion

I agree. I have more interest in seeing this series continue than whatever Hot Toys produces. The combination of sharp sculpts and great articulation make these a perfect medium for the characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why i just really don't like the face sculpt.
What do you guys think about it?
I'd prefer if it looked like the codec or some of Yoji artwork
41.jpg
154.jpg

On a side, I think that Play Arts is doing for MGS, the same thing that fans had hoped for Hot Toys to do with the franchise. Of course, we still have yet to see any Hot Toys MGS figures (and they will be awesome when they're released), but I doubt that their line will be as expansive as Play Arts'. Also, seeing Yoji Shinkawa at the forefront in designing these figures, is a guarantee that we're getting some pretty high-quality stuff!

My thoughts exactly. As of now we don't know how expansive Hot Toys MGS line will be and as you already said it's likely to be a rather small line...simply because Hot Toys figures are high quality products with higher production costs than Play Arts Kai figures. So Hot Toys will naturally be very careful when it comes to the selection of characters to be included in their MGS line.
Of course I am excited to see the final Hot Toys figures but I'm even more excited about Play Arts possible projects in respect of diversity.
Needless to say... the Play Arts Kai figures are much more affordable.:)

I personally think this line has more legs to stand on than the Hot Toys line. While I'm sure Hot Toys will make excellent figures, I don't forsee them making much more than a current gen Snake from a recent game and maybe one or two others. They certainly will not get to some of the characters we all want to see. Play Arts on the other hand will probably make at least twice as many. Even so I don't see Play Arts even getting to some of the characters we all want to see but it is more likely than with Hot Toys.

i think they'll make more depending on how successful Grey Fox and Snake will be. Which will be very successful IMO

If it does as well as i think, then they'll proli make more MGS1 characters as well as MGS2 Play Arts

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't excited about the Hot Toys versions. The part that I am most excited about, though, is which company is most true to the artwork. I basically want to see the MGS 1 artwork in physical form.

It looks like Play Arts has it down cold. Especially Snake.

I will be purchasing any and every Gray Fox, and am hopeful for a beautiful 1:6 Hot Toys version, but so far, stylistically, Play Arts' versions are perfect. Very exciting!

For former Play Arts releases, who carries these? Are they available through Sideshow? I don't have any experience with Play Arts.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't excited about the Hot Toys versions. The part that I am most excited about, though, is which company is most true to the artwork. I basically want to see the MGS 1 artwork in physical form.

It looks like Play Arts has it down cold. Especially Snake.

I will be purchasing any and every Gray Fox, and am hopeful for a beautiful 1:6 Hot Toys version, but so far, stylistically, Play Arts' versions are perfect. Very exciting!

For former Play Arts releases, who carries these? Are they available through Sideshow? I don't have any experience with Play Arts.

completely agree wit you mate.

about the Play Arts you can find them all over the net but ive found its cheapest from Squares own site:

https://www.square-enix-shop.com/

^Yep! You can also check Entertainment Earth. They have a few of the figures cheap. I ordered the Basilisk from them for $51.99 with shipping.

Since Play Arts picked up the MGS 1 license, we might even get a Metal Gear Rex figure! Seriously, if Play Arts ever releases a Metal Gear Rex, I won't even bother with the figure from 3A.
i will. but the lack of any real updates in the past year or so tells me it won't happen. any other company that intended to make that figure would be hyping it and 3A just kinda forgot about it. skepticism.

i will. but the lack of any real updates in the past year or so tells me it won't happen. any other company that intended to make that figure would be hyping it and 3A just kinda forgot about it. skepticism.

I think 3A's still working on it, although it's probably going to take forever for a release. Pitu posted this small video on his Facebook page a few months ago:

[ame="https://youtu.be/BGut7ffry4E"]302 Found[/ame]

Yeah its still o the way. Ash the creator of 3A says it'll come with a shinkawa style mini Snake :)

youll see it on show at SDCC

soo much Metal Gear goodness this year, im so pumped!

Back