Play Arts Kai Batman figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just catwoman that comes with a display stand? Thats kinda worrying, I'm assuming those heels make her wobbly and cant stand on her own without the stand.

No all the Trilogy figures come with stands from what I read...

Figures look great!

Though they should've given Batman a fabric cape with some wire in it. It looks weird with the cut small cape in the back to hide the big cape joints.

I just got The Dark Knight Returns Batman. The figure is a BEAST!! So freaking awesome. It's my favorite PAK Batman figure to date, and I have them all (minus the the Christian Bale movie version ones).

So if someone was just getting into these which Batman would he buy? I already know the Asylum Bats is too short for Robin, so (since I def want Robin) should I go with AC or DKR Bats?

Do either have upward shoulder motion, or does the cape hinder both?

If I did buy the returns Bats, would the Joker be too small to compliment him?

Also, would these stand up to light play? Not kiddie play, but "dude you're a 34 year old man who still plays with toys?!" play.

So if someone was just getting into these which Batman would he buy? I already know the Asylum Bats is too short for Robin, so (since I def want Robin) should I go with AC or DKR Bats?

Do either have upward shoulder motion, or does the cape hinder both?

If I did buy the returns Bats, would the Joker be too small to compliment him?

Also, would these stand up to light play? Not kiddie play, but "dude you're a 34 year old man who still plays with toys?!" play.

I haven't got the DKR Bats yet, and I'm not sure I will, but he looks awesome. Joker will fit in with whichever you buy. The AC Batman looks good with Robin. Also, they are pretty tough and well made, they should hold up well with whatever you plan to do with them.

Thx for the info guys! Still debating on these but it's good to hear some positives about them. After reading up in them it sounded like all those shoulders break constantly.

image.jpg

Have you got it yet?

I meant Miller's DKR. Sorry for the confusion.

I bought the first figure when it came out, the Arkham Asylum Batman, I paid $60 and was disappointed by it. I said I would never buy them, at least not for $60.

Well, a friend of mine thought the same way and he sold me his Joker, Harley Quinn and armored Batman for $25 each. I couldn't let them go, lol.

Then last Sunday at Comic Con I got the Dark Knight Returns one for $30 because the box was ripped. I open my figures anyway so I had no problem with a ripped box.

Now my collection is up to five. I want that Robin too, he looks awesome, but definitely not $60 awesome.

Luis

WP_20130403_016.jpg

Its approved now. Its usually done to minimize spammers.

Looking on his eye bag kinda hurts. :panic:

What do you think of him in hand?

noted!

first impression is yes, what's wrong with the eyebags. :dunno

it's kinda heavy. it's not fair to compare this to hot toys mms 183 though but as a figure on it's own, i think it's a solid figure with a few exceptions:

- taking this out of the plastic mould was hard. i was afraid i broke the neck or the torso
- could have at least have more accessories
- it's kinda heavy for a small figure
- hands are too big and the head is a tad too small with the body proportion

other than that, i personally like it to be looking abit anime-ish.

*edit: the stand has to be assemble and i've not done yet. also, having looked at Robin from Arkham City, gotta say that one looks amazing!

lnuMkTM.jpg

His eyes looks kinda sleepy and cute animeish instead of fierce and menacing. Though I know the flash prolly didnt help.

Are you getting Batman as well?

Back