Play Arts Kai Batman figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** accuracy. if it's cool, it's cool.

so sick of "accuracy" in this hobby. batman's been around for over 70 years and had a dozen and more interpretations. here's another one.

yay!

Saw these tonight. Release on 23rd here in Tokyo. WIll go back on Saturday to pick 'em up.

c6f4fd10921011e2ab3b22000a9f14cb_7.jpg

d08eac40922911e2952822000a1f9695_7.jpg

d01366ca922911e2902022000a1ddbd3_7.jpg

d1132eca922911e2984522000a1f8ad9_7.jpg

I have an interst in AC Batman and Robin. I won a couple of PAK figs already. How are these? I love the AC character designs. I can't wait for HT to release Batman. Any user reviews on these 2? I want fellow collector's opinions.

What size are those tumblers?
I'm sure they're too small for those figures, but about what scale are they? The size of the smallest Mattel Tumbler? 1:18? Even smaller? It's impressive that they open up with the detail inside and the turning front wheels.

What size are those tumblers?
I'm sure they're too small for those figures, but about what scale are they? The size of the smallest Mattel Tumbler? 1:18? Even smaller? It's impressive that they open up with the detail inside and the turning front wheels.

Thats the REVOLTECH Tumbler. About 8-inches long, maybe...

I have an interst in AC Batman and Robin. I won a couple of PAK figs already. How are these? I love the AC character designs. I can't wait for HT to release Batman. Any user reviews on these 2? I want fellow collector's opinions.

I've got the AC Batman, and as far as the sculpt, paint aps, and posability goes, hes awesome, but as I said earlier in this thread, the QC had a lot to be desired. I've got Robin on his way to me next week, so I'm hoping he's in good shape when he arrives.

The DKR Batman is an instant buy for me, and I really dig Bane too, both look great!

Kinda nice the Trilogy figures are coming with stands finally.

I think those are sold separately.

No, according to Entertainment Earth and AlterEgoComics the stand is included....

he Dark Knight Rises Catwoman Play Arts Kai Action Figure:
Anne Hathaway's Catwoman!
From the Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises.
Articulated action figure stands 8 1/4-inches tall.
Includes a handgun, interchangeable hands and hair piece, and more!
Looking every bit as seductive and cunning as she does in Christopher Nolan's Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises, this The Dark Knight Rises Catwoman Play Arts Kai Action Figure stands 8 1/4-inches tall and comes with alternate sets of hands, a handgun, an exchangeable hair piece, and an alternate head. Anne Hathaway's Catwoman even includes a display stand so you can add her to your The Dark Knight Rises collection!

So just catwoman that comes with a display stand? Thats kinda worrying, I'm assuming those heels make her wobbly and cant stand on her own without the stand.

5e69c3e8939111e29deb22000a1f9355_7.jpg

Articulation is decent, lots of rubbery parts, paint quality on Bane is artistic and decent but on Batman, because he is all black (well, it has shades of gray/blue), its easier to see all the scruffs, uneven paint, chipped paint, etc. I have a chipped nose and chin.

All in all, I think they're rather artistic. I paid a little over JP¥11,000 (US$115) for them and I think its a tad bit over priced. I'd say US$80 would have been acceptable.

Last edited:
5e69c3e8939111e29deb22000a1f9355_7.jpg

Articulation is decent, lots of rubbery parts, paint quality on Bane is artistic and decent but on Batman, because he is all black (well, it has shades of gray/blue), its easier to see all the scruffs, uneven paint, chipped paint, etc. I have a chipped nose and chin.

All in all, I think they're rather artistic. I paid a little over JP¥11,000 (US$115) for them and I think its a tad bit over priced. I'd say US$80 would have been acceptable.

Well I gotta say I love how they turned out even from just looking at that photo! Now I definitely can't wait for my set to arrive. :thud:

Lovin the first pic's pose. The rest, not so much It seems this figure is best pose in dynamic pose as opposed to museum/static pose.

Still getting it though. Thanks for the posting pics :rock

Back