Play Arts Kai Batman figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my AA Joker. He's the best comic/game styled joker collectible I've ever had. Sadly, his shoulder broke a few weeks after getting him but it still sits in the hole just fine. I added a little sticky tack for reinforcement. I'll Probably pick up a AC Harley soon. Maybe a Batman. Can't wait to see more from this line in the future.

Also, what I would consider personally ... Bane's most iconic and memorable look from the film.

Not that I wasn't a fan of the different jackets he wore, culminating in the revolutionary / dictator look in the 3rd act. But I prefer him in the merc vest and outfit, with physique poking through as the coolest look from the film.

It's also the look of the pinnacle scene for Bane in the film, when he breaks Batman. So naturally, I prefer it.

:goodpost: Yup, my sentiments exactly.

i really like the look of some of these, but they seem kinda pricey, no?

i want some for my office, but $60 or more a pop seems better spent toward 1/6.

Some of the figures u can find for 45... Like the Armored Batman & Harley Quinn you can get On Amazon for 45.00. I'm hoping they do an Batman Begins Batman, for sure....

Last edited:
Id b keen to see ur review... also think about here in Australia the retail is 89.99... we get jacked on price for all the collectables

Damn that sucks... Im think my first figure will either be The Dark Knight Returns Batman or Armored Batman. Is there any real problems with the Arkham City Batman besides the cape not being posable?

Last edited:

How so? How can sixty dollars for these eight to ten inch figures be a bad purchase compared to over two hundred for each eleven to twelve inch figure? PAK figures are massive and in bulk you can probably get them for cheaper especially on the aftermarket. For the price of one Hot Toys you could get three to four of these Batman figures, maybe even more if you play your cards right.

How so? How can sixty dollars for these eight to ten inch figures be a bad purchase compared to over two hundred for each eleven to twelve inch figure? PAK figures are massive and in bulk you can probably get them for cheaper especially on the aftermarket. For the price of one Hot Toys you could get three to four of these Batman figures, maybe even more if you play your cards right.

i just mean i typically don't collect this scale and it's a lot of money for something that would basically be decoration (for me). whereas for the $xxx amount i'd spend on the ones i want, i could put that toward 1/6.

just weighing the cost against the impulse is all.

Just pre ordered catwoman and joker off amazon. Just waiting or bane an batman to show up on there now.

Big Bad Toy Store and Entertainment Earth has theme for pre-order.... Hope these Dark Knight Trilogy figures are good...

They sell these at an asian import store in the mall near me. They are WAY bigger figures than I expected. Closer to 8 or 9 inches.

If you decide to get them, I suggest checking through the box to look for any defects before you open it. I don't have any Batman Play Arts, but the MGS Meryl I just got had a defect on the eye where it looked like the machine that stamped the pattern cut deeply into the plastic, leaving a large flap where the eye is. My Snake and Cyborg Ninja are fine though, aside from a falling off elbow pad on Ninja (which obviously can't be seen through the box). I have dozens of Play Arts, and those are the only faults I've experienced.

I think they tend to have more QC problems with their larger scale, whereas these Batman and much of the FF lines are smaller with seemingly less overall issues that I know of. I'm thinking of buying the DKR line and maybe some from Arkham City. :)

Just picked up the armored arkham asylum bats on amazon for $37 shipped. I'm a play arts virgin so ill see how it goes

Let me know how it is.... Im just kinda worried spending 60.00 and it not being worth it.

Just picked up the armored arkham asylum bats on amazon for $37 shipped. I'm a play arts virgin so ill see how it goes

Yeah I just picked up my first play arts kai figure yesterday on ebay. I should have the halo 4 master chief in hand by this time next week. I planned on buying the AC batman, but I'm not happy with the way it turned out so I decided to pop my play arts kai cherry with the master chief.

Damn that sucks... Im think my first figure will either be The Dark Knight Returns Batman or Armored Batman. Is there any real problems with the Arkham City Batman besides the cape not being posable?

The cape is good tho... they have it nice, how it flows round. mine had really loose feet - so he wouldnt stand at all, as hes more top heavy - but i took it back and they swapped it.... now this one is perfect.
You get an extra head with this one

If these go well, I'm hoping to finish off "TDK Trilogy" Play Arts gives us:

BEGINS Batman (w/ Demon Bat alternate head sculpt)
Crane
Ra's
Two Face (w/ Dent sculpt)

And really pushing it: a Gordon and Blake

I have purchased a few of these and I am puzzled as to how much detail and craftmanship go into these and why they make the shoulder joints so dam week? Kratos broke at the shoulder,Ryu broke at the shoulder. I returned them but I still have Armored Batman which is fine so far and just picked up The Dark Knight Returns Batman who is a massive figure and his shoulder joints are weak.

Nice so Batman AA The Dark Knight Return Skin is out there... it does look pretty bulky... can u get him in a good pose?

Back