Play Arts Anime Style DC Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last one I bought were the Mass Effect figures. Crap paint job. Not the only ones.
That's a real shame as the Mass Effect figures are actually considered among their worst efforts as of recent.

While I can't speak for their DC figures until I get the Nolanverse figures, I will say most of my Play Arts figures have had decent enough quality control with the best ones being the Metal Gear Solid figures.

Last one I bought were the Mass Effect figures. Crap paint job. Not the only ones.
Yea only good ones are Femshep and Tali IMO
Oh, I never bought or played ME.

That said, the paint job on the PA AA Joker is real crappy. So I can somehow relate to what you are saying :lol
Yea paint on PA AA Joker is pretty bad, but I love the sculpt

But never played Mass Effect?? You hurt me Hydeous! lol
That's a real shame as the Mass Effect figures are actually considered among their worst efforts as of recent.

While I can't speak for their DC figures until I get the Nolanverse figures, I will say most of my Play Arts figures have had decent enough quality control with the best ones being the Metal Gear Solid figures.

PA's AC Catwoman and Batman are pretty awesome in paint and quality. Boxes are the best too IMO compared to other PA figures

I'm sure people will ____talk the figures, but I think the Wonder Woman looks amazing (aside from those stupid heels) and she's a definite buy for me. Just really awesome probably the best Wonder Woman figure headsculpt I've seen.

yeah i don't own any play arts kai stuff, but these do look fantastic! the anime infused interpretation is really sick! i honestly don't collect such small scale figures, but these if they turn out as great as some of them look, i might have to reconsider. really intriguing.

I keep coming back to these pics because of how cool they look to me. Can't wait to see full-color pics of Flash and Batgirl. And the eventual inevitable Superman.

The funniest part is that I'm not even really much of a DC Comics fan (I currently own ZERO DC-related toys), and coupled with the fact that I only own one single Play Arts Kai (Grayfox-Ninja from Metal Gear Solid). But I'm anxiously waiting for these to come out and seriously considering picking up a few.

yep I'll be getting wonder woman and flash and maybe batgirl. Superman was on display at SDCC but I haven't found an actual up close photo of him. Just a what looks like superman behind everyone else kind of pics :lol

These are great (aside from GL).

But for $79.. I'll put that money into something better.

If I can ever find these in the more (relatively) reasonable range of $40-$60, I will definitely get Wonder Woman and Batgirl. PAK seems to have a way of making female figures that retain both feminine aesthetics and posable articulation that other lines don't seem able to do.

yeah, this series seems really nice, but at the price point seems a tad high for what it is. still think i might be in for them.

The price is definitely a little high. However, these ones are on the larger side of PAK figures. These are at the 10-10.5" tall range instead of the 'standard' 9-9.5" tall

That would be a reason to raise the prices, but the truth is, that extra inch really doesn't help me out on an already-out-of-scale-from-any-other-line-I-collect basis, so I would rather they just keep them an inch smaller and $20-$30 cheaper.

Totally prefer the larger scale. Loved how they looked on display at the Square Enix booth. They really stood out!

Immediately picked up a Batman and Wonder Woman as soon as they made them available at Comic Con!

DCKai.JPG

Totally prefer the larger scale. Loved how they looked on display at the Square Enix booth. They really stood out!

Immediately picked up a Batman and Wonder Woman as soon as they made them available at Comic Con!

DCKai.JPG

very cool box art!

That Wonder Woman is very nice i realy liked the Arkham City Harley and Ivy that came out recently they looked ok paint wise. That box are tis nice reminds me of Final Fantasy.

Received my Variant Playarts Kai set :yess:

Decided to shoot Batman first!

1149620_318116798333597_397144425_o.jpg

1167290_318116788333598_2144393893_o.jpg

1239194_318117151666895_2070591233_o.jpg

1009847_318116781666932_220307571_n.jpg

that's pretty slick bro. nice. i'm trying to resist getting into this line as i only really collect 1/6 figures and 1/4 figures and pf's. but man, this line is making me wanna break that rule. man, only if they did this representation in 1/6.

That would be a reason to raise the prices, but the truth is, that extra inch really doesn't help me out on an already-out-of-scale-from-any-other-line-I-collect basis, so I would rather they just keep them an inch smaller and $20-$30 cheaper.

oh I agree. I mean I was buy no means saying it was ok for them to charge us that much extra just b/c they enlarged the scale just a bit. My new MoS PAK figures now make Commander Shepard look out of place :/

Back