Planet of the Apes - movies and TV show General discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Planet of the Apes POTA talk

Meh, still stand by the notion that flooding an entire section just becuase you want your way is rude. If I were Dave I'd just delete all the new threads and be done with it.

Yeah,sucks for us that wants a good time here.Seems like just because Dave doesnt want a own Ape section you take it out on the rest of us.

Dave should just change the Indy section to Indy/POTA and be done with it ....

Meh, still stand by the notion that flooding an entire section just becuase you want your way is rude. If I were Dave I'd just delete all the new threads and be done with it.

If that were the real case then Whedonville should be first to go.

Yeah,sucks for us that wants a good time here.Seems like just because Dave doesnt want a own Ape section you take it out on the rest of us.

But, here you are in one of my threads and not "bumping" one of yours? What is one of yours BTW?

With Indy I can see SOME rationale because the film was coming out and there was LOTS of product coming. We also thought it was going to last. With Apes all thats new is 3 1/6 from Hot Toys and the Cosbaby line with no media support in the immediate future. I think if something could have been diplomatically worked out that would have resulted in splintering of the monster thread to show there's reason for a forum that is one thing, but to just flood becuase now you feel Apes deserves its own area is quite another.

With Indy I can see SOME rationale because the film was coming out and there was LOTS of product coming. We also thought it was going to last. With Apes all thats new is 3 1/6 from Hot Toys and the Cosbaby line with no media support in the immediate future. I think if something could have been diplomatically worked out that would have resulted in splintering of the monster thread to show there's reason for a forum that is one thing, but to just flood becuase now you feel Apes deserves its own area is quite another.

Ok, once more for all the new chimers in we have now. I asked if we could have a POTA forum and break down the mammoth thread into the multible areas contained therein. Because we didn't flood the SSF board with a ton of individual threads, not because they weren't needed or anything, just because we were keeping everything in one place and staying out of everyone else's space, we were told no. We were told we didn't have enough threads. We were told Dave would like nothing more than to lock our thread. But no mention was made to giving us our section. An ultimatum was perceived. War was declared. No offense was intended to anyone having to go to page 2 for their morning thread, consider it collateral damage. it happens in war. If Dave wants to lock/delete the other threads, we'll deal with that as it comes.
Indy had LOTS of product? I saw one mediocre SS piece and lots of complaints on the body and some Hasbro pieces. Whats a LOT about that? Planet of the APes got new life breathed into by SS teaming with a new company (new to POTA that is), HOT TOYS who has unveiled some kick ass new stuff. i'll stand any of the 3 new apes figures up against any or all of the new Indy's and the Apes will win every time.

You DO realize when Dave said he'd like to lock the thread he was also talking about a possible section for Apes. He wouldn't just lock a valid thread. Oh, and I didn't know that just because I didn't have an interest in tracking down Sideshows Apes figures I wasn't allowed to say anything even tho I had seen Apes when I was probably 5. Thanks for that! And as per the Indy product, there IS a lot of it. Venture over there and take a look. Trading cards, art pieces, figures, PF, UQS.

You DO realize when Dave said he'd like to lock the thread he was also talking about a possible section for Apes. He wouldn't just lock a valid thread. Oh, and I didn't know that just because I didn't have an interest in tracking down Sideshows Apes figures I wasn't allowed to say anything even tho I had seen Apes when I was probably 5. Thanks for that! And as per the Indy product, there IS a lot of it. Venture over there and take a look. Trading cards, art pieces, figures, PF, UQS.

Dave never made a positive comment more than locking the thread. Other than that all we got was an "i'm not sure it warrants it". I mean no offense to you for being here, I welcome you and all freaks. All I ask is you support, or at least your understanding. If you were as passionate about something as we are the POTA, or the thread would never have lived to be the longest, wouldn't you want to see it treated fairly?
And, not to go tit for tat, but POTA has 3 HOT TOYS figures, a SS PF, the cos babies and the Diamond Mego reissues, pretty fair, if not better, competition to the Indy items you mention.

Re: Planet of the Apes - TV series

I caught some episodes on Fox Movie Channel over the last few days, hadn't really watched it before that. I'd love to see HT make Virdon, Burke, Galen and Urko figures.

I think Hot Toys would excellent versions of the TV characters. Even though I commissioned an Urko a few years ago, I would love to see an HT treatment of the character.

I caught some episodes on Fox Movie Channel over the last few days, hadn't really watched it before that. I'd love to see HT make Virdon, Burke, Galen and Urko figures.

I sent HotToys an email with pics from the TV series and asked them to consider an POTA TV series line. They emailed me back and said that they would pass that on to the creative team. If you really want to see figures from the TV series, I would suggest to send HT an email and ask them just so they know there is an interest.

The new HT apes will allow for a kick ass Urko custom:
-Ursus head, helmet, collar, gloves
-Gorilla soldier tunic
-Gorilla "captain" belt/holster
-Urko's gun can probably be found at numerous 1/6 scale websites.

I don't remeber exactly what kind of pistol it was. Kind of looked German like a Luger but not quite.

I see how a few Hong Kong eBay sellers break up the HT Dark knight figures for parts. I'm hoping they eventually do the same with the POTA figures.

-Ray

The new HT apes will allow for a kick ass Urko custom:
-Ursus head, helmet, collar, gloves
-Gorilla soldier tunic
-Gorilla "captain" belt/holster
-Urko's gun can probably be found at numerous 1/6 scale websites.

I don't remeber exactly what kind of pistol it was. Kind of looked German like a Luger but not quite.

I see how a few Hong Kong eBay sellers break up the HT Dark knight figures for parts. I'm hoping they eventually do the same with the POTA figures.

-Ray

I think the gorilla Captain has the correct pistol for an Urko kit bash. Will you repaint his face or kitbash a SS Ursus and use his head instead?

Re: Planet of the Apes EFTPOTA

I hope HT does a figure of Zira and Cornelius from Escape. If you compare Zira and Corneluis from POTA to EFTPOTA, the hair on their make-up is differnet. Cornelius has longer hair compared to POTA and Zira has shorter compared to POTA.

Wow, I think you're right about the Captain's gun. Looks like a luger. I think I just assumed they would have given him Ursus' pistol like the sentry had in BPOTA.

It's weird how they incorporated styles from the TV show with elements of Beneath. The tunic w/the rank strips, the bandolier as belt and the retro pistol.
Really makes me wonder if they are eventually going to do a couple of TV series gorillas.

If I were going to do a Urko custom I think I'd use the HT Ursus head and just repaint the face to give it the lighter brownish color that he had on TV.
Although not an exact match to the Mark Leonard Urko makeupe, the HT Ursus sculpt looks so amazing it just needs to be used as much as possible.

Wow, I think you're right about the Captain's gun. Looks like a luger. I think I just assumed they would have given him Ursus' pistol like the sentry had in BPOTA.

It's weird how they incorporated styles from the TV show with elements of Beneath. The tunic w/the rank strips, the bandolier as belt and the retro pistol.
Really makes me wonder if they are eventually going to do a couple of TV series gorillas.

If I were going to do a Urko custom I think I'd use the HT Ursus head and just repaint the face to give it the lighter brownish color that he had on TV.
Although not an exact match to the Mark Leonard Urko makeupe, the HT Ursus sculpt looks so amazing it just needs to be used as much as possible.

I can't believe how life like he works!

Back