Planet Hulk: Green Scar VS Silver Savage Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They made too many of these. They will be available for a while so I would not sweat a cancellation now for this one.

They made these to order. Thats the problem as too many are now cancelling not because the statue sucks (which it doesn't) but because of the economy.

The Surfer, the Hulk, and the Planet Hulk series rock. Therefore, this dio rocks.

They made these to order. Thats the problem as too many are now cancelling not because the statue sucks (which it doesn't) but because of the economy.

I understand that but I also think that Sideshow needs to take some responsibility in terms of the edition sizes.

You know most of those orders are artificial demand. I know that too. Sideshow just let's it rip once the hype of these pieces is in full force in here for about a week before ordering. Then, once people jump ship, the ES remains high. It penalizes the collectible value for the people that are paying the full price of admission when the orders hit.

Ultimately, Sideshow decides how many is the realistic and correct amount to sell. Making 900 exclusives of this thing is just buying into your own hype, naive and/or irresponsible. Just like that Abomination PF. I know we are going through a time when people cancel a Sideshow Iron Man exclusive without losing sleep, however, the economy is to blame but not entirely.

I understand that but I also think that Sideshow needs to take some responsibility in terms of the edition sizes.

You know most of those orders are artificial demand. I know that too. Sideshow just let's it rip once the hype of these pieces is in full force in here for about a week before ordering. Then, once people jump ship, the ES remains high. It penalizes the collectible value for the people that are paying the full price of admission when the orders hit.

Ultimately, Sideshow decides how many is the realistic and correct amount to sell. Making 900 exclusives of this thing is just buying into your own hype, naive and/or irresponsible. Just like that Abomination PF. I know we are going through a time when people cancel a Sideshow Iron Man exclusive without losing sleep, however, the economy is to blame but not entirely.

agree totally, but another reason for the cancellations is that ssc needs to space out their arrivals better. there's just way to much stuff hitting at the same time right now for most people to keep everything on order.
of course that could be pretty hard though when most people don't just collect one line.

The Surfer, the Hulk, and the Planet Hulk series rock. Therefore, this dio rocks.

That's the smartest thing I've read today. :rock

agree totally, but another reason for the cancellations is that ssc needs to space out their arrivals better. there's just way to much stuff hitting at the same time right now for most people to keep everything on order.

I agree with both of you.

SS does need to keep their ESs within reason...

...BUT shipping all of these items at once is horrible for their customers.

That's the smartest thing I've read today. :rock

I agree with both of you.

SS does need to keep their ESs within reason...

...BUT shipping all of these items at once is horrible for their customers.

I agree too...

Shipping a huge amount at once makes things very tight, thus you get a decent amount of cancelations. As for the ES, you have people who ordered out of hype and the eBay Pre-Flippers. TBD is not always the best choice.

For the price, I don't think there will be a better deal on ebay.

BUT, I don't think flippers will make money either. Not after fees, ect. I figure an ebayer has to get $350 + shipping to break even, so even if it sells for $400, you're not make much.

I'm happy to see that there are real Planet Hulk Connaisseur here ...:rock

+1 mate. Totally agree with you and everyone else that says this dio is picture perfect to the series.. the "beak" doesnt bother me at all.

Can't wait to start seeing in-hand pics! If only I'd snagged the EX :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

just talked to ssc about combining orders and they said this will be in the first week of may, so people should start getting these the second week of may then.:cool:

Back