Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

I kinda have a hit of suspescion that the DX Jack will indeed be a "Classic" Jack. With a "On Stranger Tides" MMS Jack to follow. If not then I could see them adding everything into this DX Jack. Either way, I cant wait to see him and also have him in my collection. I just sold my AWE in anticipation for this sucker. So my shelf is HT Jack-less now. :lol

I did the exact same thing last summer. It was a gamble that I'm sure will pay off. I do miss the pirate in my Detolf, though...

When you look at the posters from the Tokyo Anniversary, it's got the poster of POTC on stranger tides with Dx symbol underneath, so I'd say expect a OST Jack. I still love my AWE Jack but I'm definitely buying the Dx to, definitely one of my all time favourite film characters.

This if from Hot Toys Facebook page today.

"Dear Johnny Depp fans,

We believe that many of our fans are like us being the die-hard fans of Johnny Depp and are very enthusiastic about his movies! We are just more than happy to share with our fans that we will be launching different characters of his, and taking the lead is the DX Jack Sparrow Collectible Figure from the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie!

With the coolest artists crossover, this collectible figure will be even more detailed and movie-accurate, with each part sophisticatedly sculpted and made! Stay tuned!"

Hope this means we get some pics soon. They've already announced the DX so no need for another announcement unless They are about to show something. I hope that is the case. :pray:

Coincidence that this announcement comes as soon as EB drops their teaser Jack pic?

Coincidence that this announcement comes as soon as EB drops their teaser Jack pic?

haha I thought the same thing...but from the announcement, it sounds liek we'll be getting more Depp related characters to follow. Hopefully Sweeney Todd, John Dillinger, Willy Wonka, and any and all other characters portrayed by Depp!

Yeah a John Dillinger figure would be awesome. With all the weapons and outfits he wears, could make for a great looking fig.

A Sweeney Todd figure will be awesome as it's my 2nd fave role of JD in his films next to Capt. Jack

haha I thought the same thing...but from the announcement, it sounds liek we'll be getting more Depp related characters to follow. Hopefully Sweeney Todd, John Dillinger, Willy Wonka, and any and all other characters portrayed by Depp!

I could see them revisiting Scissorhands, but not really sure there's much to redo there but the portrait.

Odds favor Sweeney Todd, I could dream of Ichabod Crane but only if it means and HT Headless Horseman :drool. I think Dillinger would probably be the only traditional looking character of his they'd do just because the variety of weapons and the period costume would be different enough.

They can make Edward as a DX with this extra outfit!

600full-edward-scissorhands-poster.jpg

I'd like to see them do Dillinger, I'd get him for sure, love the character, one of my most favorite movies.

Mad Hatter. Medicom's isn't bad, but I want a Hot Toys version.

Back