Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

*sigh* any word on when Davey Jones will be coming out? Is already april. no pics, no news. nuthin!!

I wouldn't expect Davy soon, Will's 20-25 day notice came on 4/4 which means unless something causes him to be early, he won't be processing til at least 4/24, we still have nothing for Cannibal Jack, though that should come any day now as the newsletter had him and Will both as late April, possibly Jack is now early May. If I had to guess, I'd say a the earliest, Davy will be mid to late May. I'm not very experienced with figures made out of the PVC material he is, but I imagine quality control with that could make production go longer. Since Will and Jack are on each other's heals, I hope Davy is in June just to spread out payments, as much as he's my most wanted of the trio.

I'd be ok if Jackie and Davy don't show for awhile. Way too much coming in lately.

I hope Davy is in June just to spread out payments, as much as he's my most wanted of the trio.

Amen brother! I can't wait to see it but can wait to pay for it. After Davy Jones I hope to get the first version of Jack.

Huh....Will is already being parted out on eBay.....should be hitting any day now.

Huh....Will is already being parted out on eBay.....should be hitting any day now.

I wouldn't expect Davy soon, Will's 20-25 day notice came on 4/4 which means unless something causes him to be early, he won't be processing til at least 4/24.

Going by SSC's info, that's when we can roughly expect Will from them, though right now the HT Wolf Pred is a week overdue, so Will could fall victim to similar and be around early May.

I don't know if I want Davy to get here soon or not. I have been torn if I want to keep him or not for the last couple days. For some reason the $160 is starting to scare me but he looks so dang awsome. I looked on ebay at the NECA ones and was going to get that instead sicne it would be a LOT less but I just can't pull the trigger on canceling the HT one yet. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I don't know if I want Davy to get here soon or not. I have been torn if I want to keep him or not for the last couple days. For some reason the $160 is starting to scare me but he looks so dang awsome. I looked on ebay at the NECA ones and was going to get that instead sicne it would be a LOT less but I just can't pull the trigger on canceling the HT one yet. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

NECA Davy isn't accurate. Paint colors are off, as well. Stick with HT.

Personally, I can't wait for Can Jack. Such an exciting, colorful, lively figure.

HT really nailed Depp. It's so accurate, as well. Even has the piece of cloth covering the "black spot" on his hand. Plus, it comes with an extra head. I'm stoked.

product_image.php

Last edited:

NECA Davy isn't accurate. Paint colors are off, as well. Stick with HT.

Personally, I can't wait for Can Jack. Such an exciting figure. Very colorful as well.

OH PLEASE BRING OUT CANNIBAL JACK FIGURE! I really want that figure. hehe

Been a long time coming for a Hot Toys figure. And while I have an HT Endo, I still want a flesh figure with a tailored outfit. See what these figures are really like in hand.

OH PLEASE BRING OUT CANNIBAL JACK FIGURE! I really want that figure. hehe

Been a long time coming for a Hot Toys figure. And while I have an HT Endo, I still want a flesh figure with a tailored outfit. See what these figures are really like in hand.

You will be surprise how good they are …I was. :google

I'm only buying Cannibal Jack for the extra headsculpt, which I think looks better than the first version's sculpt. I might even part with the first Jack once I get this new one.

im all for the cannibal headsculpt. that is a hillarious sculpt which really brings out how uniquely depp plays this role. i may change out my V1 jack with the alternate head. i got some ideas brewing for a few poses with that cocky smile.

My plan is to definitely hunt eBay for a V2 Alternate Smiling Jack HS but if prices get too high which there is early indication that they might, I'll just plunk down the $150 and get the figure whole.

Great news,I ordered mine from a seller in Hong Kong so I should get it soon. Can't wait to swap the head on the AWE Jack with the "smiling" sculpt.

I was expecting the Cannibal head to be on the figure, but this makes more sense because of the big head piece on the Cannibal head. It would have made them have a taller package.

I was expecting the Cannibal head to be on the figure, but this makes more sense because of the big head piece on the Cannibal head. It would have made them have a taller package.

The head piece isn't attached to the head though, so that wouldn't matter. My guess is they decided to keep all the cannibal stuff together so they put that head in an accessory tray.

I'm curious to know the structure of the box, the full figure photo looks like every other POTC release, but then where are the accessories which look concealed more like the AVP stuff. Maybe they did it like Sideshow's Star Wars packaging.

I just checked the Sideshow website and Davy Jones now has a May 2008 release date. I guess the clock is ticking even faster on getting those funds together.

Back