Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Definitely looks better. Even Davy fits in with the other two better.

Yeah Wor-Gar Davy looks more in scale actually.

Thanks guys!

I'm going to experiment a little with Cannibal Jack, since he's still unfutzed... see if I can get him even lower in the boots. I just want to be able to stand him upright and still work in scale.

Finally got a Jack Sparrow thanks to cocoloboy, been wanting jack for quite some time but was never ready to pull the trigger on him at the full prices or higher he was going for at most places. But im happy to finally have him. He's an amazing figure so many cool details, i took one quick pic:
htjack.jpg

Dont think i'll get any of hte others, davy was the only other one that interested me but he's not that important to me, Jack was the only one worth getting to me, but he is awesome.

Finally got a Jack Sparrow thanks to cocoloboy, been wanting jack for quite some time but was never ready to pull the trigger on him at the full prices or higher he was going for at most places. But im happy to finally have him. He's an amazing figure so many cool details, i took one quick pic:
htjack.jpg

Dont think i'll get any of hte others, davy was the only other one that interested me but he's not that important to me, Jack was the only one worth getting to me, but he is awesome.

Davy is amazing! If you can get a good price on him, I'd get him!

One of my favorites. And you're right all the little details really make him pop!

htjack.jpg

I miss him already.:monkey2

I love my hot toys Davey Jones, Thoug I'm not a big fan of the rubber clothes, I've been thinking about getting the Zizzle jones, and swapping and weathering the clothes.

I really want to like that figure but there are a few things that bug me about it. 1) The sculpt just isn't Jack to me. Why so serious? and 2) the skin tone is poorly chosen- way too dark to me. And finally 3) the height is bonkers. I feel like Jack is more of a sneaky scheming smaller guy. The Hot Toys figure makes him look kind of bulky.

I do like the Cannibal version though because of the great headsculpt and accessories. I think I would just like to complete that Jack by finding a coat and a hat.

I really want to like that figure but there are a few things that bug me about it. 1) The sculpt just isn't Jack to me. Why so serious? and 2) the skin tone is poorly chosen- way too dark to me. And finally 3) the height is bonkers. I feel like Jack is more of a sneaky scheming smaller guy. The Hot Toys figure makes him look kind of bulky.

I do like the Cannibal version though because of the great headsculpt and accessories. I think I would just like to complete that Jack by finding a coat and a hat.

Or do like I did and find someone who will sell you the smiling Jack head from the Cannibal one. :)

Or do like I did and find someone who will sell you the smiling Jack head from the Cannibal one. :)

.... but I like the Cannibal head better. :monkey3:eek::lol He's infinitely cooler so take that *puts big L on his forehead... then you cry.* :lol

Jack Sparrow is definitely one of HT's worst representations as far as the overall look of the figure, and by that I mean the TrueType just totally kills the ability of the figure to properly represent Depp. The TT is good for some characters and tolerable for others, but I can't think of a figure I've seen that looks least like who it should because of it as Sparrow, which is a shame, great costuming and sculpting and all, but a body that just doesn't embody him, he looks almost like a weightlifter.

As for the skin tone on the v1, that's really variable. Some got it with really dark skin tone, but the one I have is identical in tone to both heads that came with my Cannibal Jack, sadly it's a hit or miss with it.

My only nits with the v1 outside of the TT's proportions are the coat and scabbard. The coat isn't the right material or color, not even close, and the scabbard's a bit short.

I'd be curious to see what a repaint of an HT head does to the appearance. The cast flesh and skin texture have a real unique look and finish to them, I wonder how much a repaint would make the head feel like it came from another manufacturer, as I too have wanted to see the Cannibal head done to look like a standard Jack head.

I can't believe I haven't seen that done yet. The cannibal head has the most Depp like qualities to me- especially the facial expression.

I'd be curious to see what a repaint of an HT head does to the appearance. The cast flesh and skin texture have a real unique look and finish to them, I wonder how much a repaint would make the head feel like it came from another manufacturer, as I too have wanted to see the Cannibal head done to look like a standard Jack head.

We'll see in a while. I talked to Kuato about painting mine a month ago, and he threw me in his schedule. Haven't shipped the head to him for painting yet, but seeing his SS Indiana Jones repaints have me really stoked :chew

Well Kuato's good, so no matter, it'll look good, but I'll be curious to see close ups next to a stock HT head to see how well they mesh together.

Back