Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

That's too bad. I was looking forward to a Barbossa and funds permitting replacing my AWE Elizabeth with one in pirate garb. I wonder if they'll ever go back and do that if she isn't in the next movie. Maybe I'll just use the money from not buying those to upgrade from my Medi Jack to HT...

Thanks for the info.

Given HT's usual tactics, I'd say the only figures with a good chance of being made even if they're not in the 4th film are Barbossa and while the character will be in film 4, Curse costume Jack Sparrow is a possibility, more heads, different scabbard, improved coat, etc. I think they'll make Barbossa if more figures are made, but beyond him I don't see much revisiting to the first 3 films unless they perceive a demand or have a desire to specifically revisit someone or add someone.

It would be nice to see a Barbossa released, he's the only missing link in the character chain.

You're right, I tried closing the jacket and it does reach to the point of the waist, but that's the only point it will meet at. The Medi jacket is designed to be open about 2" apart, it is sewn straight in the back with straight pieces over the front of the shoulders and no excess slack for it to be closed.

I was afraid of that with the Medi. That's why I went with the Zizzle vest, but then I had the unfortunate unforeseen dye problem.

Perhaps the HT Jack vest would work better for her.

Late to the party but wanted to share my happiness with my fellow "Black Pearl" crewmates!

Just received my "Cannibal Jack" figure from Agent23 and it's a work of art. From that amazing Cannibal King headsculpt to the beautiful headpiece to the rest of him. Just wonderful.

My only complaint is that I apparently got one of the "George Hamilton complexion" versions. Mine's deeply tanned. Strangely, my smirking headsculpt has less of the tan.

I picked up a loose Sparrow hat and stand from the version 1 and am displaying the extra head on that stand, wearing his hat, with the sword, scabbard, pistol and extra hand on the base. I think it looks cool and mimics the exclusive from the Iron Man Mk.II, in a way.

Now I'm tempted to pick up the first version as well as Will and Davy. Man, I wish they had released a Barbosa...

We might get a Barbossa yet. There is a new POTC movie slated to be released.

In Hollywood final never means final. If it's a success, they will make more, regardless how relevant it is.

Indeed. let us not forget how they ends up....
Or that jack Sparrow Sales off with a map to the fountian of youth in the end

I'm sure at some point, At World's End was somewhat planned to be the end of POTC movies, it took almost a year and a half just to sign Johnny Depp back on board and announce anything, and they still haven't solidified a script or anything that I know. I think they saw the love for POTC, some of the dissappointment over the 2nd and 3rd acts, and wanted to use the popularity to make more money doing another and also "redeem" the series.

I'm sure at some point, At World's End was somewhat planned to be the end of POTC movies, it took almost a year and a half just to sign Johnny Depp back on board and announce anything, and they still haven't solidified a script or anything that I know. I think they saw the love for POTC, some of the dissappointment over the 2nd and 3rd acts, and wanted to use the popularity to make more money doing another and also "redeem" the series.

I know a few people who were disappointed in DCM and AWE, though many more so for AWE. God help me, DMC was vastly my favorite of the trilogy. Originally I didn't like the idea of a villain replacing Barbossa, but Davy Jones floored me as a villain of palpable menace, brilliance, sadism, and tragedy. And as to Barbossa, well, now we know how DMC ended, so that sealed the deal for me. :D

I liked all 3 films myself. Of course the first was fresh and original, but DMC had so much fun and adventure. AWE was a little lacking, but it was still a joy to see all the crew back together again.

I was a fan of the sequels in the beginning even if there were major things I didn't care for, but the more I watched them the less I liked them.

I still find DMC very watchable. AWE not so much, except the final showdown ending.

COTBP is the best stand-alone. But I'd say DMC is a worthy sequel, if incomplete in its "Empire" episodic style with no ending. AWE is ultimately forgettable (except for the end and a nice expanded score).

I love the whole package, I agree Curse was the strongest, but I just love the world that it all takes place in, it's fun, entertaining characters. Probably helps getting through AWE that I have a mad crush on Keira and I'm entranced in any scene she's in so even if it sucks I'm still happy :lol

I look forward to the 4th though, more Jack emphasis and a more thought out script.

AWE's faults are because of the rush job they did making it. If they weren't filming it without a script and all I think it would have been stronger. DMC was a great bridging film and AWE just had some issues that didn't deliver. We were all expecting Return of the Jedi to Empire Strikes Back and we got the Ewoks Battle for Endor :lol

AWE still has the 2nd best fight in the series. Jack and Davy dueling on the Dutchman, Barbossa piloting the Pearl, the rain, the green tones to the scene, it was just visually wild to watch, and the subtle weaving of the same music from the Barbossa duel in Curse was great, that's some of my favorite music in any movie. It really pisses me off that there's not cut of it out there, I'd love to have it. There's pieces from Curse on that album, but not the full thing.

That said, back to work and I'm playing my POTC greatest hits on my ipod :lol

I still find DMC very watchable. AWE not so much, except the final showdown ending.

COTBP is the best stand-alone. But I'd say DMC is a worthy sequel, if incomplete in its "Empire" episodic style with no ending. AWE is ultimately forgettable (except for the end and a nice expanded score).

You just have a crush on Pirate Swann :naughty That why the love for DMC.

So Wor-Gar how those customs coming?

Very well... but the completion of Swann's outfit is sort of out of my hand right now. The final secret ingredients are coming together nicely. :)

Yes, I had to subcontract out. Lame asss Zizzle poopoo vest!

I should have her together somewhat soon, and I'm gonna try to finish Will up at the same time.

Back