Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Just snaps off if I remember correctly.

And no you dont need the ball joint, since his boots are strong enough to hold up the figure, the legs just sit inside the boot.

Just snaps off if I remember correctly.

And no you dont need the ball joint, since his boots are strong enough to hold up the figure, the legs just sit inside the boot.

Perfect! You showed up just in time! Thanks!

I think I'm gonna pull Jack's pants off right now. :D

I think I'm gonna pull Jack's pants off right now. :D

:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Hey WG, maybe you could do a pics tutorial as you go. The one I did sucked ass, since I took pics after I have finished the process. Might be helpful to anyone else who may want to do it :rock

:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Hey WG, maybe you could do a pics tutorial as you go. The one I did sucked ass, since I took pics after I have finished the process. Might be helpful to anyone else who may want to do it :rock

I did take some pics, but I'm confused... my Jack lost little or no height from the procedure.

I pulled out the ball joints, then got one of the extenders off. So I tried the boots on, and both legs -- one with extender still on -- fit into the boots without any 'leaning' that would be expected and no height change. Seems my Jack's calves hold their place in his boots about where the extenders reached.

I'm gonna try to shove the calves deeper in. See what happens. Very strange though, I expected an obvious change in height. I got him next to Davy and...no change.

I think there are some variatons to the TrueType. I'm going to strip down my Joker and Harvey Dent someday and have a look. Joker is a good 1/4 inch taller than Dent and if anything his shoes would be lower than Dent's.

I did take some pics, but I'm confused... my Jack lost little or no height from the procedure.

I pulled out the ball joints, then got one of the extenders off. So I tried the boots on, and both legs -- one with extender still on -- fit into the boots without any 'leaning' that would be expected and no height change. Seems my Jack's calves hold their place in his boots about where the extenders reached.

I'm gonna try to shove the calves deeper in. See what happens. Very strange though, I expected an obvious change in height. I got him next to Davy and...no change.

:dunno

That is strange......I dont know :confused:

:dunno

That is strange......I dont know :confused:

King, did you see a difference in Jack, or just in Swann by her raised height? I know you did the procedure mainly to raise Swann up... so maybe you didn't notice that Jack's differential was so minor.

If its the case, then I would recommend that people only need to pry out the ball joint. Removing the leg extender didn't give me any less height.

Here's a compare I whipped up best I could:

BeforeAftercomparelined.jpg

I lined the eyeline and the knee line. Eyes show a clear height loss, but the knee line is much more minor.

Unfortunately I took the BEFORE pic with bent knees so I had to do the same for the AFTER, and I'm not certain if the true height change is from the extender removal or I bent the knees a bit more. :)

You just have to push the calves in a little deeper. I did the leg surgery on both Jacks and Will Turner and the boots fit on a bit over 1/4inch or even a 1/3inch higher on the calf. Mine fit right below the base of the joint and the legs look shorter than before the surgery.

Does Jack still look right?

I'm not sure what you mean?

You just have to push the calves in a little deeper. I did the leg surgery on both Jacks and Will Turner and the boots fit on a bit over 1/4inch or even a 1/3inch higher on the calf. Mine fit right below the base of the joint and the legs look shorter than before the surgery.

Yeah, I shoved the leg in as deep as mine would go, joint is on the boot's edge. So if its a 1/4 inch, so be it. I expected more dramatic results. My Jack is still too tall to Davy, even after surgery. Guess I gotta keep ol' Jack bent-kneed all the time.

HT: let's get with the program on height, will ya? That's your homework for this year.

I was referring to what Samuel had said about Jack's legs looking shorter after the switch. I just picked Cannibal Jack last weekend and need references on how to dress him properly.

King, did you see a difference in Jack, or just in Swann by her raised height? I know you did the procedure mainly to raise Swann up... so maybe you didn't notice that Jack's differential was so minor.

If its the case, then I would recommend that people only need to pry out the ball joint. Removing the leg extender didn't give me any less height.

Here's a compare I whipped up best I could:

BeforeAftercomparelined.jpg

I lined the eyeline and the knee line. Eyes show a clear height loss, but the knee line is much more minor.

Unfortunately I took the BEFORE pic with bent knees so I had to do the same for the AFTER, and I'm not certain if the true height change is from the extender removal or I bent the knees a bit more. :)

I see what you mean. I dont have Davy, so I couldnt so a comparison there. I guess coupled with Jacks slight decrease in hight and Elizabeths gain in height made it seem more dramatic.

I see what you mean. I dont have Davy, so I couldnt so a comparison there. I guess coupled with Jacks slight decrease in hight and Elizabeths gain in height made it seem more dramatic.

Yeah, I think that's it too. Oh well, still a good thing to do -- every little bit helps.

What Jack really needs is a chunk removed from his long thighs...but I'm not sure I want to attempt that.

Yeah, I think that's it too. Oh well, still a good thing to do -- every little bit helps.

What Jack really needs is a chunk removed from his long thighs...but I'm not sure I want to attempt that.

Yeah, thats to much effort for me :lol

Plus you run the risk of destroying a TT body, which are none to easy to come but.

Oh well.

Yeah, thats to much effort for me :lol

Plus you run the risk of destroying a TT body, which are none to easy to come but.

Oh well.

True. I won't be doing it.

But still, your theory holds -- people only need to removie the ball joints though, which is really easy. No need to pry out the extenders themselves.

Here's what I got out of Sparrow, shown here to compare height with Swann and Davy:

SwannwithJackDavy.jpg

Jack's still a bit tall (bent knees help) but at least my Swann looks like she'll fit in nicely on the Davy Scale. The pirate boots gave Swann some much needed height.

Back